AFL Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Phili Eagles + Sixers
I hate the Essendon game this week, really couldn't come up with a conclusive result on it.

North win in your multi just for value? :D

Yeah it was a per leg bonus multi. So instead of a 4% bonus it was 5%. Not much really but no reason not to chuck it in.

I think you may be overrating Ports improvement and underestimating how poor StKilda were. Essendon are a better team than the Saints and looked in far better form on the weekend. Essendon should win. Not 100% sure on the line but definitely confident on the win. Plus Butcher is now out.

Thedeftouch

Club Legend
May 5, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not sure if its been mentioned but just seen this on the AFL website

BOOKMAKERS are now banned from offering odds greater than 40-1 for the first goalkicker in a match under a new AFL directive.

The AFL announced on Friday it had advised its wagering partners of the change, which had been introduced after a review of integrity issues relating to this bet type.

The AFL said bookmakers could now choose how many players they wished to offer in their first-goal markets for each match.

However, the League said these changes to first-goal betting would not apply to finals.

This is a reasonable compromise, imo

Lyyynnnchy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
London, UK
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah it was a per leg bonus multi. So instead of a 4% bonus it was 5%. Not much really but no reason not to chuck it in.

I think you may be overrating Ports improvement and underestimating how poor StKilda were. Essendon are a better team than the Saints and looked in far better form on the weekend. Essendon should win. Not 100% sure on the line but definitely confident on the win. Plus Butcher is now out.

Trengrove is back though. Nearly an even swap. I really rate Ports midfield. Ports back line is their weakest point and if Reiwoldt, Kozi, Milne and Schneider can't turn it in to a winning score Hurley, Hille plus whoever plays as the small forward doesn't fill me with much confidence. Ports midfield breaks even IMO and with Esssendons outs I can see Port kicking a winning score.

Essendon to most likely win but $1.20 is waayyyy to short. IMO Essendons and Carltons odds should be swapped around.

HurlsMeister18

Club Legend
May 9, 2011
Full Back
AFL Club
Essendon
Trengrove is back though. Nearly an even swap. I really rate Ports midfield. Ports back line is their weakest point and if Reiwoldt, Kozi, Milne and Schneider can't turn it in to a winning score Hurley, Hille plus whoever plays as the small forward doesn't fill me with much confidence. Ports midfield breaks even IMO and with Esssendons outs I can see Port kicking a winning score.

Essendon to most likely win but $1.20 is waayyyy to short. IMO Essendons and Carltons odds should be swapped around.

Odds are so short for the Dons for the simple reason Port has been terrible away from home for in recent times and Essendon play Etihad very well(beat Geelong and Eagles last year). Essendon's forward line is a lot more potent than St Kilda's and we had 67 inside 50's for 34 scoring shots last week and something like the second most marks inside 50 for the round. Along with Hurley and Hille who you named we also have Ryder float down there along with Crameri and Monfries always plays well against Port. I have the Dons in all my multi's at over 15.5 but get the feeling we could end up with a 10 goal win. Carlisle is about an even swap for Hooker possibly better and we didn't miss Hocking too much last week.

Sep 24, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Phili Eagles + Sixers

Hmm I agree Trengrove back is a good addition to their team but I think Butcher is more important. Put's more pressure on Shulz and Westoff now. Also no Gray back.

I thought Reiwoldt was horrible last week. Didn't take much stopping at all. Kosi looked dangerous when the ball was kicked correctly to him and Schneider didn't play. Hurley, Ryder/Hille, Crameri and Zaharakis look just as dangerous for mine. Hocking out is worrying but they did play without him basically all last week as well.

I was also impressed with Ports midfield. Can't see Hartlett getting given so much space this weekend but their depth with Ebert and Mcarthy looks great.

I do believe this may be a close game but i'm confident Essendon can get the win.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Ports midfield is no where near essendons

Stanton continues to go to a new level as does Watson he will soon be recognized as an elite of the comp like top 10. Howlett, Myers are very good bullocking midfielders Lonergan can do what Hocking can do another bullocking type. Than class of Zaka, Heppell and Melky on the outside.

Port have Boak, Thomas, Pearce, Cassisi, Ebert and McCarthy.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
People are going very light on with westcoast, if they win by less than 45 i would be very surprised. There game is so hard to beat. NN to onballers, centre clearance bomb deep to forward 50, entire team forward press and pressure until they score. Repeat. Melbourne cant stop that, they dont have any skills to get the footy out quick enough.

For dreamteam i see little value in betting on them so i wont

Redden to beat black

Judd to beat Gibbs

Murphy to beat Rockliff easily

All look really good atm

Piss Poor

Cancelled
Aug 27, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Reckon my bet could be over 1st up. Carlton starting to look like this could blow out over 39 points, need them to take the gas off a little or they will go over.

baywatch5

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Lakers, Cowboys, Angels
2nd H - LIONS +20.5 (x1)
(Lions Down 21 @ Half. GL LIONS +41.5)

Sep 24, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Phili Eagles + Sixers
And that would be why Carlton were my most confident bet :thumbsu:

Was a good night. One of my main bets got up, Murphy over Rockliff and Adcock under 91.5 was never in doubt. Also only need 3 and 4 out of the remaining 8 games for my boxed multis. Good start.

doddy87

Senior List
Apr 14, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Good week last week!

Carlton V Brisbane
Tonight games just hitting total match score over 191.5+
They both missed easy goals and looked free scoring last week

So far this year we have seen much higher scores :thumbsu:

Played out just as I thought... first quarter really set it up!
Always good to get off to a big win first up!

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Very happy with my -17.5 and -38.5 on carlton

Tipped them by 62 and as many know i kept saying they will pants brisbane.

Also seeing a trend with the blues that they start slow and continually get better and better.

Carlton vs Collingwood could be a ripper that you shouldnt bet on unless there is real value.

Oct 6, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Patriots, Golden State, Wildcats
lost on the Brisbane +20.5 handicap, Carlton played too good.

I dont think Brisbane were that bad in the 1st half and actually gave a good account of themselves. Carlton will be thereabouts come end of this year and I price them as favourites irrespective of what Collingwood do tommorow night. It seems to me also that Carlton have a better fitness this season (as shown by their 2 thumpings in the 2nd halfs of both matches)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back