Discussion 2012 Supercoach & Dreamteam

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on Jamie Cripps. Is he likely to get plenty of games early and what do you guys expect him to average in DT?

EDIT: Sorry just saw posts basically answering this question above

G'day Saints........all the best for the year.

Have one spot left to decide on Hayes / Dangerfield (MID 5 Spot). Love Lenny and have been burnt by Dangerfield.

Not sure which way to go?

It wont take Lenny long to be back racking up premium scores.

Do you start out with him in your side? - I truly don't know

I don't have him yet - but that just might be poor judgement on my behalf

I do intend to trade him in at some stage - once I get the balance right for the bye rounds.

Upside to Dangerman is versatility, as a fwd/mid he can be shifted around your team more easily. That said, Lenny will trounce him for scores (I was burnt last year too)

It wont take Lenny long to be back racking up premium scores.

Do you start out with him in your side? - I truly don't know

I don't have him yet - but that just might be poor judgement on my behalf

I do intend to trade him in at some stage - once I get the balance right for the bye rounds.

my thinking with lenny is that he has shown all signs he is fit and good to go. so, at his price (in both DT and SC) he is a bargain from the start with a view to upgrading to a premium mid on the $ you make from him. if you have a few $ in the bank, you can achieve this in the first 4 - 6 games i reckon thus not overexposing the perceived risk he presents regarding his knee. having said this i don't have him and spent the extra 100k on cotchin.

can I get your thoughts on both Geary and Cripps for supercoach? will only pick one and I have Cripps atm, both best 22?

Thanks.

Siposs or Cripps - leaning more towards Jamie as he is a Northampton boy so need this bias knocked out of me with a balanced point of view from saint supporters.
Tough call, Siposs is the player who would get subbed off (unless his fitness has improved remarkably since last year), Cripps got dubbed the 'super-sub' last year for his ability to come on and have an impact so he may be used in that capacity again.

DT - Cripps is more likely to get more possessions, SC - Siposs because he's a superb user of the ball (not that either is a slouch in those areas).

can I get your thoughts on both Geary and Cripps for supercoach? will only pick one and I have Cripps atm, both best 22?

Thanks.
Geary will spend more time on the field, his fitness levels are superb, top three in the club. That said, his disposal can be lacking, Cripps is a better user of the ball and more likely to play midfield and forward, maybe score the odd goal. Supercoach I'd take Cripps.

Saad is fine. He is playing in the reserves.

The St Kilda FC have so many promising new players that they have to be rostered into the team. All will get a chance and those that shine might hold their spot forcing out a senior player.

It would be irresponsible of the new coaching staff to play too many newcomers at the same time - so they are taking the conservative approach.

Cripps, prime candidate for the vest or will he get a decent chance this year to play full games?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posting in bold wont get question answered any quicker!!!

Who knows if he will, pretty good odds he will due to fact he has played every single game as sub. But with Milera in side he might cop the vest.

Any hope for montagna returning to his dt form of 2009 and 2010? Had a great first half against port but really went missing in the second. Will montagna be benefited by hayes being back in the team or has he had a role change since the days of 09 and 10?

so hes still playing the same role as in 09-10? I heard that the reason he had a down last year was because lyon made him play the role hayes usually plays. Any truth to that?

He's more than capable of winning the hard ball but it would be stupid to not have him make use of his strongest asset which is his run and carry.

He had a disappointing second half today which is hopefully an abberation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back