Matt Rendell...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the bits of Misfud's statement I caught (was doing jobs). It appears he was offended at the original comment the the paper, the tone and content of the overall conversation (stereotyping), but also the suggestion that there is a problem that needs to be dealt with now. And his statements about the 'right programmes' makes me think that he was offended that Rendell thought what he was trying to do was not enough ie the current programs were not good enough.
What he was offended by has changed on a daily basis.

The point being (taking Jurrah purely as an example), why did Melbourne recruit a young man from a remote community who could barely speak English? One reason, to exploit his talents.
Of course there's always the guise (genuine assumption?) of "we're helping him out here", but seriously, what does Jurrah get out of the deal?
Money? Not interested I suspect.
The chance to win a Premiership? Yeah, possibly... [forget about individual clubs].
Fame? Even less than interested, in fact, I suspect it's a drawback.
The chance to be 'educated' and live in western society? [because, logically, to us, it's better than a dirty shanty town]...hmmm...

This is the single best post I've read in any of these threads - and it's a question that needs to be asked.

Not demonizing him. Just disappointed he didn't explain some big gaps in the story.

Criticizing and demonizing are two completely different things. There is also a bit of me that feels sorry for him, because I think he may have been used to Demetriou.

If he hasn't been used by Demetriou, he's definitely been used by Fahour.

When I just said that ruining a guys rep may not be the answer to help the problem he replied that he agreed but sometimes you face tough decisions to remain true to your culture and that he stands by it.

I replied that he will have to and that burning a mate who ultimately had good intentions is poor form in any culture.

So what will offend him tomorrow?

10 hours ago he was offended by assimilation via Rendells idea of the Aboriginal Football Academy, ie like Boomerang.

Tonight he is offended by the comment.

Tomorrow? The aftershave Rendell was wearing?

He reminds me a bit of the USA justifying Iraq.

"It's WMDs, that's what we're going in for ... what, wut? No, it's about Al Qaeda ... actually, we're invading because we want to remove Saddam ... or we might be hunting Bid Laden ... no, it's about democracy, we're bringing freedom to all of Iraq."

When I just said that ruining a guys rep may not be the answer to help the problem he replied that he agreed but sometimes you face tough decisions to remain true to your culture and that he stands by it.

I replied that he will have to and that burning a mate who ultimately had good intentions is poor form in any culture.

:thumbsu:

Mifsud;

"Matty has paid a price that everyone is feeling the pain of and nobody more than myself".

Really?

Wow. Just wow.

Mifsud:
head_up_your_ass.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw the Jason Mifsud "interview".

No questions just him talking. No wiser as to why he waited 6 weeks to let anyone know he was offended. Said he did not know whether he and Rendell were still friends. Thats about all he said on that. Did not deny Rendell's version, but said Rendell said some pretty ignorant things which made him uncomfortable in the meeting. Never got an answer as to why he did not take Rendell on at the meeting or anytime afterwards. Except he said he he took his role as an AFL employee and as part of the indigenous community seriously, and maybe throwing Rendell under a bus wasn't that hard to do.

Ironically, Mifsud said its good that its out in the open so that the whole issue can now be discussed. I seriously don't think any AFL club officials will be talking openly with Mifsud anytime soon. ;)

disgusting if true. He was not questioned? What a fkg charade. Disgrace he spoke on that show for a start. Is that not racist in its self?

For those of us who don't watch that s**t, what did he say?

Sam asked Jim Brayshaw as a part of the media why weren't they supporting Rendell who is a man of good character........ said it was disgraceful the way he had been treated / career destroyed esp for comments made during a private conversation

:thumbsu:

Presenter: "...here's what Jason Mifsud sees as the way forward."

Mifsud (paraphrased): "We have programs in place and despite the recent decline I feel we're on the cusp of making progress...actually I have NFI. I'm a token Aboriginal appointment and do what AD tells me."

A harsh interpretation but I'm not sure it's totally unfair. Give me back my 20 minutes.

I'm probably going to get carded but this is what I wrote in a posting on the Bay.

"Mifsud is a bloke who takes advantage of a situation.

Let's put the matter into perspective. Jurrah does his version of Freddy Krueger and the consensus is that Jurrah is a nutter and should be suspended.

Mifsud is the aboriginal affairs officer ( or whatever the AFL call it) and needs to get Jurrah off the front page quick smart or the likelihood of a top 10 pick being an aboriginal is as high as Ricky Nixon becoming a principal at a girl's school.

So Mifsud takes part of a conversation to Demetriou who is more worried about image than substance and with the lap dog Caro beats up the story until the Adelaide are told to sack Rendell.

In the meantiime, Steven King gets fined $5,000 and told to do do community service for seeking pain relief from hs job at the dogs while Jurrah walks around scot free."

It is in somewhat racier language than is used up here but summarises
what I think about the Rendell matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back