AGSV First XVIII Football 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Stalk

Draftee
Sep 11, 2011
Davenport
AFL Club
Fremantle
thought i'd get the ball rolling... with the agsv summer sports set to finish up in a couple of weeks, pre-seasons should be getting under way for the footy boys. just wondering, who's going to be the contenders this year, pegs back to back to back? assumption? marcellin? trinity lost their superstar duo of Dom Tyson and Adam Tomlinson, possible still in with a chance?

Peninsula will be very goos with the likes of Lachie Whitfeild (likely number one draft pick) and Billy Hartung Level 1 at AIS,runs a 16.1 beep test elite endurance and kick, 3rd best on for AIS against New Zealand (heard he is good on the decks djing also, plays some good beat)

thought i'd get the ball rolling... with the agsv summer sports set to finish up in a couple of weeks, pre-seasons should be getting under way for the footy boys. just wondering, who's going to be the contenders this year, pegs back to back to back? assumption? marcellin? trinity lost their superstar duo of Dom Tyson and Adam Tomlinson, possible still in with a chance?

Trinity still have McDonald, he's easily one of the best 17 year olds in the country, if not the possible best player in the 2013 draft class.

Trinity still have McDonald, he's easily one of the best 17 year olds in the country, if not the possible best player in the 2013 draft class.

Please... from what i have seen, McDonald not only struggles to hit targets but is consistently selfish with the football. He fails to look out for other team mates and only kicks long when under pressure... to state that this bloke is a 2013 high draft pick is ludicrous. Allot of improvement is needed.

:thumbsdown::mad:

Peninsula will be very goos with the likes of Lachie Whitfeild (likely number one draft pick) and Billy Hartung Level 1 at AIS,runs a 16.1 beep test elite endurance and kick, 3rd best on for AIS against New Zealand (heard he is good on the decks djing also, plays some good beat)
Both Players mentioned here are no doubt top class,however from a team success point of view its the next 10 or so players who are the key.The likes of Hammond,Collins, Crowder etc.how much off season improvement, could be the gauge for team success for both this and next year.Perhaps, significant improvement from a defender or two may be needed if the top teams are to be genuinly pressed?

will be interesting to see the results of marcelin vs trinity rd1, see if trinity's TAC cup players are good enough to take the solid depth of marcelin

Sure it helps with scholarship players, but it's still possible to beat Pegs! Don't think they are as strong as the past two years, Trinity's top 6 players are probably the best in the competition, Peninsula have the best player and Marcellin may have the strongest depth of players, although have lost a few good players.

Sure it helps with scholarship players, but it's still possible to beat Pegs! Don't think they are as strong as the past two years, Trinity's top 6 players are probably the best in the competition, Peninsula have the best player and Marcellin may have the strongest depth of players, although have lost a few good players.

Who would these best 6 players be for trinity, understandably mcdonald and nicolosi are up there but kennedy-harris can't get a game for oakleigh, curnow has been okay and the others have barely played a game of firsts

I think it will be the same top 4 this year but with trinity losing all their big year 12's, although they do have the likes of Luke McDonald and Jay Kennedy- Harris from what ive seen they don't have the depth. Marcellin's year 11 group are very strong with a few TAC cup players and also a solid bunch of year 12's and for me will be a big contender. Assumption ive been told have a weak year 11 group and may struggle this year and PEGS as always are a great team and can definitely go back to back. Peninsula have a couple guns but not much depth but will definitely challenge for a top 4 spot depending on how much Whitfield and Hartung play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i've been watching Peninsula now for a long time being a father and loving it and there are few player from last year that i think will be instrumental to how there season turns out, Rheede hopgood vice captain with his strong body will be a hard target to take down get past or out mark, Jack Stannus with a strong kick and good head on his shoulder will be a great assets and Brendan Pullen being unknown has a fierce tackle that will leave many hurting behind him, These three players will be instrumental to Peninsula season and if there put in the extra effort should see the young guys right up there:thumbsu:

Who would these best 6 players be for trinity, understandably mcdonald and nicolosi are up there but kennedy-harris can't get a game for oakleigh, curnow has been okay and the others have barely played a game of firsts

Watched McDonald last week for Oakleigh and he was amazing! Definitely will be a Nth Melbourne player! Kennedy Harris was lightning quick and very dangerous,Yes, Curnow hasnt been great but can run and is very dangerous, Nicolosi is good and there year 11s are very good.
I know Marcellin has a few out this week, who are very good players, which is unfortunate, but there depth, runs deep,with clever players, such as Tardio, Perry,Possar,Robertson, Petigrove and Doherty.

so what were the results from the weekend?
i know that PEGS had a bye.

