Status
Not open for further replies.

jaxbac#13

All Australian
Jan 19, 2007
euroa
AFL Club
Geelong
Very impressed with the side Rushy has named for tomorrow nights match against the gum, with Wicks, Harrop and Damon named on the bench and Douthie, Lloyd and Lambden still to come back in, Rushy will still be a threat to the top sides.

Heard Shane Mitchell has signed at VT and Marcus Dean has left/isn't playing.

Apologies for bringing them up again.

Good luck with the re-registration Keegs, will be interested to hear what the process is and how it unfolds.
Gidday Tav, Sparra is spot on with Marcus hurting his knee in a wakeboarding accident, as for Shane Mitchell he looks like a lively type, have you played footy with or against him as l heard he spent a few years at the bullants..Do you think he is any good?

T.Perry

All Australian
Oct 26, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Rushy Tigers
Gidday Tav, Sparra is spot on with Marcus hurting his knee in a wakeboarding accident, as for Shane Mitchell he looks like a lively type, have you played footy with or against him as l heard he spent a few years at the bullants..Do you think he is any good?

Hey jax, Shane and I played 2yrs together at the bullants and he was an exceptional player. He went back and dominated at Heidelberg for a while, but moved clubs a lot after that and last time I saw him he wasn't playing and was spending time on his carpentry business.

He was a beautiful kick and quite quick, but he's very small. Not sure how he'll go, like I said, couldn't tell you where he's played the last 5yrs and how he's gone, but could be a real surprise packet for you.

T.Perry

All Australian
Oct 26, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Rushy Tigers
Interesting start to the kdl season, Rushy were happy with their performance against the dogs, with an even spread of goal kickers & a good all round team effort.

Nagambie and undera were close at half time, then the saints unleashed. Undera's team list looked pretty strong (similar to last year) and lots of unknown names in nagaz best players and goal kickers. Is misiti any relation to smoking Joe...??

Murch kicked 7 in the third quarter to nearly get over VT, who seemed to be very close to full strength (?). Durward kicked 5, pat horsborough obviously dominated. Looking forward to a review from Joe mama.

Gig would've been happy to be 2 goals down to Stanhope at 3/4 time, but the lions put the foot down after that. A few new names in stanhope's side, too, Hank or Earl..? I see foley played, too, wasn't he going elsewhere, macorna or something??

A sensational year is unfolding in the kdl. Perhaps VT will get more of a challenge from lanky, Rushy, nagambie, & Murch than first thought...?

Incredibly, none of those 2 sides face off in round 2, looks a pretty uneven round, will be interesting to see how Stanhope cope with lanky.

jaxbac#13

All Australian
Jan 19, 2007
euroa
AFL Club
Geelong
Interesting start to the kdl season, Rushy were happy with their performance against the dogs, with an even spread of goal kickers & a good all round team effort.

Nagambie and undera were close at half time, then the saints unleashed. Undera's team list looked pretty strong (similar to last year) and lots of unknown names in nagaz best players and goal kickers. Is misiti any relation to smoking Joe...??

Murch kicked 7 in the third quarter to nearly get over VT, who seemed to be very close to full strength (?). Durward kicked 5, pat horsborough obviously dominated. Looking forward to a review from Joe mama.

Gig would've been happy to be 2 goals down to Stanhope at 3/4 time, but the lions put the foot down after that. A few new names in stanhope's side, too, Hank or Earl..? I see foley played, too, wasn't he going elsewhere, macorna or something??

A sensational year is unfolding in the kdl. Perhaps VT will get more of a challenge from lanky, Rushy, nagambie, & Murch than first thought...?

Incredibly, none of those 2 sides face off in round 2, looks a pretty uneven round, will be interesting to see how Stanhope cope with lanky.
An awesome game, Murch are an impressive young side that will surely finish top 3 if they stay injury free. Lost Jake Williams before the game with an infected hand injury but there is still alot of improvement in the squad. Craig Whelan looked good in patches and will improve from the run as he hasn't played footy for awhile as will Sagey who also looked ok.

