Apr 5, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Steven Morris
722178-stevenmorris.jpg

D.O.B: 31/12/1988
Height: 185cm
Weight: 84kg

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/124886/default.aspx

Richmond has snared Steven Morris, the son of dual Tiger premiership player Kevin Morris.

Morris, who joined West Adelaide four years ago, after playing TAC Cup football with the Western Jets, had a breakout season in the SANFL this year, averaging more than 18 disposals per game and earning plaudits for his fierce attack on the ball, commitment to the contest, and ability to break the lines with his foot speed.

“Steven's got a really strong, mature body. And, even though he’s just 22, he's played senior footy for quite a while now at a good standard, said Richmond’s General Manager of Football, Craig Cameron.

“He's tenacious and courageous and gives it everything he's got.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/124886/default.aspx

Re: Steven Morris

Another strong bodied kid. Very good. Kicking alright?

I thought I heard him quoted that he could improve his kicking. Having said that, his video highlights showed him picking out inside 50 forward targets from HBF rebounding, so he can't be that shabby.

Haere Ra

I thought I heard him quoted that he could improve his kicking. Having said that, his video highlights showed him picking out inside 50 forward targets from HBF rebounding, so he can't be that shabby.

Haere Ra

Yes.
Looked like a lovely kick of the footy.
Perhaps it's his kicking under pressure that has the question mark

Spluff

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers

Haere Ra

To be fair, they were highlights. I'd imagine if you put together a highlights video of McGuane they'd show him intercepting a pass, breaking the lines and delivering beautifully inside 50.

To be fair, they were highlights. I'd imagine if you put together a highlights video of McGuane they'd show him intercepting a pass, breaking the lines and delivering beautifully inside 50.

Agreed.

Re McGuane, a package of lowlights v West Coast at Subiaco 2011 is more appropriate.

Haere Ra

Haere Ra

It's all relevant to pressure i guess. If we're on top in the back half, all of a sudden there's more time and space to execute the skill function. Under the pump and shizen happens.

Got a massive smother on Cotchin at training today, not very many players would have gotten near. One of the bravest players in the league without doubt.

Has been copping a few wacks on the board of late, and we (Morro & Morro) are not happy about it.

Played a pretty solid game on Friday night, seems to have been given more of a license to run and carry than last year although towards the end of the year he did get better at this, so maybe its just a confidence thing.

It pains me to say though, the highlight of the game was not his, but he was a part of it. The man mountain that is Majak Daw, gave him a Dustiesque dont argue and the cameras certainly caught the pain he felt when he went to ground and Majak ran 238 metres without a bounce to kick a very composed goal.

Super Stevie Morris. Jeez, I love the bloke.

There's an article on the AFL webpage that belongs here. It talks about Morris as a potential AA. I couldn't care less about All Australian selection, but praise from Andy Collins (Hawthorn premiership defender in the 80's and 90's, not the one we flogged to Carlton) is not to be sniffed at. This article also gives the numbers for least goals conceded by a small defender, and as of Round 22, Morris is rated second behind Corey Enright. Fair company.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-23/morris-the-miser

Back