Discussion Random Chat MegaThread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that instead of people spontaneously starting competitions, they first need to post their idea for the competition and see if there's a decent amount of interest in it.

That's what I did once. I did a preview and a creation poll. Didn't succeed though.

This thread is a great place to get ur post count up true boys :p

When was the first one started? Would be interesting to know how quickly we've gone through 5.6 thousand posts

Was about to say the same thing :( In fact you probably just caught the end of the golden era SHP

I dont get what made it so good? Who does not post or contribute here anymore? What makes not as enjoyable? Is it the "kids" fault?
One thing that i was looking foward 2 was mr gibbyspins series of youtube vides. But its dried up after 1 poor form :p

I'm assuming it's because there were fewer competitions, but they were all worthy of entering and were popular. Posters would actually make contributions to threads, instead of constantly posting junk with no relevance.

You can't really blame the kids. I'm 16 too.

Age has nothing to do with it. In fact, blaming the quality of posting on age is blindly discriminatory.

Half of my favourite posters are under the age of 20. They offer insight. They purvey their opinions in an englightening, interesting, and classy way. I don't support cutting off posters based on their age: It'd not work, and it'd discount some valid thoughts.

It may be a minor gripe, but I see spelling as a major error. Sure, someone using the wrong tense or the odd mishap is cool. I've probably committed grammatical crimes before. But the constant use of stupid 'smileys' and lazy language is a huge turn off.

I've come to ignore spelling mistakes and holes in grammar as they're pretty damn frequent... but something that pisses me off beyond ANYTHING else (and this is off topic, not in relation to the board) is idiot bogans who make fun of people who speak English as a second language's pronunciation, this pisses me off in its own right, but then when they have the worst ******* grammar imaginable, that's it for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What pisses me off is when people go out of their way to deliberately make spelling mistakes, 2, skool, gr8, etc. It's just barely even shortening it's not like shortening at the moment to atm it's skipping one letter.

Besides, isn't it in the bigfooty rules that you can't use words like that anyway? If so, Doc, get the cards out please...

Was about to say the same thing :( In fact you probably just caught the end of the golden era SHP

Let's not get too down in the dumps about it. It's not as if this board has become totally uninteresting and useless. It's still a fun board to visit and is great for the graphic designers among us. Yes, I too miss the 'golden era' Gibbsy was referring to but it doesn't mean I don't like it now either. I bet in a couple of weeks the board will be back to normal and no one will care about all this.

And I agree with SA, age has zero to do with it. It's pretty lame to suggest that really.

I would say the golden era would be from: I don't know. I joined November '09. End: Probably mid to late 2010. We're talking about FGD aren't we? It used to be called Footy Jumpers and Fotoshops right?

Couldn't agree more (The Half Back) so on a lighter note, what do you guys think, Haddin or Wade???

And for South Aussies: Davey, Chroswaithe (no idea how to spell that) or Ludeman.

I'd go with Davey because his keeping runs rings around the others and if his grade batting form is anything to go by its a no brainer really.

Wade for his batting if anything, miles ahead of haddin and haddin is aging.

And X-Waite for SA because of his experience in the longer format. Although he's not the best short form player. I remember watching him in a Domestic 20/20 and he scored 11 off 29 balls. But still a very good keeper in all formats and anyone who was kept to warnie is a star ;)

Wade for his batting if anything, miles ahead of haddin and haddin is aging.

And X-Waite for SA because of his experience in the longer format. Although he's not the best short form player. I remember watching him in a Domestic 20/20 and he scored 11 off 29 balls. But still a very good keeper in all formats and anyone who was kept to warnie is a star ;)

Good points, but as far as keeping goes I have to disagree with you, you probably haven't (assuming your a Vic) but if you have ever seen Davey keep its fantastic to watch, especially to spinners, the way he takes leg side balls and makes stumpings, his hands are so quick you barely see them move.
And his batting average in A grade this year is 65.1 with two centuries. Also the Redbacks need to start playing more SA born players.

Wouldn't have guessed it
Hahahah, my thoughts exactly.

I've barely been on here for a month and people like coolknot and andonis posting pointless s**t has already got me annoyed.

Back on to the cricket and on the topic of wicketkeepers: I'd go for Wade over Haddin by a mile. When Paine comes back into the team, those little battles for the WK spot between him and Wadey will be great to watch. Its quite obvious that they're very good with the gloves on. Wade seems to be a good one day batter, and, to be honest, I haven't seen him play 4-day matches (I know Ryan Carters was tried in a few for Victoria and performed admirably). I think Paine is a good Test batter from what I've heard. I hope Wade gets games in the next few Tests for Australia.

Also, Chris Hartley. I saw he made 111 in the 1st innings for the Bulls and has been keeping very well for them for a little while. How long until he's at least considered for Australia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back