GrassKat

Spec Moderator
Dec 15, 2006
Toolamba
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Murchison-Toolamba FNC
An awesome game, Murch are an impressive young side that will surely finish top 3 if they stay injury free. Lost Jake Williams before the game with an infected hand injury but there is still alot of inprovement in the squad. Craig Whelan looked good in patches and will improve from the run as he hasn't played footy for awhile as will Sagey who also looked ok.

Horsborough and Lee were productive. Great game of footy, VT responded well in the 4th qtr. Also great to see ONE FM covering the game.

Joeyboy

Senior List
Apr 28, 2006
Tooborac
AFL Club
St Kilda

Brother

Chickenwing09

Cancelled
Mar 25, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Video Evidence​
(1) The tribunal and or Area Appeals Committee
should admit video evidence if such evidence
is available.
(2) The club which intends to rely on the video
evidence (“The Club”) must provide a copy
of such evidence to the league secretary at
least 24hrs prior to the hearing.
(3) At the hearing the league secretary must
provide opportunity for all interested parties
to view the video evidence prior to the
commencement of the hearing.
(4) It shall be a condition of admissibility of the
video evidence that the club shall make
available the person who recorded the video
of the incident for examination by the tribunal
and any interested party.
(5) Subsequent to the viewing of video evidence
but prior to the commencement of the
hearing, the reporting official may elect to​
withdraw the report.

what i did was totally wrong an embarassing but if you read the video evidence requirements you will see that video evidence had to be delivered to league secretary 24hrs prior to hearing an it wasn't an because i had pig headed ppl representing me at tribunal they screwed me over i have hearing date at start off may so it gives a little more time to get fit i am confident i will be wearing number 44 for ardmona once again an will not get sucked into any nonsense..

ps. there maybe a few spelling mistakes ahhahahahahahahahaha CARN THE BUSHCATS hahahahaha

Joe Mama

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2001
Everywhere you want to be
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Mernda, Murch/Toolamba, Man City

Sadly, I wasn't at the game (previous engagement SEEING THE LIONS WIN AT THE MCG:D), But, i did catch some of the action on the radio (via the internet through ONEFM), and it seemed like it was a very close throughout, and the write up for both sides in Monday's Shepparton News was very positive (especially about Tom Durward, who in a few weeks will have his brother, Terry joining him up forward).

From the reports that I have read and heard, there were a lot of positives to come out of the game for both sides, Murchison for knowing that they can mix it with the big dogs this season, and for Violet Town for knowing what they have to do to suceed in 2012, against a side that might play against come September.

Earl Hickey

Team Captain
Nov 12, 2009
Shepparton
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Lebron James

Was a great game down at gig til the final quarter, when we pulled away with it. Thought that may have been the other way around with the amount of fitness work Patto put his boys through but in the end we were able to run out the game strongly. Micka Coad and Cobey Aynsley both look good up forward, young Brad Allot was serviceable as a second ruckman too. The standout was Tom Hepburn who was playing in only his 2nd senior game, dominated the backline, but having said that the whole back 6 played a bloody great game. Axle decided to stay probably a week before the season started I believe so that was very handy. The young players in the side all played well which is a big plus for us and will make it harder for guys to break into the side if they can continue with that form

Will be a much bigger task against Lanky, but the boys played well on saturday and certainly enjoyed themselves that night!

The Scribe

Senior List
Mar 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
The first half of the Nagambie vs Undera match was a pretty tight contest before we pulled away in the second half for a comfortable win. We took our chances in front of goal to open up a 4 goal lead at the half but the margin would have been much closer if Undera had of kicked straight.

I thought our pressure & zones for the whole match were really good, even in the last quarter when it seemed to be one way traffic. It was good to see some new faces to club perform well us, Rick Misiti in the ruck and the Connors boys through the middle & up forward were good all day. Young Hayden Heathcote played his first senior game & showed he will be a super player.

Thought Jack Hutton was our best keeping La Porta quiet all day & Mick Shiels played a solid game onball. For Undera Fidock was very good across half back. Godsy provided some good rebound out of defence & Big Show took some grabs across half forward but let himself down with his kicking.

