blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham
After a quiet finish to the year and a poor (by his standards) finals series I expect C Judd to rip the comp to shreds like he never has before.

The other one is Kane Lucas who will really show why he was a 1st rd pick.

ClassyCarlton

Debutant
Apr 19, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Tuohy will improve out of sight after he has shown so much this year.
I am expecting him to be a regular inclusion in the side next year.

I really really really hope they don't move Henderson back up forward after he did so well down back!

Can you imagine Jamison and Henderson picking up the talls
Laidler and Duigan at their hard-working best
and...
Yarran AND Tuohy rebounding of the half back line

That is to me a dangerous and very versatile backline!!!!!!
Sure to give the oppositions forwards a headache!

I also think that one of Casboult & Mitchell will step up to play as a forward in our side.

Gibbs to have a year like murphy did this year.

Judd to take it to a new level after being disappointed in himself after his end of the season efforts.

If you consider how many players we had injured and how well we have done despite this - we are in for an even better year this year!

Dec 15, 2007
a nutshell.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LAKERS|STORM|BULLANTS
Luke+Mitchell+Carlton+Training+Session+0GFAd36yzdOl.jpg

Dale Gribble

Team Captain
Suspended
Jun 12, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Chris Yarran as he will get to the stage of other greats like Michael Long and Andrew Mcleod if he really wants it.

Curnow & Tuohy. Curnow because he started so well before injury cut his year short (and I believe he'll take it up another notch), and Tuohy because of the Glimpses of natural ability he's shown and with those thighs has the potential to kick the skin of the ball.

Too good. Posters like this are the reason I hang out here more than I should. Well said. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Fiddy10

Draftee
Oct 11, 2011
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Hey guys, i was talking to kade simpsons dad saturday night and he was saying the player to look out for in 2012 is Luke Mitchell. Levi will be played and tried at the FF position as well. Can't wait to see what big Mitchell can do :)

Blueboys7

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Pheonix Suns
You lot are kidding me, aren't you?

Mitchell was out for most of the season injured, so has hardly played an introduction year. He'll be lucky to make his debut in 2012. It's not fair to expect him to slot in at full forward.

I don't even care if he plays an AFL game or not but I cannot wait to see him play at any level.

I don't expect too much from him but if he's fit, I'm confident he could play half a season.

TheRedPill

All Australian
Jun 24, 2005
here
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
A football team
Shaun Hampson - Monstrously tall and athletic. He showed good signs during the year before being struck down by injury and will be going into his 6th AFL season. With his tall and lean frame, it was always going to take time for him to reach AFL readiness. Ratten has made an early call of Hampson to the forwardline and I think he will finally become a weapon in 2012.

Kane Lucas - Injuries, form, confidence and a reasonably tough midfield to break into; it was a tough 2nd year for Lucas. He showed enough in his first season and in the second half of this year to suggest he has the class to make it, and a strong pre-season will make him a round 1 starter. Would be loathe to lose such a talent as he strikes me as the prototypical modern day wingman - athletic, glides over the surface, takes a strong grab, composed under pressure and silky with his ball use.

Zach Tuohy - It's hard to believe the package we have here. Fast, strong, aggressive, supremely skilled. He backs himself and this year came through most of the time. His rapid development suggests a very high ceiling IMO and with a pre-season learning the ropes from Juddy, Richardson & co he should be able to find the ball more often and become a genuine weapon.

Bryce Gibbs - Finally we're building the depth in defense to release Gibbs. He is superb down back but he will win clearances, release teammates and slice through the opposition in the middle. 100% silk, complements Murphy nicely and will continue hitting the scoreboard more often in 2012 I should think. Genuine breakout year in 2012 I feel, a la Murphy this year.

Ed Curnow - Found the ball and dished it off cleanly at the start of the season pre-injury. Time will tell if he can recapture that but I think he fills a crucial void in our midfield brigade - the hard-running magnet with quick hands. Should put on bulk and continue developing as an in-and-under.

Matthew Kreuzer - It's easy to forget, amidst all our riches, maybe the best of all. Kreuzer is a nightmare for opposition teams and will exert an influence over contested situations around the ground in a similar vein to Sandilands. Tough, hard-working and very competitive. I think we've been very patient with his ACL recovery (which is fantastic) and hopefully he can get another pre-season under his belt and return to the ruck with a vengeance. He can pinch hit up forward but he's such a star in the middle...

Chris Yarran - He has come on in leaps and bounds over 2011 and he will only get better from here. Special player and a great choice by WH. #6 draft picks don't always turn out so well so congrats to the coaching staff.

Honourable Mentions

Andrew Collins - Clever, skillful player. Struggled in his AFL appearances in 2011 but if he gets over his injuries and bulks up further, he should fit in nicely on a forward flank/wing.

Rhys O'Keeffe - He's tough and he has a beautiful left foot. We're assembling a nice crew of spectacular kicks and he will make that movement out of defense that much easier. Hopefully he can be injury free, work on his pace and agility and have an impact in 2011. MC clearly rate him as his WCE game illustrates and a taste of what is needed would've been good for him.

Luke Mitchell - I think 2013 will be the first year he has a genuine impact but I'm so interested to see how he goes, even at VFL level. Huge amount of luck needed in getting over his shoulder troubles (did he get the Walker treatment?) but is already a big lad capable of making a cameo or two. Fingers crossed.

Matthew Watson - For a 195cm 18yo, Watson did well to get a few games. Some may have been disappointed but the fact he was amongst it (averaged 13 disposals in his three games) is encouraging enough. His body has some way to go before it's ready but with his disposal he should catch the eye a few times!

So yeah... pretty excited for 2012. I hear the usual "where's the improvement going to come from"...bullsh!t. We have a bloody young side and they'll only improve. Maybe only Judd, Carrazzo, Scotland, Duigan, Simpson and Betts will remain around a similar level off the top of my head...

Alice

All Australian
May 11, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
I would say Russell - if he recaptures 2010 form/fitness he will set it alight. Even better...he converts to a mid after a super preseason and smashes it there!!!

Kades_Dad

All Australian
Sep 30, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
hey guys, i was talking to kade simpsons dad saturday night and he was saying the player to look out for in 2012 is luke mitchell. Levi will be played and tried at the ff position as well. Can't wait to see what big mitchell can do :)

wtf?????

Cant split Curnow/Zach. Throw in Mitchell. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Curnow & Tuohy. Curnow because he started so well before injury cut his year short (and I believe he'll take it up another notch), and Tuohy because of the Glimpses of natural ability he's shown and with those thighs has the potential to kick the skin of the ball.

Too good. Posters like this are the reason I hang out here more than I should. Well said. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Post needed more sarcasm.

BlueTongue rates pick 22, Dare and Cachia higher than Lucas.

TG shoots.......... a miss!

BlueDW

Club Legend
Dec 14, 2006
North Lakes
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Montana Country-Notre Dame and 49er
I reckon the easy pick is Yazz, but for mine, Hendo is the one. If he can develop as a CHB and make it his own, will go a long way to us winning it all in Sep, or is it Oct again next year???

Back