All Australian
Sep 19, 2009
Liverpool
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Besiktas J.K.
Things I'd do if I were AD for a day:

-No more rule changes, 'laws of the game' committee consigned to the scrap heap.
-Renovate Princes Park so Carlton home games and lower-drawing matches could be played there again.
-Make the fixture fair.
-Prelims and Semi Finals to return to Saturday arvo.
-Make umpires wear white and goal umpires wear white coats/hats again, whether they like it or not.
-Kick to kick after the final siren on every ground after every game again (obviously except for the GF).

Perfect - all realistc things that can be achieved and will improve the sport.

(I would also empty his bank account - I need the money more than he does).

Meow

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2008
Moggs Creek
AFL Club
Geelong
Perfect - all realistc things that can be achieved and will improve the sport.

(I would also empty his bank account - I need the money more than he does).

The red/green/yellow uniforms worn now are horrible and don't suit umpires at all, they look like Teletubbies in them. White uniform is more traditional, has far more visual appeal, and would thus be perfect (AFL claim they got rid of it because it clashed with certain club jumpers, I reckon it sure as hell didn't clash with any of them). Really miss kick-to-kick like it used to be (only have it nowadays at Kardinia Park, SCG, and the Gabba I think). Oh, and another thing I'd do if I were AD- remove GC & GWS, revive Fitzroy (not very realistic though), and add a team in Tasmania.
A previous poster suggested redeveloping Western Oval and using it for some Bulldogs home games, reckon this would be a top idea if it could be brought up to AFL standard. Oh how I miss suburban grounds. :(:heart:

Sep 19, 2007
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks, PSV Eindhoven
  1. Implement a 3 Conference system for the AFL (see below)
  2. Begin the process of building a 25-30k Seat stadium in Frankston or the upper Mornington Peninsula for the use of St Kilda (more people live in Frankston and the Mornington Peninsula than Greater Geelong)
  3. Set aside funding for an AFL reserve competition
  4. Set aside funding for and AFL Womens competition
  5. Bring back zones with clubs linked to local football leagues using a bidding system like the F/S
  6. Decree that teams may wear whatever jumper they like for home games and the away team must wear a jumper that does not clash if they can't work out a solution the wear a grey top & shorts & socks with team colour trim and the clubs logo on the front. Port will be able to wear the prison bars for home games.
  7. Move Collingwoods training and admin facilites back to Victora Park and hand over the Olymipc park facilities to Melbourne

3 Conference System

Hawthorn
St Kilda
Gold Coast

Carlton
Brisbane
North Melbourne

Collingwood
Western Sydney
Adelaide

Melbourne
Sydney
Port Adelaide

Essendon
Footscray
West Coast
Richmond
Geelong
Fremantle

Each Conference also has a sub grouping for fixturing.

Each year you Play your own Conference Home & Away and One of the Groups from Each of the Other Conference Home and One of the groups for each of the conferences away. The next year the teams you play home and away are reversed.

I.E. 1 year you would play your own Conference Home & Away and Conference 2a & 3a at Home and Conference 2b and 3b Away
Tge next year you would play your Own Conference Home & Away and Conference 2a & 3a at Away and Conference 2b and 3b Home

Top two teams from each conference qualify for finals automatically plus the 2 best records out of the rest. top teams for each conference qualify as the top 3 with 4th being the best record outside the top 3. Finals operate as now.

toeknee2

Senior List
Jan 23, 2008
northcote
AFL Club
Carlton
If I were AD for a day I would,

1. Trial NAB cup games with each team only having one forward pocket and one back pocket. Flooding and rolling zones would dissapear immediately. Back to one on one contests.

2. I would have the seats of one bay removed at the Dome and the MCG for the people who prefer to stand.

3. I would instruct the rules committiee to only pay a "push" in the back. No frees for falling forward during a tackle or using hands to defend space.

4. I would go home early and jump back into bed with the missus.

toeknee2

Senior List
Jan 23, 2008
northcote
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't like the look of that conference system Ice. My whole life I have attended Car/Coll, Car/Ess and Car/Rich twice a year. There is a chance what means most to me would be gone, fans would drop off like flies.

My suggestion for a bigger ladder would be this...

At the end of the year the ladder gets chopped into 3.

The top 6 teams play off for the flag (they are the only teams that can win it) and the games are played prime time.

The middle 6 play off for a million dollar NAB cup in the lesser time slots.

The bottom 6 have an early summer and go into a lottery for the first draft picks.

sr9767

Rookie
Feb 6, 2009
Hastings
AFL Club
St Kilda
If i was AD for a day, i would change the way that GF tickets are issued. I would make sure that the game is given back to the heart and soul of footy, us, the supporters. This would happen by cutting down the amount of corparate snobs who dont really give two s*&ts about the game. Only give the corp sect a maximum of 1000 tickets in TOTAL, 75000 tickets to the two competing clubs and the rest to the ordinary supporters who love to see footy. The way tickets should be divided up and not the Corp GF as it has become in recent years.

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
Things I'd do if I were AD for a day:

-No more rule changes, 'laws of the game' committee consigned to the scrap heap.
-Renovate Princes Park so Carlton home games and lower-drawing matches could be played there again.
-Make the fixture fair.
-Prelims and Semi Finals to return to Saturday arvo.
-Make umpires wear white and goal umpires wear white coats/hats again, whether they like it or not.
-Kick to kick after the final siren on every ground after every game again (obviously except for the GF).

awesome!

id take the finals back to a top 4 or more realistically a top 6. the finals would be a way bigger showcase.
using the 60's as an example(this would be impossible these days with interestate clubs) but there were only 4 finals, average crowd of over 95000.

