MrNatural

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers
Since i upgraded my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 to the new IOS 5.1 release, i have had numerous issues with connecting to WIFI.
Have searched google and the apple forums, and it seems to be a known issue.
Tried resetting and restoring iPhone, no results
Resetted both my routers at home, no results
Tried connecting to WIFI at work, no results

This has to be a software issue, as i find it hard to believe that my gf's and my iphone and iPad would fail to connect to WIFI.

Anyone else having this issue? Anyone know of a fix?
Do apple know about this and doing anything about it?

Might be worth it for me to do a rollback to 5.0

wasupwidat

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Lakers
I've had the same problem with my 3GS, housemate had it with his ipod touch but it's now working for him. I've restored from backup, as new, tried every wifi setting etc. and still cuts out on me when I'm standing next to it.

budget

Team Captain
Apr 7, 2008
port pirie
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
cricket,
same thing here mate, sometimes i close both units down and then it works other times it just takes ages! sometimes i wished i had bought samsung products at least you would be able to open movies or attachments that you get sent,bloody hopeless really.

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Keep an eye on the Apple and Whirlpool forums. Hopefully Apple release an update before too long.

seanoff

Premiership Player
Mar 12, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
St Mary's
don't hold your breath.

Macbooks have been randomly dropping wifi connections for years. Apple appear to have done SFA to fix it.

Umpa Lumpa

All Australian
Suspended
Jun 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
ip4review60021.jpg

+

wi.php

=

destroy-ipod-ipad-nano-iphone-3.jpg

Problem Fixed :):thumbsu:

Calls dropping out, wi fi dropping out, bluetooth in my car connecting to my shitty work phone but fails 9 times out of 10 with my temporary iPhone 3.

My wife and daughter are dyed in the wool iPhone owners and some of the features are good, but having replaced a lost phone with a second hand iPhone to see out a plan and having to put out with constant connectivity issues, I just haven't had positive iPhone experiences.

mike95

Draftee
Apr 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Since i upgraded my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 to the new IOS 5.1 release, i have had numerous issues with connecting to WIFI.
Have searched google and the apple forums, and it seems to be a known issue.
Tried resetting and restoring iPhone, no results
Resetted both my routers at home, no results
Tried connecting to WIFI at work, no results

This has to be a software issue, as i find it hard to believe that my gf's and my iphone and iPad would fail to connect to WIFI.

Anyone else having this issue? Anyone know of a fix?
Do apple know about this and doing anything about it?

Might be worth it for me to do a rollback to 5.0

I created a detailed blog post with video demonstration, description of various symptoms regarding the connection issues some users have been having with the iPad along with a workaround which works solidly for me. As I find posts with those concerns, I take the time to register (gosh why does every site require a registration!)...just to share the information. Good Luck

h t t p : / / michael.olivero.com/post/2012/04/05/iPad3-WiFi-connection-issues-resolved.aspx

red+black

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 12, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
For the record, I've had no issues at all with my iPhone 3GS on iOS 5.1.

I use wifi at work and home on a daily basis.

And when desperate, i'd always suggest a Genius Bar appt at an official Apple Store

Back