Ballarat FL 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ballarat FL 2011 Season

no mistake about playing tuesday but its only the seniors that are playing and the start time is 7:15pm,the reserves and under 18`s play the Saturday beforehand Wednesday is a public hoilday and most people have it off

thats more understandable, thanks

Lake wendouree seem to have fallen into a dark shadow. No new recruits with outstanding CV's so far i believe? Should be a good chance for the blokes they had playing 2s in the last few years to stand up. Could surprise a few. Any one with any opinions/rumours about the lakers? surely they will still finish high

Anyone from darley able to help me out here, i called in to the praccy match on saturday and was just curious as to who a few guys were.
Number 3 big full forward , no 7, no 1 and no 14, i thought darley moved the ball quite well and will make a huge improvement on last yr judging from what i saw.

Any praccy results? Who won with sunbury v abers?

Sunbury by 6 goals, supposedly did it relatively easy compared to how expectations were going in. Second hand info from the old man as he went to watch, though he was more raving about how much abers were supposedly paying their lot by comparison rather than a detailed match report. :p

Anyone from darley able to help me out here, i called in to the praccy match on saturday and was just curious as to who a few guys were.
Number 3 big full forward , no 7, no 1 and no 14, i thought darley moved the ball quite well and will make a huge improvement on last yr judging from what i saw.
3 marty pask, 7 saul grenfell, 1 jake edwards, 14 not sure maybe nathan jackel

3 marty pask, 7 saul grenfell, 1 jake edwards, 14 not sure maybe nathan jackel

Cheers johny
One more for you no 6 , big boy terrible hair do looks like his mum still cuts it, but looks very handy indeed
Sorry would've thrown it in with the others but forgot.

I didn't know Tobin Brothers were the new sponsors.... Very quiet in here...
I'll start things off with Darley @ Melton Sth.... Very close and tough game.... Darley will love the fact that former Rockbank players blended in extremely well with former AFL players Jake Edwards and Pask.... The millionaire family would be proud of Sobotniki jnr's performance... The other Rockbank recruit.... Jackyl showed blinding speed early but ran out of steam.... Pask was Unfit and slow and when he had or was near the footy it showed.... But enter the Edwards Bros..... Particularily Boof (Jake) he played forward back and midfield...He is going to be a very strong influence, even more so, this time round..... Tuddy was servicable...... But Drew (and I know your not related).... Any chance you could use your skills collecting stats..... Instead of pretending to be tough and sniping players in the pack.... Not knocking the Grenfells but they were not valid.... But winning teams don't need to justify players..... For the record..... They will have plenty to say during the season...

As for South, The youth policy is still alive and well... Several Players falling short with inaccurate shots on goal in the 3rd quarter... But plenty for Ged's to work with in the up coming weeks...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't know Tobin Brothers were the new sponsors.... Very quiet in here...
I'll start things off with Darley @ Melton Sth.... Very close and tough game.... Darley will love the fact that former Rockbank players blended in extremely well with former AFL players Jake Edwards and Pask.... The millionaire family would be proud of Sobotniki jnr's performance... The other Rockbank recruit.... Jackyl showed blinding speed early but ran out of steam.... Pask was Unfit and slow and when he had or was near the footy it showed.... But enter the Edwards Bros..... Particularily Boof (Jake) he played forward back and midfield...He is going to be a very strong influence, even more so, this time round..... Tuddy was servicable...... But Drew (and I know your not related).... Any chance you could use your skills collecting stats..... Instead of pretending to be tough and sniping players in the pack.... Not knocking the Grenfells but they were not valid.... But winning teams don't need to justify players..... For the record..... They will have plenty to say during the season...

As for South, The youth policy is still alive and well... Several Players falling short with inaccurate shots on goal in the 3rd quarter... But plenty for Ged's to work with in the up coming weeks...

Such a critical post. One line wrap up that is full of positives for a losing side and a scathing inaccurate lump of garbage about a winning side.

South were great and full credit to them, they have come forward again this year and figure to be in the mix at the pointy end of the season.

Darley's big name recruits on the whole under performed, but at the end of the day they got the chocolates. Blowing out rust early in the season as most sides will, lights are disgraceful, ground has always suited Melton South and Sutton was mercurial as always, but the job was done.

On a side note what an absolute shambles the Melton South ground has continued to be. The ground was very close to being condemned before the game, would have been a great reflection on the league should the first game of the year be called off because of the state of the ground

Such a critical post. One line wrap up that is full of positives for a losing side and a scathing inaccurate lump of garbage about a winning side.

South were great and full credit to them, they have come forward again this year and figure to be in the mix at the pointy end of the season.

Darley's big name recruits on the whole under performed, but at the end of the day they got the chocolates. Blowing out rust early in the season as most sides will, lights are disgraceful, ground has always suited Melton South and Sutton was mercurial as always, but the job was done.

On a side note what an absolute shambles the Melton South ground has continued to be. The ground was very close to being condemned before the game, would have been a great reflection on the league should the first game of the year be called off because of the state of the ground
What was inaccurate about what i said?????
Agreed Sth will keep improving this year.... Darley has been all the talk this pre season so I gave a view (hardly scathing) of the recruits.... For those that didn't/couldn't make the game

Hi all, does anyone have the top 20 BFL players list from Saturdays Ballarat Courier (21-04-2012), I tried there web site but it's not listed.
Cheers.

Hi all, does anyone have the top 20 BFL players list from Saturdays Ballarat Courier (21-04-2012), I tried there web site but it's not listed.
Cheers.