Looks like an even completion this year! Ivanhoe had a good win against Assumption(1point) Peninsula on the improve! Everyone didn't give Trinity a show, but they are proving that they be in the final at the end of the season. I heard Marcellin had a good win against Mentone in the wet.
The next Two Games will really show the top 4 contenders!!

Trinity even though losing those gun year 12's showed they still are a finals contender beating Marcellin by 5 goals having an unreal second quarter booting 6 unanswered at one stage which put the game to bed. Marcellin fought back late but apart form Trinity's 10 minute burst the game was very evenly contested. Hugh Curnow definitely the best on the field kicking 5 in the midfield. Marcellin still look very good and i also heard their win against Mentone was a good one in the wet with son of Carlton premiership player Warren McKenzie, Reece McKenzie kicking 10 goals. He is in year 11 but is a year younger, should be year 10. Assumption losing 2 games is a surprise and a finals spot is all but gone for them and their game against Marcellin this week will be very interesting.

Trinity even though losing those gun year 12's showed they still are a finals contender beating Marcellin by 5 goals having an unreal second quarter booting 6 unanswered at one stage which put the game to bed. Marcellin fought back late but apart form Trinity's 10 minute burst the game was very evenly contested. Hugh Curnow definitely the best on the field kicking 5 in the midfield. Marcellin still look very good and i also heard their win against Mentone was a good one in the wet with son of Carlton premiership player Warren McKenzie, Reece McKenzie kicking 10 goals. He is in year 11 but is a year younger, should be year 10. Assumption losing 2 games is a surprise and a finals spot is all but gone for them and their game against Marcellin this week will be very interesting.

Pegs look the goods! Smashing everyone! Ten goals over Peninsula! 15 goals yesterday over Ivanhoe! Should be a great game against Marcellin next week! So far it looks like Pegs again! I did hear that Marcellin had their vice captain and Knights player Jimmy Hodder out against Trinity and had some players tied after just getting back from the Nationals in School basketball.

Pegs look the goods! Smashing everyone! Ten goals over Peninsula! 15 goals yesterday over Ivanhoe! Should be a great game against Marcellin next week! So far it looks like Pegs again! I did hear that Marcellin had their vice captain and Knights player Jimmy Hodder out against Trinity and had some players tied after just getting back from the Nationals in School basketball.

That is true many boys got off the plane from Newcastle the day before having won the Marist Basketball Championships and missed James Hodder who is back tomorrow Vs Assumption and I've heard their gun Reece Mckenzie wont be playing though due to state school boy commitments

That is true many boys got off the plane from Newcastle the day before having won the Marist Basketball Championships and missed James Hodder who is back tomorrow Vs Assumption and I've heard their gun Reece Mckenzie wont be playing though due to state school boy commitments

Any results from round 3

From what ive seen this year, most teams have a one or two solid contributers that have impressed in each game ive seen this year
PEGS - Bailey (Vic Metro, Calder Cannons), Galluci (Calder Cannons)
TRINITY - McDonald (AIS, Vic Metro, Oakleigh Chargers) Kennedy Harris (Oakleigh Chargers)
MARCELLIN- Posar (Vic Metro and Northern Knights)
PENINSULA - Whitfield and Hartung (both AIS and Dandenong Stingrays)
MENTONE - Dillon (Sandringham Dragons)
IVANHOE - Lennon (AIS and Northern Knights)
YARRA VALLEY - Rourke
CAMBERWELL - yet to watch play
ASSUMPTION - yet to watch play

Remove this Banner Ad

Back