Horsham
Dimboola
Ararat
Horsham Saints
Nhill
MinyipMurtoa
Stawell
United....

I wouldnt be suprised if Nhill finish in the bottom couple this year. Already have lost Wade Thompson, Andrew Watson, Riely Dicknson with talk about Beer heading to Jeparit too, and Hargraves not coming back.

Horsham
Warracknabeal
Horsham Saints
Minyip Murtoa
Dimboola

Stawell
Ararat
Nhill
United

Ploughman

Rookie
Mar 31, 2010
Wimmera
AFL Club
Adelaide
I wouldnt be suprised if Nhill finish in the bottom couple this year. Already have lost Wade Thompson, Andrew Watson, Riely Dicknson with talk about Beer heading to Jeparit too, and Hargraves not coming back.

Horsham
Warracknabeal
Horsham Saints
Minyip Murtoa
Dimboola

Stawell
Ararat
Nhill
United

-----------

Ararat-INS- Dowie (Colac)
OUTS-Trent Fiscilani

Dimboola-INS- McFarlane, Sibson(St Arnaud), Daniel Greig, Tom Magee
OUTS-Al Ward(Pimp), Bell (melb), Prizibilla, Shaun Smith

Demons-INS- Adlington(Glenelg), Shaun Gilbert(Gunbower/St Marys), Nathan Kelly(Nth Ballarat).
OUTS- Spasic(Beulah), Josh Pekin(leaving area), David Johns (retired), Bachelor (Retired), Barnett (Season Inj)

Eagles-INS- Jayden Stacey(N/Q), Jarred Martin(Pimp), Marra, Ross
OUTS- T Walsh,

Stawell-INS-Nick Thomas (swifts), Adam Taylor, Mike Stevens
OUTS- Tuckey(Melb), Julian Carr, Issac Rathgeber, Trevor and Dan Matthews, Dale Power, Ben Williamson, Dale Hurley.

Nhill -INS- Friend (United)
OUTS- Thompson, Watson, Dickinson

Min/Mur-INS- T Ballinger (Pimp), S Graetz (Lucindale), T Cooper (N/Q), Angus Trethowan (Albury), J Matthews (Laharum), Milgate
OUTS- D Smith (Shep)

United-INS-
OUTS- Argall(Laharum), K Chappel (Glenelg), T Friend (Nhill)

Saints-INS- Garry Hallam (Beulah), Rowe (Yarra Valley)
OUTS- Clough (Melb)

FootyGuru11

Draftee
Dec 18, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
I hear nick Thomos (swifts) is at Stawell now for large cash $1000 a game. Can any one confirm this? If so hope they get there moneys worth and he plays better than last year!!

hey guys, hope you dont mind the intrude. Just wanted to say its really sad what I am reading about Ararat on here. I played in U18's Premiership roughly 14 years ago and backed up playing ressies to help out a few times and as a 16-18 year old I wanted nothing more than to play senior footy for the club. That said, they only played one of us in the seniors that year, Spit Graham at FF and in reality half of that team could have played seniors. We went undefeated and had some gun kids playing.

Regardless of then, I am really suprised to hear that kids are leaving to play for rivals. Would not have happened back then.

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
hey guys, hope you dont mind the intrude. Just wanted to say its really sad what I am reading about Ararat on here. I played in U18's Premiership roughly 14 years ago and backed up playing ressies to help out a few times and as a 16-18 year old I wanted nothing more than to play senior footy for the club. That said, they only played one of us in the seniors that year, Spit Graham at FF and in reality half of that team could have played seniors. We went undefeated and had some gun kids playing.

Regardless of then, I am really suprised to hear that kids are leaving to play for rivals. Would not have happened back then.

Nowadays the bigger issues are the district league clubs coming in and having a crack at all the half decent kids coming through. I was never any good at footy, but I know I could have done with an extra 300 a week during my uni years, and that's the reality of it!

Nowadays the bigger issues are the district league clubs coming in and having a crack at all the half decent kids coming through. I was never any good at footy, but I know I could have done with an extra 300 a week during my uni years, and that's the reality of it!

Yeah I hear what you are saying, but back then my mates were really close and just wanted to play in the same team with blokes we had grown up watching.

I have been paid in most years of my life playing footy, but I was playing at those clubs regardless and never been a money chaser. I prefer to play with mates over money but that's me.

Footy blitz

Rookie
Nov 22, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Money isn't always the reason, Ararat have been using that excuse for years. If they just made there players loyal and enjoy there time at the club they wouldn't be in this position now

Willy Wonker

Debutant
Sep 7, 2010
Around
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Money isn't always the reason, Ararat have been using that excuse for years. If they just made there players loyal and enjoy there time at the club they wouldn't be in this position now
Agree with your comments re loyalty and enjoyment being keys to long term success. IMO tho a club can't make players loyal its earned.

