Stormboy

Senior List
Sep 26, 2008
Home
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Strath Storm
With 2012 season starting next week, thought it was appropriate to start a new thread for the upcoming seaon.

The 2011 BFNL thread was so last year...... !!!

Lets get it started with your selections for:

Premiers:
Runners Up:
Ron Best:
Michelsen:
1st upset match (and who against !):
Wooden Spoon:

Premiers : Golden Square
Runners Up : South Bendigo
Ron Best : Grant Weeks
Michelsen : Rosa
1st upset match : Kyneton over Gisborne Round 1
wooden spoon : Kangaroo flat

Premiers : Golden Square
Runners Up : South Bendigo
Ron Best : Grant Weeks
Michelsen : Rosa
1st upset match : Kyneton over Gisborne Round 1
wooden spoon : Kangaroo flat

Premiers: South Bendigo
Runners Up: Golden Square
Michelson: Nathan Thompson
1st upset: Round 1 Kyneton defeats Gisborne
Wooden Spoon: Kangaroo Flat
Headline of the year: Strathfieldsaye lose 9 players on the 30th of June due to not being paid for last 4 games.

Premiers: Sth Bendigo
Runners Up: Kyneton
1st upset: Round 1 Kflat beat south rd 1
Headline of the year: kflat's skipper quits

Good signing by Kyneton to get Michael O'Brien back to the club
Yes, will be handy, although like most of the players Kyneton look to have recruited he certainly isnt a young chap. I guess a mix of youth and experience is generally a good plan of attack.

Really looking forward to the Good Friday clash against the Tigers (at Gisborne) If we can get half the crowd they got at Kyneton last year, we are in for a massive day. Anyone know if Thompson is set to play Good Friday ?

Premiers: South Bendigo
Runners Up: Golden Square
1st upset: Round 1 Kyneton defeats Gisborne
Headline of the year: Strathfieldsaye lose 9 players on the 30th of June due to not being paid for last 4 games.

Sounds like trouble brewing at the Storm Davis, if your headline is correct :confused:

Sounds like trouble brewing at the Storm Davis, if your headline is correct :confused:

When there paying there coaching staff as much as Golden Square and Eaglehawk are paying there players, as well as some stupid amounts for half of their players, of course they are going to go bust. Will get off to a flying start, but the season will be all down hill from there when everyone leaves

Yes, will be handy, although like most of the players Kyneton look to have recruited he certainly isnt a young chap. I guess a mix of youth and experience is generally a good plan of attack.

Really looking forward to the Good Friday clash against the Tigers (at Gisborne) If we can get half the crowd they got at Kyneton last year, we are in for a massive day. Anyone know if Thompson is set to play Good Friday ?

I can see it being a big crowd, but know where near the size of last years game. (that was the biggest i have seen in country football). I also think the game will be alot more competitive with the Tigers recruiting very well. Got a feeeling it will be all decided in the last quarter.

My tip Kyneton by 72

I can see it being a big crowd, but know where near the size of last years game. (that was the biggest i have seen in country football). I also think the game will be alot more competitive with the Tigers recruiting very well. Got a feeeling it will be all decided in the last quarter.

My tip Kyneton by 72

Gunna be a gig last quarter or are kyneton going to be the only team playing in the last quarter?

My tip Kyneton by 72

The biggest crowed in country football ?? Have you ever been out of Kyneton davis ?

Good to see the Kyneton faithful up and about early once again with some super ambitious calls.

Lets hope you can be a little more competitive this time Davis...... We have been holding up our end of the deal for 10 years now trying to build this "rivalry" only for you guys to keep talking yourselves up and then letting us all down.

Maybe this is the year.

Do you think the tiges will play finals ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It could be right but i have actually heard the opposite and to quote a committee member say a few months back that they are not intent on being a lowly club and that the player budget will increase to $200,000 by next year as they are capable of making it in that area.

It could be right but i have actually heard the opposite and to quote a committee member say a few months back that they are not intent on being a lowly club and that the player budget will increase to $200,000 by next year as they are capable of making it in that area.

