patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Heat, Wigan Athletic
Good luck. Stay calm and take the time to think about your answers to questions.

What field?

Just a secretary-type thing. Nothing special but it gets me where I need to be, which is in the public service and in Brisbane.

I've got so many notes written out it's not funny. But I guess it's better to be prepared than not lol.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Just a secretary-type thing. Nothing special but it gets me where I need to be, which is in the public service and in Brisbane.

Hope you are successful and join the ever growing ranks of public servants on the Brisbane board. ;)

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Assuming you are going for an AO position (whether than be AO1, AO2, AO3...) you may want to have a squiz at the Capability Framework.

The thing about public service interviews it that it is all done according to a strict process. Personality and charm counts for very little unfortunately.

Everything is transparent and measured against the specific capabilities listed in the job description. So when they ask you questions in the interview, they are assessing how your answer addresses the specific criteria outlined in the Capabilities framework for that particular capability.

This is nothing to stress over - it is just something to be mindful of to give you an advantage. Many people applying for government jobs aren't aware of it and think it is just like applying for a private sector job.

You'll still get these type of questions...

- "Tell us about how you have dealt with a troublesome client"
- "Tell us about a situation where you have managed conflict with colleagues"
- "Give us an example where you have demonstrated initiative in the workplace to solve/prevent a problem"

But whereas in the private sector you can be more general, in the public sector it is all about how you address the criteria.

So yeah, pull out the job description for your role and then match the key capabilities up with those in the capabilities framework and basically rehearse some answers that tick of the sub-criteria for those capabilities.

The important thing is to just relax though... don't stress about it too much. If you feel like the questions asked didn't give you a good chance to tick off the criteria or you realise half-way through "damn... why didn't I say that!" you will get a chance to cover it at the end when they say "do you have any questions or something to add?".

In short though... be prepared and just go in there relaxed. Any questions, feel free to PM me.

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Can't think why you would want to be in Brisbane!:p;)

Deep breaths kezz, clear your mind of Patfull for a moment, do as TBD says and you'll be laughing!!...good luck kiddo:)

That's it, I'm stuffed! lol

I think I'll do fine, I have a good feeling about it all.

TBD, my Mum is a public servant and has conducted interviews before. Between you and her I should be fine. Thanks!

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
So here I am at Lions training, I should be trying to relax (i.e. drooling) but all I can think about is this interview. Thanks for nothing Lions :p

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
:eek:...I'd be lost without Foxtel, love it......all the lifestyle shows, grand designs etc...then the crime channel, doco channels..

...and the Footy channels!....MacMum heaven!!:D

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
I love Austar - except when the parents insist it's still cricket season and insist on watching it. Uh, hello, footy's back!!!!!!!!!!!

In other news, I kicked a goal tonight. We still lost, but I thought my goal was very important. I love AFL 9's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
God this makes my blood boil.

Just another chapter in Brisbane's history of allowing its architectural heritage to be demolished by developers with dollar signs in their eyes...

The original Cloudland, Bellevue Hotel, Festival Hall, the Regent itself... god forbid this city retain some character.

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Some of historical stuff is why I want to move to Brisbane. I was quite upset when I found out they were messing about with South Brisbane Station.

Anyway, if anyone cares, according to one of my referees the APS came looking for references for the job I interviewed for. They were due last Thursday so now it's just a case of hurry up and wait I guess. I did leave a voicemail though with the POC, hopefully I don't come across as desperate...

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Some of historical stuff is why I want to move to Brisbane. I was quite upset when I found out they were messing about with South Brisbane Station.

South Brisbane Station is (thankfully) heritage listed. They've done a good job bringing it up to standard while maintaining its style.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
[YOUTUBE]Y4MnpzG5Sqc[/YOUTUBE]

Brilliant video that everybody must watch. Will hopefully lead to more action.

A sad indictment on the media that most haven't heard of Kony.

Chasing the Dream

I'm Matthew Campbell from Sportsbet
Brisbane Lions - Pearce Hanley Player Sponsor 2014 Brisbane Lions - Ryan Harwood 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Daniel Merrett 2008 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Simon Black 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 29, 2004
The GABBA is my home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Jets, Padres, USC, Utah Jazz
Old news maybe, but I can not believe that Bob Katter's campaign director is Luke Shaw.

The ghost of Joh :D

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It's amazing 20 years since it was released and not even in cricket season, the 12th man is still absolutely hilarious.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
It's amazing 20 years since it was released and not even in cricket season, the 12th man is still absolutely hilarious.

Definitely. Still slays me to this day.

Was listening to Wired World of Sports earlier in the week. The soccer bit still cracks me up.

"Hecantski, does well, Nowhecanski, Socansheski, Wecanallski, good run, has a shotski, GOALSKI! 2-0ski Australia!"

"Wide ball to the substitute Smith. I hope I've pronounced that correctly"

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Ray Warren "The lock is Stay-, Stay-, aw a bloody tongue twister, Stacy Jones.....NO I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SPELL IT"

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
So I didn't get the job I wanted...however the boss says if I get a manual licence he'll transfer me to Brisbane (our Brisbane team having a manual car and three techs who only have auto licences).

Here goes nothing...again.

Nov 4, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So I didn't get the job I wanted...however the boss says if I get a manual licence he'll transfer me to Brisbane (our Brisbane team having a manual car and three techs who only have auto licences).

Here goes nothing...again.

Manual driving isn't so hard, Kezz. You'll smash it. Not in that bad way, though.

Chasing the Dream

I'm Matthew Campbell from Sportsbet
Brisbane Lions - Pearce Hanley Player Sponsor 2014 Brisbane Lions - Ryan Harwood 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Daniel Merrett 2008 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Simon Black 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 29, 2004
The GABBA is my home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Jets, Padres, USC, Utah Jazz
Hey, looking for some help.

Just ordered a new car today and am going to get Lions plates on this car too.

Wanting something Lions related, I have the plates on my other car, and need to hear some opinions as I can't ask Mrs CtD as she will kill me if she finds out beforehand.

What do peoples think about ROY544?? Celebrating the last Fitzroy Premiership???

ppq.com.au says that one is available... it leads at the moment.

ROY596 was another I thought of for the last season of Fitzroy. My other plate celebrates the first year of the Brisbane Lions.

Help please

256sizl.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back