Agree with your comments re loyalty and enjoyment being keys to long term success. IMO tho a club can't make players loyal its earned.

Never truer words spoken.

Keeping you kids a club like Ararat, unless moving away, should be one of the easier aspects of running a club IMO. I have been playing/coach for 2 years, last year a flag, and have not lost a single player in that time to poaching. Creating an environment where blokes want to be is not that hard if you have the right people running the club, especially with kids. Our kids aspire to play with us senior guys and we make damn sure that we prove we want to play with them.

Footy blitz

Rookie
Nov 22, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I agree strongly if you have the right people running the club, and do the right things with your current players and juniors coming through the ranks you shouldn't have a problem with them leaving for so called CASH!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Purrfect Pussies

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Updated Ploughmans list >

Ararat-

INS- Dowie (Colac)

OUTS-Trent Fiscilani, Broadbent, Fitzpatrick

Dimboola-

INS- McFarlane, Sibson (St Arnaud), Daniel Greig, Tom Magee, Mat Magee, Byrne

OUTS - Al Ward (Pimp), Bell (melb), Prizibilla, Shaun Smith

Demons-

INS- Adlington (Glenelg), Shaun Gilbert (Gunbower/St Marys), Nathan Kelly (Nth Ballarat), J Geue, Mat Arnel

OUTS- Spasic (Beulah), Josh Pekin (leaving area), David Johns (retired), Bachelor (Retired), Barnett (Season Inj)

Eagles-

INS- Jayden Stacey (N/Q), Jarred Martin (Pimp), Marra, Ross, McAlister

OUTS- T Walsh, Hobbs, Derek

Stawell-

INS-Nick Thomas (swifts), Adam Taylor, Mike Stevens

OUTS- Tuckey (Melb), Julian Carr, Issac Rathgeber, Trevor and Dan Matthews, Dale Power, Ben Williamson, Dale Hurley, Nuske, Price

Nhill -

INS- Friend (United)

OUTS- Thompson, Watson, R Dickinson, J Alexander, A Beer, T Driscoll, M Dufty, N Merrett, James, D Rowe, Smith, M Riordan

Min/Mur-

INS- T Ballinger (Pimp), S Graetz (Lucindale), T Cooper (N/Q), Angus Trethowan (Albury), J Matthews (Laharum), Milgate, Crabtree, Fox, Gusman, Kuchel

OUTS- D Smith (Shep), Rabl

United-

INS- Broadbear

OUTS- Argall (Laharum), K Chappel (Glenelg), T Friend (Nhill)

Saints-

INS- Garry Hallam (Beulah), Rowe (Yarra Valley)

OUTS- Clough (Melb), Pumphery (NT), Wills (CHFL)

what a load

Draftee
Mar 4, 2012
wimmera
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
chicago bulls
can anyone help me out with what ive been hearing about horsham poaching under 14 players from other wimmera league clubs. saying that they will have more chance of being successfull and treated much better. If this is true no wonder the small clubs have trouble keeping players around.

what a load

Draftee
Mar 4, 2012
wimmera
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
chicago bulls
can anyone help me out with what ive been hearing about horsham poaching under 14 players from other wimmera league clubs. saying that they will have more chance of being successfull and treated much better. If this is true no wonder the small clubs have trouble keeping players around.
Ive also heard that dim is getting a few senior players back from long term injuries - Josh Cook, Alex Hill and Elliott Braithwaite who havent played much footy over the last few seasons.
Is it right that Shannan Baker and Alex Ellifson have been training aswell?

Slenko

Senior List
Sep 9, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon

I can confirm that the Saints away from Broadbents comments about players being poached by money have made sizable offers to both Pekin & Gilbert from Demons to no avail.

Swansfan247

Draftee
Dec 16, 2011
AFL Club
Sydney

I can confirm i have heard this as well. The players themselves have actually told me so. Said that they have been told that they will have a good opportunity at Horsham etc etc if they leave their home club. It isnt just young players in the U/14s age bracket, one of the boys i have spoken to is of U/17s age and has been told that he is wanted by the dees to play overage 14s.

Sure they will probably have more success at horsham, but if they are taking numbers away from sides that are struggling to get a team it wont help the competition, especially if sides have to fold.

captain dela

Senior List
Oct 6, 2008
Murtoa
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Joe Milgate will be one of the most exciting new recruits at the club. Getting really good numbers at trainings and scotty gratez - moving fantastic! Exciting times at the burra nest!

deccan18

Debutant
Apr 21, 2010
ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
I can confirm i have heard this as well. The players themselves have actually told me so. Said that they have been told that they will have a good opportunity at Horsham etc etc if they leave their home club. It isnt just young players in the U/14s age bracket, one of the boys i have spoken to is of U/17s age and has been told that he is wanted by the dees to play overage 14s.

