Round 2 Vs Adelaide - Selector's Table

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon it might be an idea to have Tutt or Sherman as the sub, bring them on in the 3rd quarter and get them to run for their lives. Exploit their pace so they can break the lines. Grant needs a whole game, preferably up forward.

DragzLS1

Team Captain
Nov 16, 2011
Williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
Reckon it might be an idea to have Tutt or Sherman as the sub, bring them on in the 3rd quarter and get them to run for their lives. Exploit their pace so they can break the lines. Grant needs a whole game, preferably up forward.

I agree bring Tutt on about 5 minutes into the 3rd Quarter like we did for his debut and he kicked 3 goals straight :p Seeing that he is unfit and can not run out a full game as of yet think he would be the perfect impact player we have. Very fast and has a great kick on him (with a bit more size this year)

Grant to play full game as he has pace and height and might be able to use that to his advantage against the not soo fast Adelaide backline..

Will be tough but this game will noly be won by that 1 or 2 goals that we sneak in on teh counter attack with pace over the press..

gs17

Club Legend
Western Bulldogs - Christian Howard/Mark Austin 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 8, 2008
NSW
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I agree bring Tutt on about 5 minutes into the 3rd Quarter like we did for his debut and he kicked 3 goals straight :p Seeing that he is unfit and can not run out a full game as of yet think he would be the perfect impact player we have. Very fast and has a great kick on him (with a bit more size this year)

Grant to play full game as he has pace and height and might be able to use that to his advantage against the not soo fast Adelaide backline..

Will be tough but this game will noly be won by that 1 or 2 goals that we sneak in on teh counter attack with pace over the press..
Didn't Tutt play the full game against Port? I'm sure I remember him kicking the first two goals of the game.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
I watched the entire game being in perth and thought Wallis was poor and Howard got injured. Obviousily missing Griffen he returns with the same injury as magner, who played alright in his debut after the same rest as griffen vs brisbane. Than i think you lacked another tall and that extra versatility Cordy is that man.

The last thing you want is Tutt as an emergency and he comes on 1min into the game and needs to play the full game out, with an extra tall you can ill afford that to happen. I think Dickson is a better sub candidate than Grant and can go through the middle aswell.

Maybe swap Higgins and Murphy, not really sure class up forward is that much of a problem and i personally see Higgins as a classy type anyway.

How far away is Morris?

Get Picken to tag Dangerfield, you might need someone decent on sloane played as that midfield extra half forward. Theres two ways you could attack him, play hargrave/Wood on him and zone off as he pushed high or play a defensive HBF who can push up into that midfiled and is okay around clearances. Id like to see the first option so Markovic and Lake can be helped more. Lake needs to play CHB, probably on Tippett if he plays higher up and Markovic on Walker.

I also think Callinan has been very important for the crows, maybe Wood could do a number on him.

staphy

Cancelled
Western Bulldogs - Honeychurch/Austin/Prudden Player Sponsor 2014 Western Bulldogs - Christian Howard/Mark Austin 2012 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2008
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would not be surprised to see Gilbee come in this week for Howard, he was named in the best for Willi.

BRG93

The Beacon of BigFooty
Artist Western Bulldogs - Honeychurch/Austin/Prudden Player Sponsor 2014
Aug 27, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
(FB)
Addison Lake Murphy

(HB)
Hargrave Jones Markovic

(C)
Wood Libertore Dickson

(HF)
Cooney Cordy Dahlhaus

(FF)
Djerkurra Panos [FONT=&quot]Giansiracusa[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Followers[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Minson[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Boyd[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Picken[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bench[/FONT]
Griffen
Smith
Cross

Sub
Veszpremi

Emergencies
Tutt
Gilbee

Sherman

Thought I would throw the team around and see what people think

staphy

Cancelled
Western Bulldogs - Honeychurch/Austin/Prudden Player Sponsor 2014 Western Bulldogs - Christian Howard/Mark Austin 2012 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2008
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In: Gilbee ,Tutt

Out Howard, Grant

Griffen to still miss with his hand

Would not be surprised to see Gilbee come in this week for Howard, he was named in the best for Willi.
Who by ... Mrs Gilbee? The usual sources had Djerrkura, Cordy and Campbell among Willi's best. No mention of Gilbee.

staphy

Cancelled
Jun 2, 2008
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Who by ... Mrs Gilbee? The usual sources had Djerrkura, Cordy and Campbell among Willi's best. No mention of Gilbee.

The Hun next day , smart ass

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
And yet the VFL sources think differently.

Best Players: N. Djerrkura, S. Witkowski, A. Cordy, J. McNamara, T. Campbell, B. Jolley

Williamstown website

Best: Cordy, Jolley, Campbell, Djerrkura,
Roberts, McNamara, Hooper, Goodes, Witkowski.

Would like to see Cordy get a gig, liked what I saw in the NAB cup. You would suspect that if Griffen is right to play he will be an instant inclusion due to Howard being injured.