That would mean an average payment of $505 per player per game (22 senior players)... which i find completely laughable that anyone would even think that. I have been involved in a lot of football clubs and it is rare for any player to be on $500 or over... let alone the entire list! Whatever you here a player is on a good general rule is to half it and then you are normally closer to the mark!!!

And your telling me that strath pay more for their players than square pay Rosa, Weeks, Lloyd, bairds, otoole, pratt etc (and in previous years bell, geary, mcmeeking and bristow).... i would highly doubt that....

That would mean an average payment of $505 per player per game (22 senior players)... which i find completely laughable that anyone would even think that. I have been involved in a lot of football clubs and it is rare for any player to be on $500 or over... let alone the entire list! Whatever you here a player is on a good general rule is to half it and then you are normally closer to the mark!!!

And your telling me that strath pay more for their players than square pay Rosa, Weeks, Lloyd, bairds, otoole, pratt etc (and in previous years bell, geary, mcmeeking and bristow).... i would highly doubt that....

How long has it been since you were involved in a footy club? I know a number of average players that are on $500 a game. There are also alot who get paid a lot more then that to

like i said, half what you here normally... most clubs would have 5-6 players tops on around the 500 mark or marginally above, 200-350 is much more common for decent/good players... i have heard rumours on so many occasions of this player is on a grand or this player is on 800 a game and when u find out from people who truly actually know (the guys who write the cheques) they are on 400-600 (roughly half)

that said i have not been involved in minor league clubs... who probably have to pay more money for lesser players...

like i said, half what you here normally... most clubs would have 5-6 players tops on around the 500 mark or marginally above, 200-350 is much more common for decent/good players... i have heard rumours on so many occasions of this player is on a grand or this player is on 800 a game and when u find out from people who truly actually know (the guys who write the cheques) they are on 400-600 (roughly half)

that said i have not been involved in minor league clubs... who probably have to pay more money for lesser players...

Your kidding yourself mate. 500 is not in the ball park for most of the guns around the place these days

Your kidding yourself mate. 500 is not in the ball park for most of the guns around the place these days

You can double that kingturd $500 wouldn't recruit you a gun maybe a 35 year old ex gun or a niave young teenager but in this day and age of country footy that's chook feed... And selling raffle tickets for the meat raffle and recruiting players are two different levels of club involvement!

At a guess i reckon Golden Square would have 4 players on at least a $1000 a game, with 2 of the 4 being on $1500 or more.

Just a guess.

I have been away for a couple of years but good players back then were getting $800-$1000 per game.

By the way, I saw Castlemaine playing Fitzroy amateurs at Victoria Park on Sunday. I think Fitzroy beat them by over 100 points but not sure if everyone played. Castlemaine appeared to be short of numbers in the seconds game.

Do all senior players in Bendigo get paid, even if it's a nominal payment of say $30 a game?

Lot of players cleared to Gisborne, especially from the Riddell League, can any of them play?

Do all senior players in Bendigo get paid, even if it's a nominal payment of say $30 a game?

Lot of players cleared to Gisborne, especially from the Riddell League, can any of them play?

Clearances are from the junior club to the senior club.

At a guess i reckon Golden Square would have 4 players on at least a $1000 a game, with 2 of the 4 being on $1500 or more.

Just a guess.

At a guess?? Don't ever enter the Price is Right champ

you are that far off the mark bears boy its not funny. Square just could't sustain that. They all play for unders as its a good club, with good people.

At a guess?? Don't ever enter the Price is Right champ

you are that far off the mark bears boy its not funny. Square just could't sustain that. They all play for unders as its a good club, with good people.

Touche max.

Individuals should not assume, the gossip relating to Square is way way off the mark, very few actually know, don't merely assume and put it out their on a public forum, re people proceeding Max's comment (not fair to both club and players). Not just in relation to Square but the dribble pertaining to Strath also. Comment if you know that it is factual, not heresay or joining dots. Lets all not presume, guess or fabricate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back