Darebin
Diamond Creek
East Burwood
Berwick
Melbourne University
St Kilda
Scoresby

Fire away peeps with your thoughts/banter so forth

Any possibility of something like a weekly highlights package on youtube from the league. If you are interested in womens football, its hard to find any to watch, especially from country WA.

It would be relatively cheap to do, and good promotion if online searches for womens football turned up decent footage.

Any possibility of something like a weekly highlights package on youtube from the league. If you are interested in womens football, its hard to find any to watch, especially from country WA.

It would be relatively cheap to do, and good promotion if online searches for womens football turned up decent footage.
I always like to go through any V A F A and any footage that goes along with it. There have been plenty of scores and Updates of late in V A F A section. Would be great To get ANY VWFL.I Wouldn't even know where a listing of Home grounds or Websites may be. Some or all of this may help to.

I always like to go through any V A F A and any footage that goes along with it. There have been plenty of scores and Updates of late in V A F A section. Would be great To get ANY VWFL.I Wouldn't even know where a listing of Home grounds or Websites may be. Some or all of this may help to.

Funny you say that because on the big club in the vwfl the East Burwood devils cant even get a home ground for 2012. They were told after 2010 they couldnt play at east burwood because there were not enough change rooms & the old change rooms at the 2nd ground were reserved for a pipe band!

in 2011 they got moved to a ground with no drainage 3 light towers with flood lights that didnt even reach the middle of the gound, it was only about 40% lit up at best, add to that the club rooms had no heating. The city of whitehorse told them bad luck thats your only ground, then had the nerve to say in todays local leader that we havent recieved any application from the club for a ground after they told the club that there was nothing for them.

disgraceful really

Funny you say that because on the big club in the vwfl the East Burwood devils cant even get a home ground for 2012. They were told after 2010 they couldnt play at east burwood because there were not enough change rooms & the old change rooms at the 2nd ground were reserved for a pipe band!

in 2011 they got moved to a ground with no drainage 3 light towers with flood lights that didnt even reach the middle of the gound, it was only about 40% lit up at best, add to that the club rooms had no heating. The city of whitehorse told them bad luck thats your only ground, then had the nerve to say in todays local leader that we havent recieved any application from the club for a ground after they told the club that there was nothing for them.

disgraceful really
Good God-That's truly P***weak. I had attended a few games at Parkdale woman's games and was a good arvo. I don't think they even field a team any more? Not sure. Just wonder if its possible to speak to other clubs ar la Fitzroy or speak with a C E Os presidents of V F L clubs?

disgraceful really

It's going to be a real future challenge for female teams. More and more female teams are popping up and there just isn't the infrastructure to sustain it. Particulalry in some areas of Melbourne. Leagues may have to look at some innovative fixtures. I know they trialled some weeknight competitions in youth girls.

It's a tough gig for the women trying to compete with multiple junior teams, ground conditions, men's teams, superules teams and a growing number of female participants/teams. I think it's fair to say that the work is cut out for female teams, however it's not going to improve anytime soon if they continue on this path and don't address the problem with consultation of all stakeholders

It's going to be a real future challenge for female teams. More and more female teams are popping up and there just isn't the infrastructure to sustain it. Particulalry in some areas of Melbourne. Leagues may have to look at some innovative fixtures. I know they trialled some weeknight competitions in youth girls.

It's a tough gig for the women trying to compete with multiple junior teams, ground conditions, men's teams, superules teams and a growing number of female participants/teams. I think it's fair to say that the work is cut out for female teams, however it's not going to improve anytime soon if they continue on this path and don't address the problem with consultation of all stakeholders

The club has been around for over 10 years & had 4 home grounds in that time, i just think its foul play by the council to keep tossing them aside

The club has been around for over 10 years & had 4 home grounds in that time, i just think its foul play by the council to keep tossing them aside

It's a worry when a pipe band is taking precedence at a sports facility. Surely they can Send them off to a hall or something?! I was really just highlighting that it is a problem that will only manifest in future years. If a women's team in the top division can't find a ground, there's obviously a big priority issue here.

It's a worry when a pipe band is taking precedence at a sports facility. Surely they can Send them off to a hall or something?! I was really just highlighting that it is a problem that will only manifest in future years. If a women's team in the top division can't find a ground, there's obviously a big priority issue here.

the council refuses to move them, the whitehorse council is a disgrace

AFL Victoria today on their website announced Peta Searle as the head coach of the new AFL Victoria and VWFL academy and as the State coach.

round robin prac game on the weekend saw VU-St Albans & Eastern Devils play out a pretty even game with only a couple of points in it to the devils i think, both teams missing a couple of key players. Both teams easily accounted for St Kilda.

Melbourne Uni are playing North Ballart (nth west division) this weekend i think:confused: & Diamond Creek have a game but unsure who it is agianst or where

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne Uni playing Berwick at Berwick

Only a couple of weeks to go, melb uni just got over the line in a prac game last week & vu-st albans got off to a flyer kicking 5 goals to zip in the 1st q v diamond creek but just held on to win by less than a kick.

Darebin host melb uni on sunday, thats the only game i know of this weekend.

The season kicks off with a grand final re match on sat the 21st at kings park in st albans, VU-St Albans v Darebin

Round 1 is finally here
Sat
VU-St Albans v Darebin
Sun
Berwick v East Burwood
Scoresby v St Kilda
Melbourne Uni v Diamond Creek

My tip Diamond Creek to be on top on Sunday night & St Kilda to be in the 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back