Status
Not open for further replies.

sighclone

Team Captain
Sep 4, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Re: Soccer/Association Football Kit Discussion

Red currant, which is another pretentious term for a dark red is red. If Arsenal wore pink, they'd probably get away with a dark red for an away kit. You rarely see a team in standard red play a team in claret or maroon - although it did happen about 10 years ago when Arsenal played at Villa Park in their home kit. Even tangerine or orange against claret is usually seen as a clash.

sighclone

Team Captain
Sep 4, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond

I don't think so Sighclone, but if Arsenal was to adopt a clash to represent... Highbury, is it? I think they sgould use the Yellow with maroon collar and cuffs. That was the same year, wasn't it?

Just checked HFK. Arsenal's away kit in 2005-06 (Goodbye Highbury) was a yellow shirt with black shorts and socks.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Call me odd but I was quite a fan of the teal third kit which the 'Pool wore a few years back. It's a prominent colour in their logo but is rarely used on kits.

sighclone

Team Captain
Sep 4, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond

Call me odd but I was quite a fan of the teal third kit which the 'Pool wore a few years back. It's a prominent colour in their logo but is rarely used on kits.

It does look a bit tealish, but it's supposed to be green.
I once read that some Liverpool fans don't like the extra adornments that were added to what was once a great logo.

sighclone

Team Captain
Sep 4, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond

Ah ok, fair enough then. Who do you support SC?

The team I supported up until my mid-teens was Burnley, then for safety reasons (I had a price on my head) I started to watch Man United.
I don't follow the game the same these days, I actually prefer Aussie Rules and Rugby League.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood

It was a two-yellow send off for a second bookable offence. The first one was there, the second one which involved the "striking" of Skrtel was questionable. Still, if I were a ref I'd have paid it. I love Mario, but it's his brain fades that frustrate the hell out of you. He's the Brendon Fevola of the Premier League. :D

sighclone

Team Captain
Sep 4, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond

Haha TBH, IMO every time the camera goes close up on him, he looks like he's about to kill someone :D No racial thing intended...

Why did you think your comment might be construed as being racist?

i don't think it's anything to do with the color of his skin, the guy just looks like everything around him is amusing and frustrating at once. which, let's be honest, it is. the premier league is entertainment and he is a showman.. he is taking all this crap from the english media in his stride. why always me. i loved it. i hope they get off his back but obviously he needs a kind of father figure, he seems to get on OK enough with mancini but that probably isn't the guy that will tone him down and tell him how to focus all that angst.

sighclone

Team Captain
Sep 4, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond

i don't think it's anything to do with the color of his skin, the guy just looks like everything around him is amusing and frustrating at once. which, let's be honest, it is. the premier league is entertainment and he is a showman.. he is taking all this crap from the english media in his stride. why always me. i loved it. i hope they get off his back but obviously he needs a kind of father figure, he seems to get on OK enough with mancini but that probably isn't the guy that will tone him down and tell him how to focus all that angst.

In Italy, he could play what racists call the race card, he doesn't have that luxury to the same degree in England. Most here just see him as weird, an enfant terrible, the colour of his skin has never been an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back