footymaad

Team Captain
Sep 28, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Morningside Panthers
Interesting that Suns havent pre listed these guys as per the rules, Yagmoor in particular.
I think the cutoff date for Suns to nominate priority zone Queensland selections is not until Nov 18, week before draft, so its still possible they may nominate another player. I guess they nominated Sexton so early as they were certain they wanted him and it allowed him to sit out the end of the NEAFL season (didnt play in the Redlands reserves last couple of finals) and have the required break so then able to front up up for day 1 of preseason training once he's finished year 12.

I guess they want to get through trade week to see what they have to give up if they want to try to get involved in trading with GWS for a 17 year old pick, have a look at the draft camp etc, before deciding if they are better off with another Qld zone selection or taking someone from the draft - depends where they rank the Qld boys. If they are borderline and dont think they will be picked up by another club at the draft they can then prelist them as Qld rookies if they belong to them and not Lions area?

kid_a

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, East Freo, Glory
X Carlton player Ryan Houlihan off to Sharks.Big chance a x West Coast Eagle star will land at Southport.Ben Hudson deciding on Labrador and Southport,looking to land a role with Suns.

please elaborate?
depending on who it is i may find my self attending a lot more sharks game next year

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Was mentioned earlier in another thread I think that Adam Hunter was interviewed by Noosa so he's around this part of the State anyway? Might be him.

chikka ferguson

All Australian
Feb 27, 2010
airlie beach
AFL Club
Carlton
the year he had morningside wass cut short because od a fractures jaw. thanks to a head clash with a team mate in a game where he turned it on it's head by himself against the vultures at ditmar park. he had a great start to the year. the vultures might remeber him taking a hanger in the goal square and kicking 4th for the qtr and 5th for the game late in the first meeting they had that year
Spurr may be headed to GWS then traded to Hawks for Ladson?

bballscout

Cancelled
Apr 22, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
rather see him get picked up by a club in victoria. if he doesn't get a senior game. he will still be playing in an average comp that he has been playing in for the last 5 years

Good point but I wouldnt call it an average comp, good indicator is Brisbane Lions claiming the spoon.

O'Meara to spend the whole season in the neafl next season? Predictions? Is he eligible for rising star?

chikka ferguson

All Australian
Feb 27, 2010
airlie beach
AFL Club
Carlton
Good point but I wouldnt call it an average comp, good indicator is Brisbane Lions claiming the spoon.

O'Meara to spend the whole season in the neafl next season? Predictions? Is he eligible for rising star?

Good on him if he gets picked up.Will play seniors,much better player than Sam Sheldon for one.Would pick Payne up also.Both ready made AFL players

stuyd1

Premiership Player
Jul 9, 2011
gold coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Good on him if he gets picked up.Will play seniors,much better player than Sam Sheldon for one.Would pick Payne up also.Both ready made AFL players

Agree Chikka. Zorko has such a desire to make the elite level. He lives and breathes this dream.He will never be a star at this level, but has the ability to become a regular senior player.His height and body size is a deterrant , but his record at neafl club level, and his excellant performance in this years interstate clash with WAFL,shows he has the ability to make the big time.

footymaad

Team Captain
Sep 28, 2010
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Morningside Panthers
Interesting that Suns havent pre listed these guys as per the rules, Yagmoor in particular.
Yagmoor going to Collingwood after deal with Gold Coast today - listed as Qld Zone Selection and then traded to Collingwood with draft picks changing hands. Collingwood were obviously very keen to get him and now dont have to take the risk of trying to get him via the draft and potentially missing out. Congratulations Peter.

Roadkill

Debutant
Sep 9, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United
Yagmoor going to Collingwood after deal with Gold Coast today - listed as Qld Zone Selection and then traded to Collingwood with draft picks changing hands. Collingwood were obviously very keen to get him and now dont have to take the risk of trying to get him via the draft and potentially missing out. Congratulations Peter.

Zorko just went to Brisbane

maurie

Cancelled
Mar 13, 2011
brisbane
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Same deal with Zorko....Suns grabbed him as territorial pick and traded to Brisbane Lions. Well done Zorko..thoroughly deserves a crack at the big time :thumbsu:

Speedyunit

All Australian
Feb 9, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Same deal with Zorko....Suns grabbed him as territorial pick and traded to Brisbane Lions. Well done Zorko..thoroughly deserves a crack at the big time :thumbsu:

well don to both Peter and Zorko, i reckon there maybe a couple more to follow in Allen and Bell (rookie spots at least)

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast

Marty King's influence?:D

Back