Can't really comment on who should be In and Out as I couldn't watch the game, but would be interested to see how we would go with 3 talls.

Mattie Lyons

Senior List
Aug 3, 2007
London
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Macca only making the one forced change. Would have liked to have seen an extra tall, but looks like that isn't the policy. Side looks a lot better with Griffen.

B: Addison Lake Hargrave
HB:Murphy Markovich Picken
C: Cross Boyd Smith
HF: Higgins Jones Dahlhaus
F: Giansiracusa Roughead Cooney
Foll: Minson Griffen Liberatore
Int: Grant Wallis Wood Sub: Dickson
Emerg: Djerrkurra Panos Cordy

In: Griffen
Out: Howard (knee)

gs17

Club Legend
Western Bulldogs - Christian Howard/Mark Austin 2012 Player Sponsor
Feb 8, 2008
NSW
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Doesn't the team come out today?

Kennel Master

All Australian
Sep 8, 2003
East Fremantle
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Agree with the selection.

At some point in the year Cordy and Skinner need to be selected.

But not at this point.

Sorry to disagree but we need to include a big who can defend- we were caught out last week and with Tippet, Walker and whoever we need some insurance. Cordy must be a chance, Pearce got a wrap, so whatever.
I would include Cordy who gives us some flexibility as he can play a number of roles.

KM

Macca only making the one forced change. Would have liked to have seen an extra tall, but looks like that isn't the policy. Side looks a lot better with Griffen.

B: Addison Lake Hargrave
HB:Murphy Markovich Picken
C: Cross Boyd Smith
HF: Higgins Jones Dahlhaus
F: Giansiracusa Roughead Cooney
Foll: Minson Griffen Liberatore
Int: Grant Wallis Wood Sub: Dickson
Emerg: Djerrkurra Panos Cordy

In: Griffen
Out: Howard (knee)

:confused:

If this is off the footy show it is not official.

Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sorry to disagree but we need to include a big who can defend- we were caught out last week and with Tippet, Walker and whoever we need some insurance. Cordy must be a chance, Pearce got a wrap, so whatever.
I would include Cordy who gives us some flexibility as he can play a number of roles.

KM

No need to be sorry.

But why Cordy? I see him more of a ruck/forward. Not a tall defender. If we were to inject another tall defender then wouldn't it be one of Hill or Talia?

If Cordy were in then it'd be at the expense of Roughy. He is far more of a prospect up forward.

Our defence got stitched up last week, no question. But you've gotta back the boys in. I think Marko and Lake will account for themselves better as I don't rate Tippet or Walker as highly as Kennedy.

Kennel Master

All Australian
Sep 8, 2003
East Fremantle
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
No need to be sorry.

But why Cordy? I see him more of a ruck/forward. Not a tall defender. If we were to inject another tall defender then wouldn't it be one of Hill or Talia?

If Cordy were in then it'd be at the expense of Roughy. He is far more of a prospect up forward.

Our defence got stitched up last week, no question. But you've gotta back the boys in. I think Marko and Lake will account for themselves better as I don't rate Tippet or Walker as highly as Kennedy.

I only suggested Cordy because he was in form last week and I think he has played back last year. And he gives us some flexibility.
I would be happy if they gave Talia a run because he is a future CHB and seems a ready made player.

My main point was we need another tall. Don't want to be caught out again!

KM

Aug 15, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Just to re-iterate what 100action has said - the footy show teams are just guesses. Official squad out tonight.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Cordy named up forward. In saying that, 3 rucks might be a bit heavy so I also wouldn't be surprised to see a Skinner or even a Panos instead of Cordy. Our forward line structure HAS to change from last week. That much was obvious.

As for the defensive - I agree with Royale, we have to back them and they'll improve.

CrozaN

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 5, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
In all honesty why not play Cordy full forward?

He is tall, agile, sure he may not have enough muscle to out contest a full back, but he has the height advantage and worst case scenario he makes a contest.

I am sick of constantly playing Jones and Grant for them to do nothing, impact wise, in the game.

We seriously need to find a new avenue to goal, otherwise we are going to struggle big time this year.

PROMOTE TOMMY CAMPBELL!!!! :thumbsu:

adam10

Premiership Player
Mar 1, 2008
melb
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool
Hopefully we get Griffen in for Howard, but I also want to see one of DJ/Tutt/Sherman come in for Wallis, he wasn't to bad last week but we already have enough of him. Think when Cross move on that'll be his big chance.

I'd give the backline a couple more weeks and if it really does struggle then we'd have to think about bringing in Hill/Talia. Send Marko to Tippet, Lake to Walker. Would get Picken to tag Dangerfield out of the game hopefully and let Boyd go head to head with Thompson.

Dalhaus Jones Cooney
Grant Roughead Gia

I'd give that forward line a go from the start and see how it goes, Higgins and Dickson to come into it as well, if Jones had of kicked the two pies last week our forward line wouldn't have looked as bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back