Preview Bulldogs 2012 Supercoach & Dreamteam-FAQ

BLUES9898

All Australian
Sep 11, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
man united new york giants
Will Dickson Get the Green vest alot this year?

Do you think C.Smith has better job security/vest avoidance than, say, Port's Wingard?
Wingard is a better kick, he's playing in a struggling team and will probably get more game time, but he's also more expensive than Smith. Your call :)

Will Dickson Get the Green vest alot this year?
Too early to tell. Promising scores in the NAB cup, but whether he'll keep his spot is anyone's guess. Oh and BTW....

Captain Pendlebury FTW!!! :thumbsu::thumbsu::D:D:D

Jordie_tackles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2009
G-town
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MCFC, COBC, GWFC, TFC
Ckay Smith seemed to get limited game time during the NAB? was this just rotation or will he continue to get subbed alot? he was killing it until 3qt?

Lake did OK this week and I resisted the urge to trade him. I think he will only improve, especially when Marko takes the backline role and gives Lake the opportunity to run out with the ball.

Ryan Hargrave, He landed awkwardly on his leg late in the last quarter.

Is he going to be fine for next week?

Where is Howard's injury at time wise out of the club ?
Thanks in advance.

3 or 4 weeks.

Where does Dickson sit in the Doggies' structure going forward?

Being very unsettled atm, I don't think there is much certainty around our forward structure. I can't see him moving into the midfield a whole lot this year, so if he plays, he will play predominantly as a forward.

Definitely hasn't cemented a spot in the 22 yet, but 2 early games is a good sign I guess.

Will he continue to be at high risk of the sub vest?

As an outsider I see the Doggies as having a weakness in the forward line, and it's got me buggered why players like Grant and Dickson are starting as your subs. Either you need them there or you don't!

Will he continue to be at high risk of the sub vest?

As an outsider I see the Doggies as having a weakness in the forward line, and it's got me buggered why players like Grant and Dickson are starting as your subs. Either you need them there or you don't!

It's been questioned by us as well. You'd think a midfielder would be a better sub.

I'd say yes, he'd be in danger of being sub quite a bit. Forward line is easily our biggest weakness, so that would lead to him getting a fair bit of opportunity. If he doesn't perform for a full game though, the sub vest could very likely come. Doesn't have a huge tank atm, so I would worry about his ability to play a full game out at a high level.

EyeloveRichmond

Team Captain
Mar 16, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Some help would be much appreciated. Wanted C.Smith before the season started, opted out due to a few opinions from this board (ie, his disposal eff, etc..). I have Cameron who i am going to trade out and am wanting C.Smith in (can do this via dpp trade).

Is Clay still a good option to trade in? Does he have decent job security? Would T.Greene from GWS be a better option? Any opinions on who is more likely to get more games would be appreciated heaps. Also i have T.Dickson and am very surprised he he was dropped this week. Only came on in the last qtr last week and scored 39? Hasn't had much of a chance. Thanks.:thumbsu:

Will Dickson struggle to get back into the team?
He'll have tough competition for his spot - unfortunate for your team and mine - and may not get a regular game. Keep him for now and use this week's trades to replace underperforming guns with promising rookies. Also about Clay Smith, his r1 score was boosted by 4 goals, which was a one off. He could be dropped in the next few weeks.

gs17

Club Legend
Western Bulldogs - Christian Howard/Mark Austin 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 8, 2008
NSW
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Some help would be much appreciated. Wanted C.Smith before the season started, opted out due to a few opinions from this board (ie, his disposal eff, etc..). I have Cameron who i am going to trade out and am wanting C.Smith in (can do this via dpp trade).

Is Clay still a good option to trade in? Does he have decent job security? Would T.Greene from GWS be a better option? Any opinions on who is more likely to get more games would be appreciated heaps. Also i have T.Dickson and am very surprised he he was dropped this week. Only came on in the last qtr last week and scored 39? Hasn't had much of a chance. Thanks.:thumbsu:
If you can get Greene in I would, Smith could be sub quite often as well as be in and out of the team. If you can get Greene in before this weekend you will also get more of a price rise with that player.

EyeloveRichmond

Team Captain
Mar 16, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
If you can get Greene in I would, Smith could be sub quite often as well as be in and out of the team. If you can get Greene in before this weekend you will also get more of a price rise with that player.

Thank u very much. I can get both in & my heart wants both but worried what you just said about his job security.:thumbsu:

You would think that the Bullies would be willing to try anything ATM.
Can anyone see him as a potential fix in the forward line soon? \

Cheers:footy:

If we keep going like we are, I'd imagine he will get another shot soon. Was playing pretty well for Willi on the weekend, before he was pulled out and went to Etihad.

Back