Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Just read that Sagna is warning Hazard not to join Spurs:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7545733/Sagna-warns-Hazard-against-Spurs

How pathetic is this? Going out into the media, trying to pressure a player into joining your team. I know it's in fear of becoming a worse team than Totte-... wait, we're already a vastly superior team. Providing Hazard has a good healthy brain, he'll know that we're by far the better choice, and know that Sagna is just a delusional moron.

As proof, here's a hybrid team of Spurs and Arsenal:

Friedel
Walker - Kaboul - King - Benny
Lennon - Modric - Parker - Bale
Van der Vaart
Van Persie

Yeah yeah, I know some gooners will cry about this simply being an opinion and not a fact, but can anyone give me a serious argument as to how this team is wrong? Van Persie won't even be there anymore next season, as he'll be playing for either Barcelona or Real Madrid. Way to show your ambition, Arsene :thumbsu:

Wilshere? Vermaelen? Szczesny? Sagna? Song?

All would be worth a look to be in that team.

Don't really see a problem with BS's comments either. It's an opinion.

Hazard and his agent are just using Spurs and Arsenal to drive up the prices his real destination will be big clubs challenging for titles

If it was between the two players usually go for the bigger club rather than the form club because once form goes away you're left with nothing.

• Banned
Wilshere? Vermaelen? Szczesny? Sagna? Song?

All would be worth a look to be in that team.

Don't really see a problem with BS's comments either. It's an opinion.

LOL.

Spitter Wilshere isn't fit to tie Modric's shoes, and he sure as hell isn't playing ahead of the DM, Parker.

Vermaelen is a similar type of defender to King, and an inferior defender as well. Kaboul is needed for his physical presence.

Snezny over Friedel? Buahahahaha!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Sagna may be in the team if he didn't get injured, but he did get injured, and in the period he hasn't been playing, Walker's proven he's one of, if not the best defensive fullback in the EPL.

Song is inferior to Parker.

• Banned
Hazard and his agent are just using Spurs and Arsenal to drive up the prices his real destination will be big clubs challenging for titles

If it was between the two players usually go for the bigger club rather than the form club because once form goes away you're left with nothing.

and this is based on?...............Oh, nothing, sorry about that. Didn't quite occur to me that you're dumb. Modric chose us over Barcelona, don't see why Hazard can't do the same.

and form? lol, cool troll bro.

LOL.

Spitter Wilshere isn't fit to tie Modric's shoes, and he sure as hell isn't playing ahead of the DM, Parker.

Vermaelen is a similar type of defender to King, and an inferior defender as well. Kaboul is needed for his physical presence.

Snezny over Friedel? Buahahahaha!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Sagna may be in the team if he didn't get injured, but he did get injured, and in the period he hasn't been playing, Walker's proven he's one of, if not the best defensive fullback in the EPL.

Song is inferior to Parker.

It's become obvious that you've got NFI. Walker the best defensive full back in the league :D Good player no doubt, but the best defensive FB in the EPL :eek::D Tom Vermaelen couldn't provide a physical presence? SZCZ couldn't push Friedel for the keeper spot? How much Arsenal football are you watching, man? **** me sideways. :eek:

• Banned
It's become obvious that you've got NFI. Walker the best defensive full back in the league :D Good player no doubt, but the best defensive FB in the EPL :eek::D Tom Vermaelen couldn't provide a physical presence? SZCZ couldn't push Friedel for the keeper spot? How much Arsenal football are you watching, man? **** me sideways. :eek:

One of the best, you nitwit.

Thomas Vermaelen has nothing over Kaboul in terms of physicality.

and oh dear, you seem adamant Snezny is better than Friedel, which is the funniest of the lot. This isn't even up for discussion, Friedel's so much better at the moment it's scary. He may be 40, but he's been the most consistent goalkeeper in the EPL.

One of the best, you nitwit.

Thomas Vermaelen has nothing over Kaboul in terms of physicality.

and oh dear, you seem adamant Snezny is better than Friedel, which is the funniest of the lot. This isn't even up for discussion, Friedel's so much better at the moment it's scary. He may be 40, but he's been the most consistent goalkeeper in the EPL.

"One of, if not the best", you nit wit. Don't back away from what you wrote.

Vermaelen is a very physical player that is good in the air. He would clearly be one of the CB's in an Arsenal/Spurs side.

Never said WS was better. I'm a big Friedel fan. Have been since his early Blackburn days. If you think Szczesny wouldn't push him for the keepers spot then you're not watching enough of Arsenal. This kid will be in the top 5 keepers in the world in a few seasons. Not sure how you couldn't realise this. Not sure why you're talking about some of Arsenal's players like they're shithouse. Not sure why you actually give a s**t about Sagna's opinion.

and this is based on?...............Oh, nothing, sorry about that. Didn't quite occur to me that you're dumb. Modric chose us over Barcelona, don't see why Hazard can't do the same.

and form? lol, cool troll bro.

