Remove this Banner Ad

tassie_footy

Rookie
Oct 24, 2009
Launceston
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Tips..

This is a great way to test yourself, the beauty of this site you can look back on a post from a long time ago. Please post you tips for Tassie Medal and Premiership, also the top 5 teams at the end of home and away season

Here are my tips.

Launceston
North Hobart
Clarence
Lauderdale
Burnie

Glenorchy
Devonport
North Launceston
Hobart
South Launceston

Baby face Banham to win the medal from trent Mccrossen

I actually the expect the competition to ber much more equal this season with south and devonport picking up many players. They could easily knock off a top 5 side on their day..

What is your top 5

Tips..

This is a great way to test yourself, the beauty of this site you can look back on a post from a long time ago. Please post you tips for Tassie Medal and Premiership, also the top 5 teams at the end of home and away season

Here are my tips.

Launceston
North Hobart
Clarence
Lauderdale
Burnie

Glenorchy
Devonport
North Launceston
Hobart
South Launceston

I actually the expect the competition to ber much more equal this season with south and devonport picking up many players. They could easily knock off a top 5 side on their day..

What is your top 5

As a matter of interest, why would Burnie fall away so much??
Given the uneven roster, I cant see how Burnie could 5th & at the same time 3 of the bottom 4 could also be northern clubs. Someone other than Launceston surely would win enough games to get nearer the top. Like wise if Glenorchy are 6th & Hobart 9th, I cant see the other southern clubs being 2nd 3rd & 4th. I dont see how that could work out. Am I wrong??

Tips..

Here are my tips.

Launceston
North Hobart
Clarence
Lauderdale
Burnie

Glenorchy
Devonport
North Launceston
Hobart
South Launceston

What is your top 5
As a matter of interest, why would Burnie fall away so much??
Given the uneven roster, I cant see how Burnie could 5th & at the same time 3 of the bottom 4 could also be northern clubs. Someone other than Launceston surely would win enough games to get nearer the top. Like wise if Glenorchy are 6th & Hobart 9th, I cant see the other southern clubs being 2nd 3rd & 4th. I dont see how that could work out. Am I wrong??
I agree with Madmug, it seems unlikely that the ladder could look like tassie footy has predicted but we are all entitled to our own opinion.
Burnie will be much stronger than last season with only minimal losses and they have recruited very well so I think they will be heading upwards on the ladder not downwards. It is a bit hard for me to assess the chances of the Southern clubs without knowing the gains/losses and although I hope Devonport and South Launceston do improve I think those two clubs and Hobart will probably be the bottom three but you never know.
My final ladder would be

Launceston
Burnie
Lauderdale
Clarence
North Hobart

Glenorchy
North Launceston
South Launceston
Hobart
Devonport

Lauderdale 3rd???? Have they recruited anyone other than Garth and Cassidy? I heard they'd got a young bloke from up north and Damon Smith has Uni down this way, so could be an option.
Still couldn't see them getting 3rd over Clarence. I reckon they'll go close to playing finals. Cassidy is quality pick up

Tips..

Here are my tips.

Launceston
North Hobart
Clarence
Lauderdale
Burnie

Glenorchy
Devonport
North Launceston
Hobart
South Launceston

What is your top 5

My ladder!
Launceston
Glenorchy
Burnie
North Hobart
Clarence

North Launceston
Lauderdale
Devonport
South Launceston
Hobart

Launceston vs Burnie for the Second year with Burnie taking it out this time!

Jason Laycock and Zane Murphy (who we all hope doesnt get rubbed out) to fight out the Tassie Medal....

Launceston will be a mile in front on the top of the ladder with the next 5 or 6 spots pretty tight.

South launceston and Hobart to fight out the Spoon, Who ever gets the home game might just sneak into 9th.

All you hater, This is just what i think. You dont all have to agree!!!!

