Murray Football League - General Thread June 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You definitely have a point in regards to the junior player side of things, but in my experience Melbourne based clubs have just as much, if not more money, than country clubs, it's just that it's not as spoken about as much as it is in country circles. Montmorency, bundoora, Heidelberg, Blackburn, Vermont, east burwood, east ringwood, balwyn, greenvale, aberfeldie would all pay as much, if not more than the biggest spending clubs in country footy, which would be albury, yarra, balranald, golden square and echuca..

Echuca juniors most go to Melb for uni

well murray banks maybe you have not been to deni for awhile but population is under 8,000 and dont forget that 2 aussie rules teams in town as well as a rugby side i live in melb but have friends living up there and visit often i am staggered by the money that many clubs spend on recruits when they have plenty of juniors [cobram echuca !!!!] sure some clubs do have to buy some but the money is a lot more than many clubs in melb
7000 or 8000 population and only 2 Aussie Rules clubs!!!! Could fit Barooga,Tocumwal & Cobram into that and thats not counting the Picola League clubs plus soccer & rugby clubs!
Sounds like they should win it every year with that advantage.
But on a serious note Deni do develope their juniors well like most clubs.
But not all have the same population and surrounding competion to compete
with so they may have to recruit some years to stay competitive and bring there juniors thru

7000 or 8000 population and only 2 Aussie Rules clubs!!!! Could fit Barooga,Tocumwal & Cobram into that and thats not counting the Picola League clubs plus soccer & rugby clubs!
Sounds like they should win it every year with that advantage.
But on a serious note Deni do develope their juniors well like most clubs.
But not all have the same population and surrounding competion to compete
with so they may have to recruit some years to stay competitive and bring there juniors thru
totally agree the deni junior development is very good at rams and getting better at rovers dont forget many juiors and some seniors do go to blighty,wakool,mathoura and a few also go to uni with some travelling back on w/ends to play

I wouldn't say there are only two aussie rules clubs in Deni.
Players from Deni are heavily involved in Blighty and Mathoura, with some even playing for Hay and Wakool.
So that's six sides that the population is lending to.
Just saying

I wouldn't say there are only two aussie rules clubs in Deni.
Players from Deni are heavily involved in Blighty and Mathoura, with some even playing for Hay and Wakool.
So that's six sides that the population is lending to.
Just saying
ahh yes but now that the rice is going good again and the mill is back in action, the Rams is the place to be ................................

Has there been any talk on here regarding four quality recruits for Barooga?

Mick Egan, Clint Runnals, Steve McKee and Jeremy Stephenson - all quality footballers in their own right!

Has there been any talk on here regarding four quality recruits for Barooga?

Mick Egan, Clint Runnals, Steve McKee and Jeremy Stephenson - all quality footballers in their own right!

Yeh, fair point puff puff, quality players in those 4, will be interesting to see how they go.

Has there been any word from mul on how ednie leaving has effected the club..? Obviously a super star player so from that aspect it's hard to recover.

And has there been any odds put up anywhere in regards to the Murray league..? Really hard to tell who's even the favorite this year, nathalia will be good but are coming from a long way back, sounds like Deni have lost a lot, congupna will be stronger.. Any thoughts?

Unless you are under contract, have club property (jumper) or owe the club money they can't. You can appeal to the VCFL the club you want clearance to to can assist with this.

Who is playing practice matches this wkend and where?

Cobram are playing EDFL side Aberfeldie @ Cobram on Saturday 2nds and Seniors. Will be a great hit out with ex AFL players Mal Michael, Courtney Johns, Damien Peverrial, Tom Hislop and David Fanning playing. Also 8 to 10 VFL senior players will be in Aberfeldie's side. Would be a great game to watch.

It has been abit quiet on here fellas!!
What's some news??
I hear that Toc have lost two young talented footballers in the likes M.Morgan and T.Garlick.. Both rated highly last year, does anyone know the reason behind them leaving??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It has been abit quiet on here fellas!!
What's some news??
I hear that Toc have lost two young talented footballers in the likes M.Morgan and T.Garlick.. Both rated highly last year, does anyone know the reason behind them leaving??

Yes its very quite on here Viccountry,

Can a Nathatlia supporter let us all know how the floods have effected their pre season? Obviously its made it difficult to train but with all the boys ( bar the Melbourne or out of town players ) helping to sand bag the township it would have been a great way to bond the group together??

Also Deni would have to be rubbing their hands together with good rice crops which will help the club spend $$ again this year to try and go back to back??

Any news on how practice matches went on the weekend? I went and watched Barooga and they held their own, few new recuits showed some class, they wont be easy to beat thats for sure. Good work Robbo!!

Yes its very quite on here Viccountry,

Can a Nathatlia supporter let us all know how the floods have effected their pre season? Obviously its made it difficult to train but with all the boys ( bar the Melbourne or out of town players ) helping to sand bag the township it would have been a great way to bond the group together??

Also Deni would have to be rubbing their hands together with good rice crops which will help the club spend $$ again this year to try and go back to back??

Any news on how practice matches went on the weekend? I went and watched Barooga and they held their own, few new recuits showed some class, they wont be easy to beat thats for sure. Good work Robbo!!

Huh??? Spending $$??

What does the rice mill have to do with the footy club??? We dont have any connection with them. Few of the younger fellas work there all locals anyway?

Thought it was made pretty clear that the club doesnt spend a motza on players?

Heard from a moama committee member that they have lost 16 from there starting line up from last year. That might put them as the biggest sliders this year

Shepp East played Tocumwal on weekend, Toc started off well be Shepp East got on top after quarter time and probably won by about 13 to 15 goals, the score board was not operated but Shepp East had a comfortable win... not sure how many Toc had out or whether that was their full list... Shepp East had about 6 regular senior players missing...

Rumour has it Lads that Echuca United are going to be a real force this year, Apparently have signed some good players and are flying confidently under the radar!!! Anyone want to add to this???

Who is playing practice matches this wkend and where?

Cobram are playing EDFL side Aberfeldie @ Cobram on Saturday 2nds and Seniors. Will be a great hit out with ex AFL players Mal Michael, Courtney Johns, Damien Peverrial, Tom Hislop and David Fanning playing. Also 8 to 10 VFL senior players will be in Aberfeldie's side. Would be a great game to watch.
How'd this go FootyMack??? I heard some ol skinny bloke pinched Ozzies Jumper and got a towling by Big Mal lol :confused::D...............cya Good Friday.......lol :D

Rumour has it Lads that Echuca United are going to be a real force this year, Apparently have signed some good players and are flying confidently under the radar!!! Anyone want to add to this???

Don't Echuca say this every year:confused: I don't know about a force but i think they might be playing some games in september this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back