Modric? Oh yeah the guy who begged to join a London rival just last summer.

You kinda proved my point. Players of top quality want to move to bigger teams to challenge for titles. Thanks for proving my point, come again.

As for form, yes... Form is temporary. Where is Spurs without Redknapp? They're a mid table club with no history or money.

"One of, if not the best", you nit wit. Don't back away from what you wrote.

Vermaelen is a very physical player that is good in the air. He would clearly be one of the CB's in an Arsenal/Spurs side.

Never said WS was better. I'm a big Friedel fan. Have been since his early Blackburn days. If you think Szczesny wouldn't push him for the keepers spot then you're not watching enough of Arsenal. This kid will be in the top 5 keepers in the world in a few seasons. Not sure how you couldn't realise this. Not sure why you're talking about some of Arsenal's players like they're shithouse. Not sure why you actually give a s**t about Sagna's opinion.

Do you even know how stupid that first paragraph is? I'm not saying he's the best, I'm implying he could be.

As I said before, he's physically inferior to Kaboul. The latter is stronger, quicker and better in the air. The only reason why Vermaelen is a better player is his intelligence on the pitch, but that's where King comes into the equation (who's the best CB between the two sides by quite some distance)

If you never said he was better then what on earth were you trying to imply? It's either him or Friedel, make up your mind you indecisive dimwit.

and have to laugh at thinking Snezny will be a top 5 keeper in the world. Sorry, but that's garbage. He's getting a game at Arsenal because there's no competition for his place and all of a sudden, all Arsenal fans think he's the best keeper EVAR just because he's a class above guys like Almunia etc. Snezny will never be up there with the likes of Casillas, Neuer etc.

Oh, and in-case you're upset and confused as to why this thread exists, check the sub-forum you're posting in.

Modric? Oh yeah the guy who begged to join a London rival just last summer.

You kinda proved my point. Players of top quality want to move to bigger teams to challenge for titles. Thanks for proving my point, come again.

As for form, yes... Form is temporary. Where is Spurs without Redknapp? They're a mid table club with no history or money.

and the same guy we refused to sell, and later admitted that he regretted trying to force a move.

The rest is garbage. You're a pretty poor troll I'm afraid.

Fact is the very player you yourself brought up to prove your point of what a great club Tottenham is, is the very same player who wanted to join a same city rival only last summer.

As for the rest being garbage... Everyone thinks Harry is working wonders and is some sort of amazing magician by getting Spurs into the top 4, he's not even won a league title or done anything other than get a mid table team into a top 4 position for one season.

What a load of garbage. NFI, dude. Clearly you don't watch any Arsenal football. Clearly you know nothing about goal keepers. Clearly you're an arse clown if you believe TV is a better player even if he's apparently slower, less physical and not as good in the air.

Szczesny is getting a game because he's a good keeper. Any club in the world would take him over Brad Friedel. Not because Friedel isn't any good (he is a good keeper) but because WS is already a good keeper at age 21. Anyone who knows anything about keepers knows that he's 10 years away from his prime. That makes his current form pretty special. Fabianski was in superb form last season until he got injured. WS, at the age of 21, is going well if he's his clubs #1 and his nations #1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fact is the very player you yourself brought up to prove your point of what a great club Tottenham is, is the very same player who wanted to join a same city rival only last summer.

As for the rest being garbage... Everyone thinks Harry is working wonders and is some sort of amazing magician by getting Spurs into the top 4, he's not even won a league title or done anything other than get a mid table team into a top 4 position for one season.

Cristiano Ronaldo wanted to go to Real Madrid and ended up going there, does that make Manchester United a small club?

The rest is, once again, pure garbage, and doesn't warrant a response. Try again next time.

What a load of garbage. NFI, dude. Clearly you don't watch any Arsenal football. Clearly you know nothing about goal keepers. Clearly you're an arse clown if you believe TV is a better player even if he's apparently slower, less physical and not as good in the air.

Szczesny is getting a game because he's a good keeper. Any club in the world would take him over Brad Friedel. Not because Friedel isn't any good (he is a good keeper) but because WS is already a good keeper at age 21. Anyone who knows anything about keepers knows that he's 10 years away from his prime. That makes his current form pretty special. Fabianski was in superb form last season until he got injured. WS, at the age of 21, is going well if he's his clubs #1 and his nations #1.

I could say the exact same thing about your knowledge of us, but I don't need to, there's a flaw in everything you say.

Ledley King is slower, weaker, and not as good in the air as Kaboul, and guess who the better player is?

