Random McMuffin

Remove this Banner Ad

Listened to an ad for McDonalds on SEN this morning...

One line was, and I quote...

"Made with 100% real ingredients"

...which I obviously found very reassuring :D

They'll never get the ACCC onto them, with such verifiable statements, will they?:D

Listened to an ad for McDonalds on SEN this morning...

One line was, and I quote...

"Made with 100% real ingredients"

...which I obviously found very reassuring :D

They'll never get the ACCC onto them, with such verifiable statements, will they?:D

McDonalds and SEN... a perfect match I would have thought.

There is no regulatory body for radio ads. Plenty for telly, but none for radio. ACCC could probably act but, and excuse the pun, its small fry and way not their focus.

And yes, nice line that one. Ironically, if you put that in a tv ad, CAD would probably ask you for substantiation i.e. "prove the basis for the claim in '100% real ingredients'. That would be the extent of their questions, not the weasly language itself. Just that you could substantiate the claim.

The things you can get away with in food packaging is pretty endless. Although FSANZ is one to be reckoned with.

I use to come up with little tidbits and mottos for some of our products that I'd have the Graphic artist add to the final artwork. Stuff like "natural base blend". It doesn't mean a thing, but it filled some space on the can artwork.

Meanwhile, the graphic artist would throw his own in on occasion....my favourite included reporting on the can that the Bourbon inside was the product of "****** ****** Distilling Co." A distilling company that did not exist.

Possibly my best work was naming a line of soft drinks after the Operations manager....and having printed on the can "Established 1975"....which was his birth date.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back