Eastern Conference - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously all of the clubs are treating it as a development opportunity rather than just picking their best 5 or 6 players. I think that's a good approach. Some of the names on the list may not be the first names that spring to mind when thinking of a rep side but there is some exciting young talent in there. Should be a good hit out. When is it?

Hi guys just joined the thread after following it last year. Rep squad looks to be under 23's like last year, would be keen to know who everyone thinks shouldn't be there and who should captain the team also.

You would think that Bruce or Marcus Crook would have to captain the side. Both have had experience at higher levels and have also played rep in the territiory before.
A few boys on that list that i've never heard of myself, so no chance i'm sticking the neck out on who shouldn't be there!!

I'm not here to name or belittle individuals but would be great to see a full strength ACT side take on the Giants!
Bruce or Crook to captain probably Crook as Roukey has a crush on him ;)
Heard a rumour that big Kav is settling in nicely in Darwin and may not be seen down at tigerland nor canberra for that fact next year. Can anyone confirm or disregard this?

I've seen young Sam Jensen play footy from a young age like a lot of Queanbeyan people. I've been away and apart from the club for quite a while. Anyone care to let me know a little on how he's going? Is he any chance of being drafted?

Have not heard anything about Kav FF but will find out. I know he was close to moving with work last season but unsure about current.

Seems Lokan has already lost an assistant out Belconnen. Rod Crowie. Details unclear as to whether he resigned or was pushed.....pretty sure he quit last season also!

Apparently Bubba's appointment as 18's coach has already had an impact with last years manager and assistants pulling their involvement and quitting the club.

NorWest or anyone else out that way care to fill us in?

I'm not here to name or belittle individuals but would be great to see a full strength ACT side take on the Giants!
Bruce or Crook to captain probably Crook as Roukey has a crush on him ;)
Heard a rumour that big Kav is settling in nicely in Darwin and may not be seen down at tigerland nor canberra for that fact next year. Can anyone confirm or disregard this?

Yeah I heard there was a bit more to it. Apparently couldn't stomach a bloke as young as Klemke being appointed so he's brought forward the move to Darwin and has no plans on returning.

Wow - this is pretty easy ABH. Can't believe I haven't tried it earlier.

Have not heard anything about Kav FF but will find out. I know he was close to moving with work last season but unsure about current.

Seems Lokan has already lost an assistant out Belconnen. Rod Crowie. Details unclear as to whether he resigned or was pushed.....pretty sure he quit last season also!

Apparently Bubba's appointment as 18's coach has already had an impact with last years manager and assistants pulling their involvement and quitting the club.

NorWest or anyone else out that way care to fill us in?

From the football i have seen i cant imagine losing kav would be a huge loss for QBN. His work rate had dropped significantly therefore his output suffered. Having seen his best 1st hand i am of the opinion he probably had a few wasted years when he would have been more effective closer to goals but he couldnt manage to budge the ego of m.armstrong out of the goal square. Big ego's might be a trait with QBN full forwards

AFC2 are you sure your not a closet Magpie....you seem to only come on and comment after I have spoken about the club further North.

Cant really recall many posts from you about Ainslie TBH.

Usually there snipes about Qbn or FF's that played for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hi im trying to find out where ex afl players go after they are off afl list . so im looking to know if any ex afl listed or rookie players are playing in your competition? hopefully someone can help me
A few signings this year

Jarrod Atkinson (Essendon) - Queanbeyan
Ryan Brabazon (Sydney) - Eastlake
Ryan Houlihan (Carlton) - Sydney Eagles
Kade Klemke (Essendon rookie) - Queanbeyan player/coach
Matthew Lokan (Collingwood) - Belconnen player/coach
Ken McGregor (Adelaide) - Ainslie

and continuing from previous years
Rowan Andrews (Adelaide) - Ainslie
Aaron Bruce (Sydney rookie) - Eastlake
Chad Gibson (Adelaide) - Eastlake

Rob Shirley (Adelaide) and Ben Hughes (North) both left Ainslie this year though.

AFC2 are you sure your not a closet Magpie....you seem to only come on and comment after I have spoken about the club further North.

Cant really recall many posts from you about Ainslie TBH.

Usually there snipes about Qbn or FF's that played for them.

Thats funny becuase i was responding to the James Kavanagh reference you made whom played full forward for QBN last year after 4 good years at Ainslie. i am of the opinion that Kav should have played closer to goals, throughout his time at QBNas he gets wasted up the ground. i am pretty sure i am not alone in that thought and if anyone else wants to share that view then feel free. There is no reference to any other club but feel free to conclude whatever ascertions you like.

and i have explained when i may post and that is when i have access to a computer for my business dealings. basically the start and middle of the month, and if i see a comment worth posting about in these time frames ill post. i am pretty sure if you tried to think of who i am you can guess it.

Further from Grims post below we have also seen players like David Cloke, Matty Larkin, Michael Kennedy, Peter Banfield, Ross Smith, Jamie Shanahan, Brett Heaver and Dean Laidley play in Canberra and I am sure I have forgotten some.

A few signings this year

Jarrod Atkinson (Essendon) - Queanbeyan
Ryan Brabazon (Sydney) - Eastlake
Ryan Houlihan (Carlton) - Sydney Eagles
Kade Klemke (Essendon rookie) - Queanbeyan player/coach
Matthew Lokan (Collingwood) - Belconnen player/coach
Ken McGregor (Adelaide) - Ainslie

and continuing from previous years
Rowan Andrews (Adelaide) - Ainslie
Aaron Bruce (Sydney rookie) - Eastlake
Chad Gibson (Adelaide) - Eastlake

Rob Shirley (Adelaide) and Ben Hughes (North) both left Ainslie this year though.

Further from Grims post below we have also seen players like David Cloke, Matty Larkin, Michael Kennedy, Peter Banfield, Ross Smith, Jamie Shanahan, Brett Heaver and Dean Laidley play in Canberra and I am sure I have forgotten some.

How far back in history do we want to go? Phil Carman, Cowboy Neill, Shane Heard, Glen Gorman, Robert Wren. This year Tuggeranong have Dragasevic.

How far back in history do we want to go? Phil Carman, Cowboy Neill, Shane Heard, Glen Gorman, Robert Wren. This year Tuggeranong have Dragasevic.
Sid Jackson Carlton/qbn, Robert Anderson qbn/Fitzroy/qbn, Peter Williamson nth melb/qbn.:)Keith Greg nth melbourne manuka,

I spoke to a prominent Tiger figure yesterday and he said Kav will definitely be at Qbn this season.

Plays his 100th game for the club this year also and anyone who knows the way the night is held in such high regard understands it is an important milestone for any Tiger player.

Three off the top of my head ABH, two at Ainslie in Marcus Seecamp and from a long time ago, but a favourite to watch in ACT teams and even as an opposition supporter; Belconnen's Tom Allison, never seen that man knocked off his feet, wasn't too bad at breeding them either!! And Norm Neeson at Ainslie.

Did Mick Conlan's Dad play VFL?

SHEagles are busting their nuts at training, doing 12km run plus 1km time trials on Monday and similar for the past few weeks, they don't want to 'make up numbers' in the Eastern conference. Personally, I think they have their work well cut out for them, SUni as well, although I have heard nothing out of that camp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back