80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
I think we are only allowed to play one course. An 18 hole. I think it will be north as well.

Hopefully will smash my brother. My housemate is coming along but he is a little bit of a hack job. And my old housemate but unsure what his skills are like.

Shall be a great day of golf. Also have Kingwood lined up too. Ya hoo

Played Royal and Ancient Drouin on the weekend, man have they spent some dollars on the clubhouse and course. Tees right back which was good - pins in tuff spots and generalyy the 30 of us that ventured out had a great day. I shot 77 (playing off 7) - still wasnt good enough to win on the day but 3 balls in the water will do that to you.

Yep, the North course is the better course of the 2.

I'm looking forward to my next couples of games this weekend- Barnbougle Dunes & Lost Farm. I'm playing with 3 hackers so hopefully the weather is kind to us otherwise it could be a tough couple of days.

You'll love it mate.

Can be just as fun in the howling wind as it is on a calm day, provided you're not taking it too seriously. Be sure to check out the restaurant/bar at Lost Farm, a beautiful view over the course/ocean.

As far as playability goes, i found Lost Farm an "easier" layout, but i use that term lightly. Some giant bunkers that will blow your mind at Barnbougal.

pristine conditions at the national, or more specifically the moonah course. a 5 min shower around the 8.12am mark, then overcast, finishing in the sun.

other than the shower there was NO WIND@!

anyway,
1st hole par 4 - birdie for 5 points.
2nd hole par 5 - for 3
3rd hole par 4 - 6 for 2

10 pts after 3 holes.
come at me

finished with 30 pts.
FML

pristine conditions at the national, or more specifically the moonah course. a 5 min shower around the 8.12am mark, then overcast, finishing in the sun.

other than the shower there was NO WIND@!

anyway,
1st hole par 4 - birdie for 5 points.
2nd hole par 5 - for 3
3rd hole par 4 - 6 for 2

10 pts after 3 holes.
come at me

finished with 30 pts.
FML

looking after dat handicap brah?

looking after dat handicap brah?

dat handicap is still

jumper_bourke1.jpg

played eagle ridge y day, had a stinka had 32 points so 4 over my h/c

great course would love to go back again

Only played there once but I loved it too, pretty tough but still had fun. Wasn't happy with 99 off the stick though......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im playing at Keysborough for the Police & Emergency games in a few weeks...Any one played the course before? Whats it condition like, challenging etc? long?

Cheers,

Im playing at Keysborough for the Police & Emergency games in a few weeks...Any one played the course before? Whats it condition like, challenging etc? long?

Cheers,
keys is a great track, long and straight - smart golfers who put the driver away score well around there (think about every tee shot) trees are large but rough is fairly forgiving, greens are pretty damm good. It is along walk with some really intersting holes.

played eagle ridge y day, had a stinka had 32 points so 4 over my h/c

great course would love to go back again

I haven't played there for years and my memory of the course is that it's fairly short. I know when they built the clubhouse they were going to change the course but I'm not sure if they did, what's it like now please MS??

I haven't played there for years and my memory of the course is that it's fairly short. I know when they built the clubhouse they were going to change the course but I'm not sure if they did, what's it like now please MS??

there is a couple really short holes about 250m but to there credit you cant "drive the green" there are bunkers or the way you hit would have to hit it 240 & stop it with in 15m like a pitch & if you can do that you should be playing down the road & not eagle ridge haha

the new rooms are magnificent & very picture esk, there is a par 3 on the back about 120 down hill all bunkers untill the green & there is a bunker inside the bunker which was pretty cool.

From memory the only short downhill par 3 I can remember is the 8th, unless they have changed the course around and the back 9 is now the front. I used to Play down there a lot when Mike Cahill was the pro (ripping bloke and great golfer). The short par 4's are 1 and 13 and all the par 5's are tight but reachable with 2 good hits, that was the case back then. Can you remember how much it cost for a hit please MS???

From memory the only short downhill par 3 I can remember is the 8th, unless they have changed the course around and the back 9 is now the front. I used to Play down there a lot when Mike Cahill was the pro (ripping bloke and great golfer). The short par 4's are 1 and 13 and all the par 5's are tight but reachable with 2 good hits, that was the case back then. Can you remember how much it cost for a hit please MS???

Not sure about price mate I am in a social club & pay $45 a round no matter if we play at a good course or a bad one for instance we played st Andrews beach then yarrambat followed by eagle ridge.

That par 3 might have been the 8th, I am not a very big hitter of the ball mate my strengths are my pitching & recovery so I would never get to the green in 2 on a 5

Played Berwick Montuna on Friday for a 94, playing again today..hadn't played there for a while, it's got some fun holes and is in really good nick, just a shame the front 9 is so tight. It's kinda worth having a round there just to play the 10th hole too.

Eagle Ridge was about $80 each from memory last time I played there, was booked online and included carts. Great course to get in some much needed bunker practice.

Thanks Nero, $80 a hit at Eagle Ridge is a joke though. I know it was a whole ago but I remember the days when it was $15. If major uPgrades haven't been done to the course, it would be the worst value for money on the Penisula.

Thanks Nero, $80 a hit at Eagle Ridge is a joke though. I know it was a whole ago but I remember the days when it was $15. If major uPgrades haven't been done to the course, it would be the worst value for money on the Penisula.

Just double checked, is $45 booking online (morning, midweek), plus $44 for a cart. So $67 per person now, I think I paid slightly more over the Christmas break.

It was in pretty good nick though, the the extensive bunkering (which I'm told is a pretty recent addition) was pretty impressive.

Well I went and had that game at the Peninsula North Course yesterday. It was the hardest conditions I have ever played in. Rained for the first 9 holes, then that disappeared and we had to contend with a killer breeze. Hit some awesome shots and holes but then put together some embarrassing moments.

But boy was the course nice, brutal, but nice. Greens tip top, fairways in mint condition. All the holes were different and challenging. And did I find a few of the 1000s of bunkers they had on offer. Great experience and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back