DT Rookies 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

I think some people jumped on Couch early to collect Kennedy's 116. Unfortunately this means they already have the downgrade target in their side. Ouch, especially if he isn't named for 3 or 4 more rounds.

Not really, if you have 8 playing forwards + a DP M/F link in your mids, he can sit @ F9 for 6+ weeks. Just one less trade to waste later on. The other rookies can make enough cash to do the other upgrades...

That's not taking into account injuries, suspensions and omitted players occuring all in one round..... I'd rather carry scoring players on my bench just to maximise options.

Not to mention if he doesn't play 3 games (or doesn't score enough for a good price rise) before they bye rounds.

I got on couch because i didnt like Halls scoring ability. Unfortunatly not having fox i didnt get to see anyone play and what position they played.

Id prefer Zorko as a downgrade option to Couch, both will play around the same time round 3-4

That's not taking into account injuries, suspensions and omitted players occuring all in one round..... I'd rather carry scoring players on my bench just to maximise options.

Not to mention if he doesn't play 3 games (or doesn't score enough for a good price rise) before they bye rounds.

True, but like last year, Couch could be another Mzungu & I Smith who became keepers and very important starting 22 players during finals. Some rookies are destined to be keepers, I'm tipping Couch will be one this year.

True, but like last year, Couch could be another Mzungu & I Smith who became keepers and very important starting 22 players during finals. Some rookies are destined to be keepers, I'm tipping Couch will be one this year.

He might, but then everyone will trade him in before his third game and get a massive amount of cash to upgrade somewhere else and you didn't gain anything?

He might, but then everyone will trade him in before his third game and get a cash bonus to upgrade somewhere else and you didn't gain anything over the competition?

@tupper

What if R5 is his 3rd game?

Are you going to trade someone after 3 price increments and if so who would it be? Hall or Dickson who have made 50k, Kennedy, Magner, C.Smith who need to be kept for longer?

@tupper

What if R5 is his 3rd game?

Are you going to trade someone after 3 price increments and if so who would it be? Hall or Dickson who have made 50k, Kennedy, Magner, C.Smith who need to be kept for longer?

Well he isn't listed at all this week, I'd be surprised if he has played three by round 5. If he has, he won't be part of my team.

My list of possible rookies that I might downgrade is long and distinguished. If Couch pumps out two 100+ games I'll trade out my worst perfoming rookie. Simple mathematics.

Even if I only collect 50K it is a useful 50K and I know I'll be in a position to upgrade to better options somewhere. :)

My list of possible rookies that I might downgrade is long and distinguished. If Couch pumps out two 100+ games I'll trade out my worst perfoming rookie. Simple mathematics.

Even if I only collect 50K it is a useful 50K and I know I'll be in a position to upgrade to better options somewhere. :)

This^

My thinking has always been trade out the rookies that have made the least amount of money and hang on to ones who are playing every week averaging 80+. What if say Magner Kennedy or Clay Smith for example are averaging 90 just before their bye and all of them have played every game and don't look to be tailing off. Do you trade or keep?

Having a rookie in each line averaging 75+ for the season is ideal bench cover for later in the season. Keeping the right ones is the tricky bit. Still dirty on myself for trading out Danny Stanley mid season last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a question, if people wanted Kennedy's score last week why jump on Couch who is nowhere near best 22 when Treloar was an option? DP, locked in best 22 and will be playing seniors next week.

I wouldn't say Couch is "nowhere near best 22". He was named as an emergency for the first game of the year. My guess is that when he gets his chance he'll take it and will stay in the team. After-all, Melbourne has a third world midfield and is pathetic in the clearances, which is Couch's strength.

If there's a worse midfield in the AFL I'd like to know whose it is - not including GWS.

As a question, if people wanted Kennedy's score last week why jump on Couch who is nowhere near best 22 when Treloar was an option? DP, locked in best 22 and will be playing seniors next week.

Did you not see the Dees last week? He'll be in their starting 22 sooner than later. As soon as next week for mine, especially if they get smashed this week and he racks up another 25+ possies for Casey.

I don't know how you can claim that Treloar is in GWS' best 22 when he's barely been sited pre-season.

Did you not see the Dees last week? He'll be in their starting 22 sooner than later. As soon as next week for mine, especially if they get smashed this week and he racks up another 25+ possies for Casey.

I don't know how you can claim that Treloar is in GWS' best 22 when he's barely been sited pre-season.

Saw the Dees last week, absolutely abysmal. So the question is, with Moloney coming back, Sylvia in 3 and Gysberts in 4 and Couch not even at emergency level this week how close is he.

If u don't know Treloar's best 22 you've spent too much time posting and not enough researching.

Saw the Dees last week, absolutely abysmal. So the question is, with Moloney coming back, Sylvia in 3 and Gysberts in 4 and Couch not even at emergency level this week how close is he.

Gysberts is 4-6 weeks and will need 2-3 games at Casey before being considered, so rule him out for at least 8 weeks.

Couch isn't competing with Sylvia as they're two very different players. Couch is an inside mid and Sylvia more a finisher.

Couch is competing with Magner and Jordie mcKenzie for a spot. The latter was poor in round one and it wouldn't surprise me to see McKenzie make way for Couch sometime soon. The vast expanses of Subiaco wouldn't have helped Couch this week.

Btw, I don't have Couch.

I hear Dogs54 they wanted Couch to get another full game under his belt for VFL side casey. Hes every chance to play the following week. Hes probably ahead of Gysberts due to his injury now. Thats the reason why he isnt an emergency and not flying to perth.

Midfielders no longer stop as 5, they go deep through to about 12, he can also play forward.

Im also not so sure about Treloar, only so much research and words you can take about him. But he seemed to be continually getting little injury problems through PS. GWS also had Scully, Power, now JMAC, Patton, Ohailpin, Brogan, T.Adams, Buntine ect ect to come back in.

I hear Dogs54 they wanted Couch to get another full game under his belt for VFL side casey. Hes every chance to play the following week. Hes probably ahead of Gysberts due to his injury now. Thats the reason why he isnt an emergency and not flying to perth.

Midfielders no longer stop as 5, they go deep through to about 12, he can also play forward.

Im also not so sure about Treloar, only so much research and words you can take about him. But he seemed to be continually getting little injury problems through PS. GWS also had Scully, Power, now JMAC, Patton, Ohailpin, Brogan, T.Adams, Buntine ect ect to come back in.

Fair comments. If Couch isn't in next week he'll never play IMO, must be every chance.

Treloar would've been a top 2 draft pick, they absolutely love him. Did nicely yesterday on the wing finding some match fitness. Will either be back next week or the one after

It would'nt have worked because GWS players were locked away. It had to have been a player whos team hasn't played yet.

Apparently Couch dominated again today. 3rd best by Neeld many dee fans who went to the game said he was BOG and said he wouldve gone close to 15 clearances. Also very good when forward applied plenty of pressure.

Would have to think he plays this week against the tigers. Just a concern hes too similar to Magner.

anyone worried about hall getting dropped? he got subbed off pretty early today after doing very little.

Maybe not concerned about being completely dropped, but concerned about the likelyhood of him receiving the vest and in turn, his scoring potential. Seriously considering a trade to Milera this week :thumbsu:

Apparently Couch dominated again today. 3rd best by Neeld many dee fans who went to the game said he was BOG and said he wouldve gone close to 15 clearances. Also very good when forward applied plenty of pressure.

Would have to think he plays this week against the tigers. Just a concern hes too similar to Magner.

Listed as having 31 disposals. I'll be amazed if he doesn't debut this week. It would make no sense considering they elevated him and we're being murdered at the stoppages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back