Central Murray FL - 2011 Season

Magpie 1970

Draftee
Mar 27, 2012
Good to see a couple of young Eagle boys having a run around in the TAC Cup on the weekend. Beau Bennett with the Ballarat Rebels and Nathaniel Kendall with the Pioneers. Good on you boys and keep up the great work!!

beau bennett is a great kid, lots of talent .......not sure about Kendall...lucky break really!!

BigFootyGoss

Rookie
Apr 8, 2010
Here
Should be a good hit out for kerang. Strathfieldsaye should provide a good match. I see sportsbet must be having trouble getting the CMFL odds up. It will be interesting to see what odds they have. Anyone wanna have a crack?

I will say Swan Hill will be clear fav at about $1.90. Followed by kerang & barham at around $3.50

Woorienen will be worth putting some money on if there odds are high. They will be right up there this year by the sounds of it

Whisper is Cohuna have recruited very heavy and will be pushing top 3 and give the flag a real shake.... Decent odds there

cratalie1997

Nov 17, 2011
Gunbower Creek
Whisper is Cohuna have recruited very heavy and will be pushing top 3 and give the flag a real shake.... Decent odds there

If we can get everyone on the park at once, top 3 a real possibilty. depends on how long it takes to gell together, on the plus side, all recruits training at Cohuna 2 nights a week beside 2 blokes.:thumbsu:

Flat1990

Draftee
Apr 6, 2012
If we can get everyone on the park at once, top 3 a real possibilty. depends on how long it takes to gell together, on the plus side, all recruits training at Cohuna 2 nights a week beside 2 blokes.:thumbsu:

That's an interesting comment. Given cohuna pulled out of the lockington practice match and played us who are favorite for the wooden spoon and lost to us I find top 3 hard to believe - more wins then the previous year probably a good target. Good luck to the raiders this year and the bendigo boys traveling there.

cratalie1997

Nov 17, 2011
Gunbower Creek
That's an interesting comment. Given cohuna pulled out of the lockington practice match and played us who are favorite for the wooden spoon and lost to us I find top 3 hard to believe - more wins then the previous year probably a good target. Good luck to the raiders this year and the bendigo boys traveling there.

Cohuna were never going to play Locky as they wanted an early March practice match and this was too far out from our season. when you say we, you must mean KF. first game played together and had a few out, have improved a fair bit since then after a couple more matches.

telstra101

Mar 30, 2006
Swan Hill
Spell please... Swan Hill, kerang, barham.. Certain top 3. You are coming from Down the bottom like us, u need to recruit 7-8 on top of what u have lost. From there u have to pass tyntynder, tooleybuc, Nyah, eagles, boga. I'd say give up dreaming, barham went from bottom to fifth after recruiting the blokes they did. Brilliant effort, but cohuna have too far to come from. Yes enjoy your improvement but mate, be realistic in where u expect to finish. That is all

ONBALLROTATION

May 30, 2011
I'm sure cohuna will improve if there game plans isn't to protect the loss from the first bounce as was the case last year still need a key forward one would think history sais you won't make top three without at least two guns up each end and a few jets on the nut throw in a bit of depth let simmer for 16 rounds and serve up a top three position... Good recipe that!

cratalie1997

Nov 17, 2011
Gunbower Creek
Spell please... Swan Hill, kerang, barham.. Certain top 3. You are coming from Down the bottom like us, u need to recruit 7-8 on top of what u have lost. From there u have to pass tyntynder, tooleybuc, Nyah, eagles, boga. I'd say give up dreaming, barham went from bottom to fifth after recruiting the blokes they did. Brilliant effort, but cohuna have too far to come from. Yes enjoy your improvement but mate, be realistic in where u expect to finish. That is all

From your 1 comment you have conviced me that we are doomed to fail. Just pencil us in for 4 wins, (if we are lucky 1 more than last year) and we should be about where you beleive we will be. Lets hope that if i am right, optus101 gets back on and re-assess' her comments. :( Wouldn't all the northern clubs hate for me to be right!!!

Apr 25, 2007
Apparently Marcus "the Funk" O'Brien has lured down to Cohuna. The Cohuna President was quoted saying, "he carries a few, but he gets the ball out much like Diesel Williams. They will give him a hot dog after the game and a $5 betting voucher at the Kinga.
Good Luck Funk

WEZ MANTOOTH

Draftee
Apr 2, 2012
From your 1 comment you have conviced me that we are doomed to fail. Just pencil us in for 4 wins, (if we are lucky 1 more than last year) and we should be about where you beleive we will be. Lets hope that if i am right, optus101 gets back on and re-assess' her comments. :( Wouldn't all the northern clubs hate for me to be right!!!

