Kyrie Irving to play for Australia at London?

samdapie32

Debutant
Aug 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, Ch Bulls, Denver Broncos
Big fish in a small pond to say the least. But Aus basketball types will be scrambling head over heels to get him, hell would you rather him or Patrick Mills? Think about it.

would guarantee him a gig in london (assuming we make it).

BA should do everything to get him.

he could do an iverson and not pass the ball to anyone
i don't think he is like that, he is too much of a true point guard.

Aug 11, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Timberwolves, Crystal Palace
Maybe but Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, CP3, D-Will and even Rondo are going to around for a while yet.
He's looking like a more attractive prospect then Westbrook/Rondo/D-Will in a year or two, they might ask him to jump on not to lose him

Jan 11, 2012
Bloomington, Indiana USA
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Stars, Duke Blue Devils
This subject was brought up in another thread a while back. Some on this board didn't really want him because he's not really Australian. I respect this view. He'll be an international hired gun of sorts. How much practice time will he get with Team Australia? Will he just waltz in and start calling the shots? That's not his nature....but I'm sure he'll relied on heavily. Not sure how this would go over with his new teammates.

Anyhow, if Irving is still thinking about it, I'd say he's considering it very seriously. Log jam at point guard over here...no way he plays for Team USA in London. If his career progresses, then he's a no brainer for '16. I'm a huge Duke/Irving fan and if he plays for Australia this summer, I've just found my second favorite team.

Oct 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Thunder
In unrelated news, Kyrie Irving's manager has just announced a new Kyrie Irving shoe range to be released Down Under later this year.

nufan

Norm Smith Medallist
May 4, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Pelicans, Tottenham
I just don't see him playing for Australia. I doubt the PG depth right now is even a factor in his decision. In Rio he will be on the USA team

Hand

Don't think, Do.
May 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
are you asking a question?

shouldn't be happy about the chance he might play for us. get excited if he makes a commitment to us

i was questioning your misunderstanding. well i am happy that he might play for us, and in an interview with thai neave prior to the nba draft he said he wants to play for the boomers as his national side

Scully2Folau

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 12, 2011
GWS
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
BOS:Celtics/Patriots/Bruins/Red Sox
Kylie Irving has said after today's loss to the Jazz that he will remain with Team USA, citing the fact that Coach K will be with USA in 2016. Colangelo says that coaching for 2016 has not been discussed.

Hand

Don't think, Do.
May 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Kylie Irving has said after today's loss to the Jazz that he will remain with Team USA, citing the fact that Coach K will be with USA in 2016. Colangelo says that coaching for 2016 has not been discussed.

:( USA have a talent overload. Wouldn't he prefer to start for Australia, and play for 40 ish minutes, than be a subsitute for USA?

Back