Miffey

Rookie
Feb 21, 2012
Nagambie
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Updated Sportsbet markets:

Violet Town 3.00
Lancaster 3.60
Nagambie 5.50
Murchison 5.50
Rushworth 9.00
Stanhope 15.00
Avenel 21.00
Tallygaroopna 21.00
Undera 34.00
Ardmona 101.00
Merrigum 151.00
Girgarre 151.00
Longwood 151.00

Violet Town have drifted from their opening quote of 2.50 and Murch have come in from 13.00. Lancaster/Nagambie have moved little/none. They've got the top 6 correct I would say, Undera may finish a bit higher, for mine it will be a Murch/Nagambie Grand Final.

jaxbac#13

All Australian
Jan 19, 2007
euroa
AFL Club
Geelong
Updated Sportsbet markets:

Violet Town 3.00
Lancaster 3.60
Nagambie 5.50
Murchison 5.50
Rushworth 9.00
Stanhope 15.00
Avenel 21.00
Tallygaroopna 21.00
Undera 34.00
Ardmona 101.00
Merrigum 151.00
Girgarre 151.00
Longwood 151.00

Violet Town have drifted from their opening quote of 2.50 and Murch have come in from 13.00. Lancaster/Nagambie have moved little/none. They've got the top 6 correct I would say, Undera may finish a bit higher, for mine it will be a Murch/Nagambie Grand Final.
s**t thats awesome. If we beat Longwood and then Stanhope we might blow out to 7.00. We best not lose or we may become unbackable.:D

John Carrot

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2007
Redlegs and Blue Country
AFL Club
Essendon
A coupla salient points after the first round.

To do with the haves and have nots of egostical views of those who push for a KDFL league of development.
As against those promoting a “professionalism” for the KDFL to build to become a possible major league by paying money to players from level two of major leagues; and beyond, to suck the living enthusiasm out of the bottom 4 maybe five on the ladder.
What is this concept of “professionalism”; as against footy development, when you have no idea what happens when you buy the premiership ..”.
Then the ask falls out of the nightie as people around your Club; who are working for nothing, burnout and give you the bird?

This was published locally around Longwood Redlegs Country .. wonder what might be said after Easter?

LANCASTER BOMBS LONGWOOD

~ However the blitz was not unexpected with many outsiders predicting that last year’s premiers would kick 50 goals with the Redlegs not to get one!!

~ .. with deference to the payrolls of both Clubs, Longwood did well to restrict Lancaster to “only” 25 goals..

And 29 goals in the reserves.

Whacko egotists!!
I would have the same feeling in the winner’s circles celebration as the Poms with their (..huh!) “world game” of soccer. Imagine if soccer was the big game in country footy. Everyone celebrates and discusses and evaluates a “NIL ALL” draw. For phwarksake!!

I’m still pounding the beat about the point of excessive salaries to Duck Egg District Footy players!!

For Cripes Sake don’t kill the duck who laid the Golden Egg .. the Duck probably got shot and eaten last month anyway!! Or was that Wayne..?

Cheers John Carrot
ps. No offence duck shooters .. I support you in the wetlands in times like now!! But now move to Foxes (..not Dave from FM footy) and wild dogs as shown in this weeks Weekly Times!! Cheers John Carot

John Carrot

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2007
Redlegs and Blue Country
AFL Club
Essendon
Shirl with the Curl from the Shyhooks sang a great song about when you were about a twinkle in your Dad's eye JT. Or were you wearing the brand new plastic nappies by then!! "Ego is such a dirty word .. don't you believe what you've seen and you've heard .. Ego is such a dirty word!!
Cheers JT .. from John Carrot

jaxbac#13

All Australian
Jan 19, 2007
euroa
AFL Club
Geelong
Shirl with the Curl from the Shyhooks sang a great song about when you were about a twinkle in your Dad's eye JT. Or were you wearing the brand new plastic nappies by then!! "Ego is such a dirty word .. don't you believe what you've seen and you've heard .. Ego is such a dirty word!!
Cheers JT .. from John Carrot
I must be a dumb phuka as l have no idea what you are on about.:confused::confused:

sparra

All Australian
Nov 16, 2005
down a dirt track
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
country footy
I must be a dumb phuka as l have no idea what you are on about.:confused::confused:

You are only a little bit dumb, but what JC is trying to say (I think) is that football after all is only an ego trip for those that are in it only for the money and not the social enjoyment.

