In the wings members

Chris who

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I thought it would be good to post hardluck stories here!

I have been a member since 08 and im at 4381 in the line. which means I could be about 16000th in line!

Anyone here a recent joiner of the cue? What number are you?

gbp420

Debutant
Jun 14, 2009
The River
AFL Club
West Coast
Member since 2009, currently #5695.
Not holding my breath, new stadium will probably come first (and that's saying something!).
Just grateful that I can get member resale tix and some sort of priority come finals.

Jun 11, 2011
The Mount
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Test Cricket, Collingwood, WPFC
Been in the wings since last year.

I'm at 8000 or so.

Long long way. It's worth it for the basic priorities you get though.

My old man is really pissed at himself for not becoming a member when we were kids, and I definately hold that against him. But I still manage to get tickets to most home games anyway so it's all good.

Laino24

Debutant
Aug 29, 2011
Ballajura
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, St Etienne
I've been in the wings since the start of last season and I'm 7733 on wait list. doesnt bother me though, I got tickets to 10 games this season and the only ones i didn't go to were because i was at gold coast (round 1 kangas game) or at a wedding (port adelaide game).

Alexwce

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Everton
3700, 08 as well

Have to renew mine sometime later this month. Only reason, I'm still re-buying my waiting list is because I want the stuff you get as an in the wings member. The new super stadium will be built first.

ITS ME

Team Captain
Aug 6, 2008
freo
AFL Club
West Coast
Rang to day and enquired and they said average wait for in the wings members is 6years, kind of think this is a farce. Honesty goes a long way. 8000 people at $65 for a few small benifits.. No wonder West Coast arnt pushing for a new
stadium

In The Wings since 2007.

Wait List : 941

Last year Wait List # was : 1354

So I am hoping like hell that 2014 may be the year I get some good news from West Coast HQ.

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
Member since 2009, currently #5695.
Not holding my breath, new stadium will probably come first (and that's saying something!).
Just grateful that I can get member resale tix and some sort of priority come finals.

I signed up in 09 as well and 2011 was my third season as a member.
Currently Number: 4791

Forever in debt to my parents who signed up as Noteholders and inugural members back in 1987. They're my memberships now though!:D

So were you one of the members selected to be on the ground at the Richmond(?) game?

Chris who

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
In The Wings since 2007.

Wait List : 941

Last year Wait List # was : 1354

So I am hoping like hell that 2014 may be the year I get some good news from West Coast HQ.

I thought there was currently a 5 yr wait???? Im confused, its like we are being lied to?

Wheres Wally

Senior List
Jul 14, 2008
Austrailia
AFL Club
West Coast
The average wait is in excess of tewn years. If you were told different then you were lied to. On average less than 2% dont renew memberships . So only about 700 memberships are given out.

Rang to day and enquired and they said average wait for in the wings members is 6years, kind of think this is a farce. Honesty goes a long way. 8000 people at $65 for a few small benifits.. No wonder West Coast arnt pushing for a new
stadium

Wouldn't they get more money if those current In The Wings members became full members each year? So surely they would be for a new stadium and not against. Easily worth more money.

Sep 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
It's a bit of a farce, I want to get AFL membership as being in Vic the 40 games per year at Etihad and the G makes sense, but I'm not able to nominate the Eagles as my club. Means I have to choose a different club to give money to.

Dec 25, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm not able to nominate the Eagles as my club. Means I have to choose a different club to give money to.

Obviously you chose a club which isn't arrogant and needs the cash?

On another note, how much does it cost to be an in the wings member? I've never really held any desire to pay money to go to Subiaco Oval so I didn't bother with memberships. The new stadium may change that.

Laino24

Debutant
Aug 29, 2011
Ballajura
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, St Etienne
Obviously you chose a club which isn't arrogant and needs the cash?

On another note, how much does it cost to be an in the wings member? I've never really held any desire to pay money to go to Subiaco Oval so I didn't bother with memberships. The new stadium may change that.
It costs $65 for a crappy bag, a laynard, a card, a yearbook and a couple of eagles stickers that i put on dockers supporters cars when they park in the carpark behind my apartment block for dockers home games

ITS ME

Team Captain
Aug 6, 2008
freo
AFL Club
West Coast
Wouldn't they get more money if those current In The Wings members became full members each year? So surely they would be for a new stadium and not against. Easily worth more money.

Research shows that if we have a 60000 seat stadium there is a good chance membership will fall due to the ability to get a ticket at will. Also they will no longer be able to manipulate membership prices as people will be able to get tickets easier. At present we have the dearest membership and finals tickets out of all clubs. This will stop when the demand for seats decreases due to the seats available to the public being possibly 15 - 20K

Galileo9

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Arsenal, 49ers
Research shows that if we have a 60000 seat stadium there is a good chance membership will fall due to the ability to get a ticket at will. Also they will no longer be able to manipulate membership prices as people will be able to get tickets easier. At present we have the dearest membership and finals tickets out of all clubs. This will stop when the demand for seats decreases due to the seats available to the public being possibly 15 - 20K
absolutely except by the time the stadium is built, this city will have 400k more people and in the wings membership will be twice as long.

no doubt some wont renew, but as the waiting list proves, there are plenty waiting to take their spot. no doubt WCE will need to add value to the membership but we have business top dogs managing the club. we will sort it out.

mick06

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United; San D uh LA Chargers
Yeh big increase pretty rough tbh an extra 35 bucks or so. Still dark they include public transport in the price, can't believe they can get away with that.

Back