Got the list...
1. A George NC
2. J Cheep S
3. J McNamara NC
4. J Edwards R
5. B Taylor LW
6. J Edwards D
7. D Jordan EP
8. T Cartledge NC
9. T Shea BM
10. P Cariss S
11. R Waight R
12. M Bilton EP
13. M Sutton MS
14. A Baker B
15. R Sleight S
16. B Chambers S
17. G Bell R
18. L Sobotnicki D
19. M Notman MS
20. G Webb LW

Another average list, Jarrod Edwards proved Grand Final day he is a star and definitely ahead of Cheep who has not performed well in any of the finals. Do agree, think George is slightly better value than McNamara despite the medal. Get over Ben Taylor, most overrated player ever, the league and teams know it, a little pressure and he folds like origami, that's why he never gets a midfield spot in interleague games.

J Edwards from Darley surely can't be above players like D Jordan, Waight and Chambers, Edwards came to the league as a big recruit and was handy at best, he needs to prove himself. The other 3 have been consistent over many years and are 3 players that make the difference between East, Redan and Sunbury winning and losing. Fit Jordan and East Point would've been heaps better, Waight when forward and won the grand final in 2011, and Chambers dominated the finals series down back and the injury on grand final day may have been the difference in that one kick result going the other way.

Bit sad that all these recruits get put in high positions, year after year all these free running recruits come in and put on these lists high, and disappoint and can't handle the contested BFL football. Have them as special mentions, put the proven players in the BFL up top.

That being said, Nth City with plenty up high, pressure and high expectations for that club in 2012!
Ps. Thomas from South is unlucky, can find the footy!

How could you put sobotnicki in? has one good game and has come in from a much lesser league.
Porter from Darley would have a much better track record.

Got the list...
1. A George NC
2. J Cheep S
3. J McNamara NC
4. J Edwards R
5. B Taylor LW
6. J Edwards D
7. D Jordan EP
8. T Cartledge NC
9. T Shea BM
10. P Cariss S
11. R Waight R
12. M Bilton EP
13. M Sutton MS
14. A Baker B
15. R Sleight S
16. B Chambers S
17. G Bell R
18. L Sobotnicki D
19. M Notman MS
20. G Webb LW

Another average list, Jarrod Edwards proved Grand Final day he is a star and definitely ahead of Cheep who has not performed well in any of the finals. Do agree, think George is slightly better value than McNamara despite the medal. Get over Ben Taylor, most overrated player ever, the league and teams know it, a little pressure and he folds like origami, that's why he never gets a midfield spot in interleague games.

J Edwards from Darley surely can't be above players like D Jordan, Waight and Chambers, Edwards came to the league as a big recruit and was handy at best, he needs to prove himself. The other 3 have been consistent over many years and are 3 players that make the difference between East, Redan and Sunbury winning and losing. Fit Jordan and East Point would've been heaps better, Waight when forward and won the grand final in 2011, and Chambers dominated the finals series down back and the injury on grand final day may have been the difference in that one kick result going the other way.

Bit sad that all these recruits get put in high positions, year after year all these free running recruits come in and put on these lists high, and disappoint and can't handle the contested BFL football. Have them as special mentions, put the proven players in the BFL up top.

That being said, Nth City with plenty up high, pressure and high expectations for that club in 2012!
Ps. Thomas from South is unlucky, can find the footy!

How could you put sobotnicki in? has one good game and has come in from a much lesser league.
Porter from Darley would have a much better track record.

The original article said that they weren't in order but just a list of Gav McGrath top 20 players in comp in no particular order. But your right in saying that recruits shouldn't be on the list and leave it to the BFL players from previous year. Put the recruits in ones to watch, same with injured players from last year like Porter.

A couple of "upsets" last weekend, Marsh over lakers, and melton defeating darley.

That win would of been sweet for melton, with a few of their ex players there, Edwards brothers, Grenfells, porter. All that money they spent and cant get past melton on your home deck.

Marsh v Darley will be interesting this year

in light of Melton South nearly knocking sunbury off tuesday night (even though sunbury were missing a few) and sebas not getting obliterated by North City , this season looks to be extremely even and interesting.

Very interesting game this week between Bacchus Marsh and Melton the winner starts off 2-0 and sets their season up. Would be interesting who will start favorite.

The Interleague squad was announced:
BALLARAT FOOTBALL LEAGUE SQUAD

BACCHUS MARSH: Tyson Shea, Alec Del Papa, Daniel Velden;

BALLARAT: Garrett Liston, Nick Garner, Shane Hutchinson, Tom Anson;

DARLEY: Darren Leonard, Jake Edwards, Brendan Porter;

EAST POINT: Dan Jordan, Matthew Bilton;

LAKE WENDOUREE: Tim Malone, Ben Taylor;

MELTON: Darren Haby;

MELTON SOUTH: Leigh Burke, Mathew Sutton, Matthew Notman;

NORTH BALLARAT CITY: Jason McNamara, Simon McCartin, Ryan Hobbs, Tyler George, Jake Hicks, Tristan Cartledge, Michael Williams, Shaun Lyle;

REDAN: Dean Chester, Jarrod Edwards, Nathan Horbury, Jarrett Giampaolo, Brendan Peace, Ryan Waight;

SEBASTOPOL: Malcolm Niblett;

SUNBURY: Brett Chambers, Jay Cheep, Pat Cariss, Cameron McCabe, Ross Sleight, Jamie Lobb, Dale Ciunik.

COACH: Shaune Moloney.

ASSISTANT COACH: Ben Jordan, Julian Field, Robbie Waters, Ross Henderson.

The Courier has an article here: http://www.thecourier.com.au/news/l...mes-interleague-team/2544377.aspx?storypage=0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back