Hate to disappoint you brother but none of the northern clubs really care what your club does.

WEZ MANTOOTH

Draftee
Apr 2, 2012
My fellow men, just letting you know i am bringing out a sequel to my big hit Anchorman. Be sure to buy yourself a copy, dont be a rascal and download it illegally, Ron needs to pay for his scotch and Baxters cheese.
You stay classy.

That's completely uncalled for, Burgundy.

You know those illegal copy rating systems are flawed. They don't take in account houses that have, uh, more than two television sets or computers, and other things of that nature.

ROOTA#6

May 12, 2006
Bendigo
G'day lads, have just been reading a match report a Bendigo League game and the name Mitch Hough came up and it rings a bell with me. I reckon he played up with Tooleybuc maybe (before the merger) but my memory is fading with age. Anyone else remember him??

dreamteam16

Mar 7, 2012
G'day lads, have just been reading a match report a Bendigo League game and the name Mitch Hough came up and it rings a bell with me. I reckon he played up with Tooleybuc maybe (before the merger) but my memory is fading with age. Anyone else remember him??

There was a Mitch Hough that played there in 05 possibly earlier.

team player

Jul 6, 2009
bendigo
Have noticed Jordan Mathers will be a BIG in for cohuna, cousin kev might find it hard to get the big fella off the golf cart and onto the training track.

PINNACLE HEALTH

Feb 17, 2007
bendigo

Huffy played at Tooleybuc in 2002 when l coached there, was travelling up from Melbourne each week, he was dating a Committee members daughter.
May have played another year or two before returning to somewhere in Melb.
I noticed him in a Kangaroo Flat jumper on CVF.
Would be about 28-29 i reckon.

ROOTA#6

May 12, 2006
Bendigo
Huffy played at Tooleybuc in 2002 when l coached there, was travelling up from Melbourne each week, he was dating a Committee members daughter.
May have played another year or two before returning to somewhere in Melb.
I noticed him in a Kangaroo Flat jumper on CVF.
Would be about 28-29 i reckon.

Thanks, my memory was better than I thought:thumbsu:

Fev_Train

Draftee
Mar 9, 2012
Swan Hill
Could we get an updated list of the known senior recruits this year? I know you can see them on the clearances page but a lot of them are 2's and colts players.

Ron_Burgundy

Apr 18, 2006
That's completely uncalled for, Burgundy.

You know those illegal copy rating systems are flawed. They don't take in account houses that have, uh, more than two television sets or computers, and other things of that nature.

Stay out of this Mantooth, this is my blog. If you keep commenting i will take your mother Dorothy Mantooth out for a nice seafood dinner and never call her again.

dreamteam16

Mar 7, 2012
Righto tips for the weekend

NNWU vs LB
KB vs SH
TYN vs CK
WOOR vs TM
BAL vs MALLE

Swan Hill over KB in the match of the round. KB will be good this year but i don't think they will have enough to stop the class of Swan Hill. Time will tell though.

Interesting to see how Cohuna go. Had alook at them in a practice game and they have recruited well. There CHB Luke Dunham looks set to make some forwards earn there kicks this year. The bloke is massive. They have been talking up there chances but i think the TYN at home will be to good at home.

WOOR will be to good for TM and the eagles should post a big win against BAL.

Looking forward to a good round of footy.

Whats everyones thoughts?

ONBALLROTATION

May 30, 2011
Righto tips for the weekend

NNWU vs LB
KB vs SH
TYN vs CK
WOOR vs TM
BAL vs MALLE

Swan Hill over KB in the match of the round. KB will be good this year but i don't think they will have enough to stop the class of Swan Hill. Time will tell though.

Interesting to see how Cohuna go. Had alook at them in a practice game and they have recruited well. There CHB Luke Dunham looks set to make some forwards earn there kicks this year. The bloke is massive. They have been talking up there chances but i think the TYN at home will be to good at home.

WOOR will be to good for TM and the eagles should post a big win against BAL.

Looking forward to a good round of footy.

Whats everyones thoughts?

I'm tipping
Boga
Barham
Tyntynder
Tooleytang
Lalbert

Good start to the year I think the Barham swan hill game will be a cracker I see Corey Kelly's clearance still pending... Could be a big factor if he doesn't play... As for the kangas being the real deal time will tell they've lost quality and gained a couple of jets and a monster it will be interesting to see how he goes against a few gorilla fwds... Tooleytang will still be handy for mine still have a few guns woora will improve but by how much? Just good to see some local footy again!