Sep 19, 2007
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Anaheim Ducks, PSV Eindhoven
I don't like the look of that conference system Ice. My whole life I have attended Car/Coll, Car/Ess and Car/Rich twice a year. There is a chance what means most to me would be gone, fans would drop off like flies.

My suggestion for a bigger ladder would be this...

At the end of the year the ladder gets chopped into 3.

The top 6 teams play off for the flag (they are the only teams that can win it) and the games are played prime time.

The middle 6 play off for a million dollar NAB cup in the lesser time slots.

The bottom 6 have an early summer and go into a lottery for the first draft picks.

The conferences were designed in a number of ways, to maintain the local non-vic derbies, to normalise travel, to balance fairness with commercial decisiond, that is why each has a top-tier vic team, 2 mid to top-tier vic teams and a lower-tier vic team.

The VIc/NSW/SA conference would travel more often but they would also only have 1 trip to Perth and one to SE Queensland the rest short distance trips to Adelaide, Sydney and Melbourne

Every team would play a away game in every represented state and a home game against a team from each represented state.

For Vic teams you would only travel to Perth twice if you were in the WA/Vic conference but you would also get a real home ground advantage in the return trips, but you would also only travel to SE Qld once. the reverse fo the QLD/Vic conference.

Also the Ess/Col, Ess/Car, Coll/Car Home & Away matches would be massive events as the only other time the teams would meet during the year would be in finals.

Mar 5, 2005
Between the Big Sticks
AFL Club
West Coast
One of the things I'd do is return the Prelims to a Sat Arvo and Sat Evening fixture.

Obviously can't be done if there are 2 MCG Prelims, unless you consider playing a Prelim at Etihad.

What about the case when both Prelims contains a travelling side? Does the travelling side in the night game still get disadvantaged?

I'd prefer both Prelims on the Saturday like they used to do, but the last time it could have been possible would have been 2007, having Cats v Pies on Saturday night.

HappyChappy35

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2011
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australian Cricket Team
Obviously can't be done if there are 2 MCG Prelims, unless you consider playing a Prelim at Etihad.

What about the case when both Prelims contains a travelling side? Does the travelling side in the night game still get disadvantaged?

I'd prefer both Prelims on the Saturday like they used to do, but the last time it could have been possible would have been 2007, having Cats v Pies on Saturday night.

Could be done if there was a Friday night final and Saturday arvo final (if that's what you meant).
Like a few other posters seemingly do, I'd definitely prefer the 2nd PF on Saturday arvo instead of Saturday night (regardless of who is playing and where).

VivienLeigh

Draftee
Apr 13, 2012
united state
AFL Club
Adelaide
Easiest way to convert swf to mp4

All too often, we need to convert some SWF files in hand to MP4 videos for enjoy on iPod, PSP. Higosoft SWF Converter now can help you do everything: give you enough freedom to convert SWF to MP4 video with ease! And the SWF to MP4 converter will bring you the fast conversion from SWF video to MP4 file with excellent quality.

The bellowed tips will tell you how to step by step convert SWF to MP4, even if you know nothing about the SWF to MP4 conversion before.

1. Free download the powerful and simple-to-use Higosoft SWF Converter, install and launch.
2. Add any "SWF" video file from the "File" menu in batches.
3. Choose the proper "MP4" video format and output folder.
4. Click "Convert" button! After a few minutes waiting, the conversion from SWF to MP4 file is completed with excellent video quality.

Tips 1: Free SWF to MP4 converter will also support to transform SWF/Expensive to MP4, FLV, MPEG, Wmv file, MOV, MKV, 3GP, VOB, RMVB, etc. Besides, you're still avaiable to transform SWF/Expensive video to audio formats like MP3, AAC, M4A, etc or images with Digital, Presen, PNG formats and so forth.

Tips 2:You can download online SWF files and convert SWF to MP4 online directly with this online SWF to MP4 converter.

Tips 3: SWF to MP4 converter software provides various SWF video profiles which formats are sorted by device to help you to use easily, in addition, the effective SWF to MP4 converter software offers many advanced options for example bit rate, sample rate, zoom, etc. for many senior citizens.

Availability
User-friendly interface and fast conversion speed result in the whole Higosoft SWF to MP4 video conversion much simpler and faster. Why don't you possess a try, you'll find more details at: Convert SWF to MP4.

About Higosoft Studio
Higosoft studio is really a professional multimedia software provider. The items generally fall under three multimedia products, including Video Conversion Tools, DVD Ripping Tools, and Expensive Conversion Tools. Supply the best items and customer support is definitely our goal.

Contact Details
Email: support@higosoft.com

Web:how to convert swf to mp4

Related:
SWF Video Converter
convert swf to m4v
convert swf to mkv
convert swf to flv
convert swf to avi
convert swf to mpeg
convert swf to wmv
convert SWF to MOV

Apr 7, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Coney Island, GWS, The Exers!
Sack the rules committee,

Then stop the umps from blowing the whistle when playing advantage! Seriously every other game in the world simply says advantage and lets the guys play on

After that no more rule change's or interpretation's the games find the way it is.

pies1958

Team Captain
May 6, 2012
Kew, Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
sack the rules committee

re-education of all umpires to stop generational bias against collingwood

sack justin schmidt for suspected match fixing (refer all collingwood games)

allow public criticism of all aspects of the AFL and Umpiring department by clubs and players

Back