Sure they will probably have more success at horsham, but if they are taking numbers away from sides that are struggling to get a team it wont help the competition, especially if sides have to fold.

Hey SLENKO, what have you got to say about this? have you heard anything? Terrible terrible news if it's true, i have heard a substantial number from saints juniors as well as numbers from Dimboola. To poach juniors at an u14 level is bad sportsmanship and if what we're hearing is true, the Horsham committee needs to step in and put a stop to it. This will make people's blood boil

RooBoy2012

Rookie
Jan 24, 2012
Horsham
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ive also heard that dim is getting a few senior players back from long term injuries - Josh Cook, Alex Hill and Elliott Braithwaite who havent played much footy over the last few seasons.
Is it right that Shannan Baker and Alex Ellifson have been training aswell?

Alex hill is on the training track. looking good to play. Josh cook is also on training track. along with Braithwaite who will come into the side hopefully mid year. shannan baker is also training. Looking unreal down at the Dimbooal club.

Also i had herd Horsham demons have 30 numbers for u17's and 27 for u14.

why on earth would they recruit? my time in juniors was to play with my mates.Not to chase premierships

Slenko

Senior List
Sep 9, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Hey SLENKO, what have you got to say about this? have you heard anything? Terrible terrible news if it's true, i have heard a substantial number from saints juniors as well as numbers from Dimboola. To poach juniors at an u14 level is bad sportsmanship and if what we're hearing is true, the Horsham committee needs to step in and put a stop to it. This will make people's blood boil

Without names it is hard to confirm anything. No one has suggested that money is involved either, so if it is simply an invitation to come and train I am not sure that is any different what footy clubs have been doing for a century.

If money is involved, which I doubt, I would be disgusted as would most if not all on this forum.

deccan18

Debutant
Apr 21, 2010
ballarat
AFL Club
Carlton
Without names it is hard to confirm anything. No one has suggested that money is involved either, so if it is simply an invitation to come and train I am not sure that is any different what footy clubs have been doing for a century.

If money is involved, which I doubt, I would be disgusted as would most if not all on this forum.

I don't think money is involved, i certainly haven't heard that. As far as trying to defend Horsham actively asking U14 players from other clubs to come and train that is plainly and simply wrong so don't try and defend that. Dimboola struggle to field an u14 side at the best of times without having to deal with other clubs circling. And no Slenko this hasn't been going on for centuries. maybe you're mixing senior football with junior football? Your club needs to check its ego so that it does not rise above grass roots football which has given it 9 premierships on the trott. Do Horsham want to win that badly that they are willing to do so by folding other sides? It's a bloody joke mate and i hope someone steps in because it's setting a shocking example to kids.

Swansfan247

Draftee
Dec 16, 2011
AFL Club
Sydney
I don't think money is involved, i certainly haven't heard that. As far as trying to defend Horsham actively asking U14 players from other clubs to come and train that is plainly and simply wrong so don't try and defend that. Dimboola struggle to field an u14 side at the best of times without having to deal with other clubs circling. And no Slenko this hasn't been going on for centuries. maybe you're mixing senior football with junior football? Your club needs to check its ego so that it does not rise above grass roots football which has given it 9 premierships on the trott. Do Horsham want to win that badly that they are willing to do so by folding other sides? It's a bloody joke mate and i hope someone steps in because it's setting a shocking example to kids.

Could not agree more with the last statement there. Dim, united, minyip and even warrack have to take numbers from their lower grades to make up full sides in nearly all junior grades. Some players end up playing nearly two full seasons worth of games per year, which some may think is good for their development but it runs the risk of injuring them and burning them out. But is that the lesser of two evils when the other option is for the team to forfeit or even fold?

Slenko

Senior List
Sep 9, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon

Not real sure it is me mixing senior and junior football. Yes Horsham seniors have won 9 in a row but their juniors have not so that is not an issue.

I am sure nearly all clubs struggle for numbers at senior level as well as junior level. All clubs are trying to find that last 5 players to get their numbers. The only way to get those numbers is approach players from other clubs, which really does only move the problem from one club to another.

I cannot make comment on an issue that I heard no names or confirmation that it is taking place and the actual issues surrounding it. I am sure many clubs have approached Horsham juniors to relocate, no I am more than sure as I know for a fact it has taken place.

Are you saying one rule for some and another rule for others? Lets get all the facts straight and apply those to all clubs equally. Until then I really have not much to say on an unconfirmed issue.

Who are the players involved? Who is the person who has made the approaches? What if any enticements have been made? Is Horsham the only club who has made approaches to players of other clubs? I can answewr that one, No. United have spoken to many a Horsham junior.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back