My ladder!
Launceston Agreed. to Strong Back to Back for me. will finish 1st
Glenorchy - If they were to finish here, they must be big improvers from last year. finish 4 - 6
Burnie - Wont be far off the mark. Should go deep in to the finals. Laycock to win his second Best and Fairest and should finish well in the Tassie.
North Hobart - After last years mixed season and with a respected coach the D's should play finals football but wont be in front of the roos. finish 5th - 7th
Clarence - The roos will finish 4th or 5th. Wont go far in the finals. finsh 4th - 5th

North Launceston - I think will finsh 6th as well. Alwasy there abouts. Will cope some floggings from Burnie and Launceston. 6th
Lauderdale - good up and comming team. I feel will play finals. 5th
Devonport
South Launceston
Hobart

1. Launceston
2. Burnie
3. Clarence
4. Lauderdale
5. North Hobart

6. North Launceston
7. Glenorchy
8. Devonport
9. South Launceston
10. Hobart

1.Burnie
2.launceston
3. Clarence
4. Lauderdale
5. North Hobart

6. North Launceston
7. Glenorchy
8. South Launceston
9.devonport
10. Hobart

Burnie to finish top i reckon, home ground advantage, 9 gf u18 players will improve, laycock,banham,lee fitter in 2012 + ponsonby,mccrossen and other recruits fitting in well + headquarters at afl tas want them to win so will help where possible .

South also with all the $$$ from wadey have to go better than devonport, devonport have lost players to qld due to u employment and havnt recruited, bar heazlewood ( who is a good one).

Heard launceston have lost quite a few players that had committed post season.

Devissor back to melbourne
C savage bridgenorth
Edwards bridgenorth
Boyce. Overseas

Derbyshire and a finch are training but havnt played for 18 months so may be injury prone, be interesting to see if blues drop back while others are improving which may be good for the comp

1. Launceston
2. North Hobart
3. Burnie
4. Clarence
5. Lauderdale

6. North Launceston
7. Glenorchy
8. South Launceston
9. Devonport
10. Hobart

Launie back to back, too strong. North Hobart to be the big improvers this season with the amount of young guns they have recruited. Glenorchy have lost a lot of experienced players and haven't gained any boom recruits to replace them. Will struggle this season. Should see south and dev a bit more competitive this season and Hobart to struggle to get a win on the board.
Tassie medal: Z Murphy

1. Launceston
2. North Hobart
3. Burnie
4. Clarence
5. Lauderdale

6. North Launceston
7. Glenorchy
8. South Launceston
9. Devonport
10. Hobart

Launie back to back, too strong. North Hobart to be the big improvers this season with the amount of young guns they have recruited. Glenorchy have lost a lot of experienced players and haven't gained any boom recruits to replace them. Will struggle this season. Should see south and dev a bit more competitive this season and Hobart to struggle to get a win on the board.
Tassie medal: Z Murphy

Its a bit hard to see the above as a likely ladder. I might rate the teams in a similar order but we play a lopsided draw. I still cant see the top two not being last years GF teams Launy & Burnie. The next 3 teams will probably be from the south. North Hobart, Clarence, Lauderdale & Glenorchy may be closer than we think. I'm also not so sure Hobart will end up on the bottom either. I reckon the southern 1/2 of the comp will be a lot more even than the northern 5 teams. Thats only from what little I've heard & seen, which ain't much really:D
It would be nice if we had a bit more in the media & out of AFLTas about the clubs & the up coming season. Or will we have more of the same non marketing of the league? I wonder if they really care about footy & the supporters at all?:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Burnie
2. Launceston
3. Clarence
4. Nth Hobart
5. Lauderdale

6. Nth Launceston
7. Glenorchy
8. South Launceston
9. Devonport
10. Hobart

Tassie Medal: Cameron Thurley
Goal Kicking: Derbyshire
Final: Launceston beating Burnie

1 Launceston
2 Burnie
3 North Hobart
4 Clarence
5 Lauderdale

6 Glenorchy
7 North Launceston
8 Devonport
9 South Launceston
10 Hobart

Launnie and Burnie will be the teams to beat again. Also the bottom of the table will remain pretty much the same. Devonport should be stronger this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back