Favourite Beer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone get stooged on this? The next day Coles revoked and did not honor the offer :thumbsdown:

Kinda...i found out about it off a mate, checked it literally straight away and it was unavailable, around 2am.

I only heard about the Coppers though, would have been spewing if i missed the golden ale though!!!

s**t for you but $16 dollar slabs of good beer would have been ace as a student i must say.

My mate got his offer revoked too to get on the point

Not quite the thread for it, but I'm currently brewing a beer for a uni assignment (yes, you read that right!). Just had a taste of it today, a day after we stopped the fermentation. It's delicious. It's a pale ale, using only New Zealand hops (Nelson Sauvin, Pacific Gem and NZ Cascade; I tried to get some Australian Galaxy hops as well, but no luck). I'm calling it a Pacific Pale Ale, as it's neither American nor English. Around 6.5% ABV, 65 IBUs.

After this, I'll be setting up some homebrew when I get back to Australia. It's ridiculously easy to brew good beer in small batches.

Not quite the thread for it, but I'm currently brewing a beer for a uni assignment (yes, you read that right!). Just had a taste of it today, a day after we stopped the fermentation. It's delicious. It's a pale ale, using only New Zealand hops (Nelson Sauvin, Pacific Gem and NZ Cascade; I tried to get some Australian Galaxy hops as well, but no luck). I'm calling it a Pacific Pale Ale, as it's neither American nor English. Around 6.5% ABV, 65 IBUs.

After this, I'll be setting up some homebrew when I get back to Australia. It's ridiculously easy to brew good beer in small batches.
So, its similar to a Stone & Wood Pacific, but maybe a bit less citrus tang?

So, its similar to a Stone & Wood Pacific, but maybe a bit less citrus tang?

Funny you should say that, I was actually inspired by that beer (no surprise given the name), BUT, the main inspiration was using Galaxy hops, which as far as I know are the only hops used in S&W's Pacific Ale.

I would have said that Pacific Ale is far less citrusy than you'd expect, and that's what distinguishes it from being just another Aussie attempt at an APA (not that there's anything wrong with that). The predominant flavour and aroma is of passionfruit, pineapple and other tropicals, and that's what I wanted with my beer, but couldn't quite get, because Galaxy hops are rather difficult to source on short notice in the UK.

Basically, the beer I've got is considerably more citrusy than Pacific Ale, as it uses NZ Cascade hops. The Nelson Sauvin and Pacific Gem give it a nice berry flavour and aroma, and these are the primary features (particularly the Nelson Sauvin, which is added at the beginning, middle and end of the boil, and are also used for dry-hopping, since I bloody love them!), but the Cascade hops do give it an APA quality (not that it tastes bad, it tastes brilliant, just that it ruins the theme!).

It's also much maltier and heavier than the Pacific Ale, with an OG of 1060, and some pale chocolate and biscuit malts give it some richness. At 6.5% and 65 IBUs, it's bordering on an IPA as well.

And all this talk about Pacific Ale makes me want to drink some, but I don't like my chances of finding any in the UK! :(

I had a Vale Dark Lager last night. Known as VALE/DRK. Really enjoyed it.

It is malty and just bitter enough.

Hoegaarden beer.

It is a brilliant white beer and esxeptional for drinking in Summer.

Top shelf and now you can buy it in slabs.

21090192_1206291267_hoegaarden330ml.jpg

Funny you should say that, I was actually inspired by that beer (no surprise given the name), BUT, the main inspiration was using Galaxy hops, which as far as I know are the only hops used in S&W's Pacific Ale.

I would have said that Pacific Ale is far less citrusy than you'd expect, and that's what distinguishes it from being just another Aussie attempt at an APA (not that there's anything wrong with that). The predominant flavour and aroma is of passionfruit, pineapple and other tropicals, and that's what I wanted with my beer, but couldn't quite get, because Galaxy hops are rather difficult to source on short notice in the UK.

Basically, the beer I've got is considerably more citrusy than Pacific Ale, as it uses NZ Cascade hops. The Nelson Sauvin and Pacific Gem give it a nice berry flavour and aroma, and these are the primary features (particularly the Nelson Sauvin, which is added at the beginning, middle and end of the boil, and are also used for dry-hopping, since I bloody love them!), but the Cascade hops do give it an APA quality (not that it tastes bad, it tastes brilliant, just that it ruins the theme!).

It's also much maltier and heavier than the Pacific Ale, with an OG of 1060, and some pale chocolate and biscuit malts give it some richness. At 6.5% and 65 IBUs, it's bordering on an IPA as well.

And all this talk about Pacific Ale makes me want to drink some, but I don't like my chances of finding any in the UK! :(

You best be brewing some of that when you get back here.

And I wanna taste it! :D

My delicate and refined tastebuds can only tolerate the finest of carefully crafted brews. Thus why I live off 30 can blocks of Hammer n Tongs in the summer.

Want a tinny mate'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back