So just because Snezny is Arsenal's #1 keeper at his age (lol, not saying much) means that he'll become one of the best in the world in the future? Do you clowns ever learn? Weren't people saying the same thing about Theo Walcott when he was dominating for Southampton and getting selected for England as an 18 year old? and what about Andy Carroll?

Stay delusional :thumbsu:

"I could say the exact same thing about your knowledge of us, but I don't need to, there's a flaw in everything you say."

I haven't had a crack at your players like you've done to Shez. I haven't said anything about Tottenham apart from my (yes my) opinion that a few more Arsenal players would be in a Gunners/Spurs 11

Gervinho is better than Lennon.

I have to say though, the hate in your veins is hilarious. Don't burst a blood vessel mate.

No, he isn't.

and once again, go check what forum you're posting in. This is the Terrace you clown, what do you think it's for?

"I could say the exact same thing about your knowledge of us, but I don't need to, there's a flaw in everything you say."

I haven't had a crack at your players like you've done to Shez. I haven't said anything about Tottenham apart from my (yes my) opinion that a few more Arsenal players would be in a Gunners/Spurs 11

You were just arguing he should be in the hybrid team until you suddenly pulled out. Either way, you can only really argue Sagna and Vermaelen deserve spots, otherwise the fact remains that we're a far stronger team, and you just have to suck it up.

and you still haven't replied to my argument. Walcott and Carroll displayed a high level in their youth and look at them now. Whether you like it or not, there's no telling where Snezny will end up in 10 years time, and either way, it's completely irrelevant. Since when did I start giving a s**t about Snezny? He's not better than Friedel and that's final, that's all that matters here.

Is it true Spurs were bottom of the table when Redknapp took over, so they weren't even mid table like I thought?

Read this opinion piece on this years form and they have it as a 9/2 split

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/stand...his-year-as-harry-redknapps-men-rule-roost.do

Read this opinion piece on this years form and they have it as a 9/2 split

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/stand...his-year-as-harry-redknapps-men-rule-roost.do

Article ruined when he said Parker would have to make for Wilshere if fit. Since when does Wilshere pass as a DM? Just because he does a bit more defensive work than the typical playmaker doesn't necessarily classify him as a genuine DM. He should only be competing for Luka's spot, meaning he doesn't get in the team.

No, he isn't.

and once again, go check what forum you're posting in. This is the Terrace you clown, what do you think it's for?

You were just arguing he should be in the hybrid team until you suddenly pulled out. Either way, you can only really argue Sagna and Vermaelen deserve spots, otherwise the fact remains that we're a far stronger team, and you just have to suck it up.

and you still haven't replied to my argument. Walcott and Carroll displayed a high level in their youth and look at them now. Whether you like it or not, there's no telling where Snezny will end up in 10 years time, and either way, it's completely irrelevant. Since when did I start giving a s**t about Snezny? He's not better than Friedel and that's final, that's all that matters here.

Who gives a s**t about Walcott and Andy Carroll? Bridges was a good talent and WTF is he doing now? There are plenty of examples you could use but these guys aren't a young keeper who already has experience at international level. Poland have produced some good keepers: Boruc, Dudek and now Shez. We're talking about a 21 year old goal keeper who was been sensational in the last year. He was brilliant at Brentford on loan a few years ago as a teen. He's already better than Walcott ever has been. The kid can play and any club would take him over Friedel.

Interestingly that article takes Vermaelen over your man L.King. Maybe that's due to King often being injured but that didn't stop you leaving Sagna out of your 11.

GB in all seriousness if you can't see the potential in Shez, you are much more biased than I thought you to be.

Szczesny potential doesn't mean much when we are rating who is better now.
And their is no doubt that Friedal has had a better season.

And after the howler Szczesny gave up in the first North London derby this season, I'm very surprised why Arsenal fans would even bother debating the merits of his selection, it isnt really close.

I personally don't get all this crap about us being in a crisis. Only man united have had more injuries then us and those injuries bar vidic haven't happened to their key players.

Going into next season we will have Wilshere back who is better then both hazard and gotze. Ox a year older and better, ryo back from bolton where his been their best player in all his games so far. Campbell back from lorient where he has been an impact player of the bench. With afobe and ozyakup pushing for the first team. Then we will have frimpong who did very well at wolves before his injury coming back though he will take a while to recover, coquelin who is very underrated will also be pushing arteta out of the team.

Van persie won't be departing so the only ones departing will be the dead wood.

Podolski has been heavily linked to us as has matias suarez both will cost 10 mil which sounds like a wenger type transfer therefore i do believe we have a good chance of getting them. Then theres hazard who's a possibility considering he has both gervinho and vermalean already at arsenal, who he is mates with and he has been linked with us for the last 3 years.

So no we are not scared and should be competing for the title come next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back