Advice req'd!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Could anybody recommend a law firm that could provide consultation advice for disputing a fender bender price repair estimate?? Some Delightful company - LeasePlan - has called it's lawyers in to try and extract $761 out of me for a tiny white scratch on the corner of their rear bumper when I clipped the rear cnr bumper of their company car.

This happened 4 months ago (september 2011) and I get a 7 page letter of bills in the mail TODAY and a 60 day "deadline" for payment.

Has anybody had any experience in this sort of situation? I get the distinct feeling that they more than likely wouldn't be interested in hearing our life story and why it's not fair or logical for a young battling family with a mortgage to pay $760 to repair a miniscule cosmetic mark on a companys car that a private owner would've accepted merely a carton of piss and they'd be on their way.

Any suggestions at this point would be greatly appreciated.

Could anybody recommend a law firm that could provide consultation advice for disputing a fender bender price repair estimate?? Some Delightful company - LeasePlan - has called it's lawyers in to try and extract $761 out of me for a tiny white scratch on the corner of their rear bumper when I clipped the rear cnr bumper of their company car.

This happened 4 months ago (september 2011) and I get a 7 page letter of bills in the mail TODAY and a 60 day "deadline" for payment.

Has anybody had any experience in this sort of situation? I get the distinct feeling that they more than likely wouldn't be interested in hearing our life story and why it's not fair or logical for a young battling family with a mortgage to pay $760 to repair a miniscule cosmetic mark on a companys car that a private owner would've accepted merely a carton of piss and they'd be on their way.

Any suggestions at this point would be greatly appreciated.

Look into this firm. You don't have to pay them as they are paid by the insurer, however that may not apply to you. They also give free legal advice over the phone. Also check with your insurance company on your cover and what it covers.

http://walegal.com.au

Beware of Insurance companies, they will use every trick in the book to bend you over. A previous flame had a run in with them after being knocked off her scooter, they dragged it out for nearly 2 years, eventually she settled for a fraction of what she was entitled to, purely because she was sick of the hassle.

Make sure your lawyer goes at it hard, or you'll be bent over.

Cheers fellas, I tend to agree with you Lach, unfortunately. I think my likely path will be to contact them and have them provide photographs of the damage, gather alternative quotes and discuss my options with my insurer who no doubt will just be pushing for me to just pay my excess..

PS. I'll PM you some bank details for that fund Seppo. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back