But then I might be a dumb phuka too. I reckon your mob might be a good bet on the weekend, pretty good odds as the hawks are favourites.

John Carrot

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2007
Redlegs and Blue Country
AFL Club
Essendon
G’day JTJax and Sparra ..
Just using that wooden spoon we haven’t won yet .. (yet??) to add to a couple of salient points and stir the possum soup before next week at Redlegs Stadium!! See you there.
Cheers cobbers .. John Carrot

John Carrot

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2007
Redlegs and Blue Country
AFL Club
Essendon
Watching the Royal Children's Hospital appeal tonight after phoning in my bit during the day. Now over $10m on the way to beat $15m.
And they have now changed to an AFL panel to read the donations. Got a feeling they might not read out my name??

Wouldn't it be good if every paid player in "district" footy .. for that matter .. award winners as well, donated 50% of their tax free cash match payment this or next weekend to the RCH. I know from experience how much that money means.

I also know that it won't happen as if it did .. the spike in the donations would reveal the cashie culture of player's demands to play low level DISTRICT footy.

Two salient points made ..eh .. RCH is a brilliant point .. the second is a conscience vote.
Cheers John Carrot

jaxbac#13

All Australian
Jan 19, 2007
euroa
AFL Club
Geelong
what the hell happened out at Tally, Are the bushcats that bad or did Tally have a day out and are underestimated.Also see that the thirds forfeited their game,the year dosen't look too bright for Ardy. Also is it true that Avenel don't have a thirds side, perhaps jobbyav could shed some light.

jobbyav

Senior List
Aug 12, 2007
Avenel
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Avenel Broadford Tongala
yep we are in trouble
Yea Alex Avenel all with no thirds
Did hear Yea pulled the pin late last year after the Euroa coach pinched there better footballers?
Also heard a few Alex boys travelling to Seymour for a game

John Carrot

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2007
Redlegs and Blue Country
AFL Club
Essendon
Ran into a Euroa Footy bloke at the Corner Shop (best takeaway tucker in Euroa!) and I had my usual whinge to this bloke about the curse of players demanding "salaries" to play DISTRICT footy while major leagues/TAC/VFL are the main steps to AFL .. paid .. as it should be. Meanwhile district players should get cost recompense and awards for genuine performance on match day .. fairly simple ..eh?
I finished by saying that I see the VCFL ..or whoever is in charge ..are wanting to eliminate Longwood and Violet Town to filter into Euroa; Avenel, maybe Murch and Nagambie to filter into Seymour to at least sustain the higher leagues with the money. Not an unworthy analysis in these days of 2012 .. eh?

I was flabbergasted when this mate responded; as he collected his fish and chips, "You may find that the Euroa Magpies and Seymour may have to go the other way because of the money we have to pay as a Major League Club in the GVFL" . He bought his own fish and chips .. I didn't bribe him to say that!!! Cheers John Carrot

Punt Road Feral

Premiership Player
Aug 23, 2007
Punt Road's Manure Pit
AFL Club
Richmond
yep we are in trouble
Yea Alex Avenel all with no thirds
Did hear Yea pulled the pin late last year after the Euroa coach pinched there better footballers?
Also heard a few Alex boys travelling to Seymour for a game

That's absolutely terrible that between places like Bonnie Doon, Thornton, Alex and Yea that Seymour is the closest option for a game of footy for kids :(
I guess the kids in Avenel have the options of nearby Nagambie and Seymour.

GrassKat

Spec Moderator
Dec 15, 2006
Toolamba
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Murchison-Toolamba FNC
For those who haven't checked out the O&KFL 3rds situation, it is worth a read. 14 clubs but only 5 thirds teams.

Some huge issues in junior footy ATM. This trend will transpire into Senior ranks across the board and more footy clubs will struggle to survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back