2012 membership discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Plus one more tonight!!:D:D:D..

I'm just rapt to be able to say I'm a ridgy didge member, do my bit for the club:heart:, albeit in a very small way..

Onya McM.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Now when these smarta***s tell me us supporter members are not the real deal, I git you in my corner:thumbsu::D

Onya McM.:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Now when these smarta***s tell me us supporter members are not the real deal, I git you in my corner:thumbsu::D

I think most people consider them the real deal. Unfortunately the AFL doesn't.

Pretty sure they do as of this year. Been posted by a number of people but I can't be arsed finding the link. ;)

I was more having a dig at the response to my belief that we should have a vote at AGM time, & the response to that.:)

But, & I am sure McM will agree - any form of membership gives a feeling of involvement & ownership , and is well worth it - TO YOU ALL THAT HAVE NOT SIGNED UP.

A general admission 3 game pass to the Gabba costs $75.

A Victorian membership (which is for GA only) costs $164. But it includes the Gabba games as a bonus.

I would have thought there is some scope for the Lions to offer a 3 game pass in Melbourne. Even if they simply halve the cost of a normal membership, it would cost $82 which is about on par with the same package at the Gabba. It doesn't seem that hard so I wonder if they believe the demand isn't there.
This post sums up my thoughts EXACTLY:thumbsu:

See the following article on the AFL website:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/130776/default.aspx

Lions crowds dip, but AFL not blaming Gold Coast

THE AFL is adamant the competition's expansion did not dilute the attendance figures for Brisbane Lions' home games last season, and will not affect the Sydney Swans' crowds in 2012.

I believe the biggest factor in our big reduction in crowds and membership is overwhelmingly our poor onfield performance, followed by the Brisbane floods.

Still to say Gold Coast didn't have an impact is a bit over the top. Malcolm Holmes said 500 (ticketed I presume) members that we lost out of a 6000 total reduction were from the Gold Coast region. I wonder what he means by the Gold Coast region though. I mean Brisbane itself is not all that far away from the Gold Coast.

We would have also lost non-member supporters and general AFL supporters as well.

Who knows, but to take an educated guess it could be worth anywhere from 1,000 to 2,000+ per game. That would make a significant difference if you are only getting crowds of 20,000.

And of course then there is the impact on sponsorship and corporate sales...

Yes I agree long term it should work out for the best, but there should be no denying the Lions have taken a fair wack in the short term. (Losing a couple of good players in the process as well).

Agree LOTR. No doubt the 2 biggest factors are our on field performance and the floods, but GC did impact it as well. Even if it's not members, i'm sure plenty of GA people went to some Suns games instead of the Gabba (heck, i went to a Suns game).

Suns did get the better games as well, we didn't get many big drawing teams to the Gabba last year, not like we usually do anyway.

Congrats on getting rid of the car burden MacMum.....feels great doesn't it? Good decision on how to spend that next payment too. .

Thanks LU....I feel rich!!:)....gee it makes a difference, frees up my wage so much......in fact, I've actually become a real penny pincher...I love the feeling of having a bit of spare cash, so I hang on to it as long as possible:p

HURRAY!

Members-only training session next Monday! 3pm at Coorparoo!

Hands up, who's going?

*raises hand*

17,730 on 19 Mar 2012...the increase figures are roughly the same as the corresponding period in March last year (we are about a thousand behind)...can't get an exact daily increase number as the recorded dates are slightly different but it is something like 135 per day.

Wouldn't think all the pessimism after the Essendon practcie match is any help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

17,730 on 19 Mar 2012...the increase figures are roughly the same as the corresponding period in March last year (we are about a thousand behind)...can't get an exact daily increase number as the recorded dates are slightly different but it is something like 135 per day.

Wouldn't think all the pessimism after the Essendon practcie match is any help.

The pessimism probably doesn't help the membership cause at all, but an increase is an increase.

So 17,730 is 5.5% (or 1,030) behind the same time last year. We are still on target for almost 21,000 members.

However the next week or so will be interesting. Last year we increased our membership by almost 1,700 between March 18 and March 28.

Heaps of Victorian based supporters were signing up on Saturday at Visy Park BEFORE the game.

Are we having a season launch this year??

Last year it was awesome!!

The membership numbers are encouraging but we really need to get people to the games. The Gabba was beginning to look like there was Sheffield Shield match on a couple of times last year. I'd love to see those 20K+ averages again rather than about 15K we had last year. (That number based purely on my subjective sense of the crowd figure announcement at home games).

The membership numbers are encouraging but we really need to get people to the games. The Gabba was beginning to look like there was Sheffield Shield match on a couple of times last year. I'd love to see those 20K+ averages again rather than about 15K we had last year. (That number based purely on my subjective sense of the crowd figure announcement at home games).

Winning helps

Remove this Banner Ad

Back