TSL licenses 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Baker what a clown :eek:The league is going very well, isn't it? No TV coverage, average crowds (SFL get a s**t load more to their games), not many blokes getting drafted etc. one of the clubs they want to **** off has had 3 blokes get drafted in the last two years based on their TSL form.

As reported in todays Mercury, TSL license will be going to Kingborough in 2014. What proud and tradititional club will be shafted out by AFL TAS.

http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2012/03/23/311991_sport-news.html
I just wonder how truthful AFL Tas are being in relation to North Hobart and Hobart being in contention to remain in the TSL. The pressure they have put on Hobart to move to Kingborough in the past indicates to me they have already made up their minds who will miss out.
Is a merger possible between these two clubs I wonder. The merger between Burnie Tigers and Burnie Hawks (Cooee) has been successful and it is amazing how supporters of both clubs forgot about past rivalries and got behind the Dockers. What do others think about a merger as an option, it would certainly create a strong club thats for sure.

I just wonder how truthful AFL Tas are being in relation to North Hobart and Hobart being in contention to remain in the TSL. The pressure they have put on Hobart to move to Kingborough in the past indicates to me they have already made up their minds who will miss out.
Is a merger possible between these two clubs I wonder. The merger between Burnie Tigers and Burnie Hawks (Cooee) has been successful and it is amazing how supporters of both clubs forgot about past rivalries and got behind the Dockers. What do others think about a merger as an option, it would certainly create a strong club thats for sure.

North Hobart club dates from 1881. Hobart from 1945. They have been at war since then! Amalgamation would not work. They should each keep their own identity. If one is kicked out of the league then they should play in the SFL. We dont want to lose any more clubs.

North Hobart club dates from 1881. Hobart from 1945. They have been at war since then! Amalgamation would not work. They should each keep their own identity. If one is kicked out of the league then they should play in the SFL. We dont want to lose any more clubs.

Very well said

Agree also with madmug,
Gee the seasons starts soon with no abc coverage there has been absolute zilch promotion apart from Smith & Stubbs at the Mercury. Will there be any coverage on the internet? It sounded like it might happen at one stage with dufftv.

Agree also with madmug,
Gee the seasons starts soon with no abc coverage there has been absolute zilch promotion apart from Smith & Stubbs at the Mercury. Will there be any coverage on the internet? It sounded like it might happen at one stage with dufftv.

At AFLTas 'Marketing' means poncing about at Royal Tasmania on wednesday afternoon. Thats how you market youself:D

Agree also with madmug,

My hair is going grey

Apparently NHFC (seniors & juniors) are in talks with SBLJFC to form a "relationship". If this eventuated then I imagine that combined player numbers would sit around the 450-500 mark.

This encompasses Auskick, Juniors(U8-U16) and Seniors(U/18, Colts & Seniors).

This would certainly strengthen NHFC's presentation to AFL Tasmania to gain the single TSL license that is up for grabs.

Additionally I believe that HFC have a limited number of junior teams in the STJFL, as opposed to almost full junior teams for NHFC juniors and SBLJFC.

It would appear on the surface that HFC have an uphill battle to grab that single TSL license.

Apparently NHFC (seniors & juniors) are in talks with SBLJFC to form a "relationship". If this eventuated then I imagine that combined player numbers would sit around the 450-500 mark.

This encompasses Auskick, Juniors(U8-U16) and Seniors(U/18, Colts & Seniors).

This would certainly strengthen NHFC's presentation to AFL Tasmania to gain the single TSL license that is up for grabs.

Additionally I believe that HFC have a limited number of junior teams in the STJFL, as opposed to almost full junior teams for NHFC juniors and SBLJFC.

It would appear on the surface that HFC have an uphill battle to grab that single TSL license.

Didn't Hobart try this back when TSL first came about?
If I remember correctly Sandy Bay wouldn't come at it unless they were known as Hobart-Sandy Bay from auskick right through to Seniors.

Didn't Hobart try this back when TSL first came about?
If I remember correctly Sandy Bay wouldn't come at it unless they were known as Hobart-Sandy Bay from auskick right through to Seniors.

SBLJFC and HFC had agreed to form a partnership and incorporate both names to reflect the coming together of the 2 clubs.

However when AFL Tasmania awarded a TSL license to HFC for the new TSL competiton, it was a by product that the Sandy Bay and Kingston area was included in HFC zone. At this stage the HFC decided it was not in the best interest of HFC's brand to change their name. Also it was as I understand HFC's belief that the new zone structure would mean players in Sandy Bay/Kingston areas would flow to HFC.

Unfortunately HFC's relationship with their zone clubs has not been as productive and they would have liked.

Unfortunately HFC's relationship with their zone clubs has not been as productive and they would have liked.

Thats because they do NOTHING for the clubs in the area, there were 3 players from Kingborough last year that have gone to TSL, not 1 has gone to Hobart, why would players want to go to a club whos future is in doubt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats because they do NOTHING for the clubs in the area, there were 3 players from Kingborough last year that have gone to TSL, not 1 has gone to Hobart, why would players want to go to a club whos future is in doubt.

The future of HFC in the TSL is not looking all that good at the moment.

However it is always disappointing when a sporting club with a long and proud history such as HFC is in doubt.

It is a concern what they do if they do not continue in the TSL. Is SFL or even Old Scholars a realistic option. I imagine if they leave the TSL many of their existing players and even volunteers may exit.

And that is the real problem. Ever since inviting them into the TSL, AFL Tasmania has been undermining Hobart. First with the comments on the TCA asa ground, then trying to move them away from Hobart, and then openly questioning their existence, and now basically saying the club will be booted in favour of Southern Cats Mark 2.
You do have to wonder why they were incited to join if the same people decided from day one, as they seem to have done, that they had no right to be there. Why would anyone have invited in clubs they were convinced from the beginning didn't belong?
For mine, ten was too many, and Hobart and Lauderedale were the two questionable ones in the south - both Launceston and South Launceston questionable as well. But what the league needs is stability in its makeup, not a repeat of the mistakes of the old state league where clubs were brought in and out with no apparent purpose - and a Kingborough club was created from nothing only to fail spectacularly.

And that is the real problem. Ever since inviting them into the TSL, AFL Tasmania has been undermining Hobart. First with the comments on the TCA asa ground, then trying to move them away from Hobart, and then openly questioning their existence, and now basically saying the club will be booted in favour of Southern Cats Mark 2.
You do have to wonder why they were incited to join if the same people decided from day one, as they seem to have done, that they had no right to be there. Why would anyone have invited in clubs they were convinced from the beginning didn't belong?
For mine, ten was too many, and Hobart and Lauderedale were the two questionable ones in the south - both Launceston and South Launceston questionable as well. But what the league needs is stability in its makeup, not a repeat of the mistakes of the old state league where clubs were brought in and out with no apparent purpose - and a Kingborough club was created from nothing only to fail spectacularly.

Launceston questionable?

hmmm

Realistically, AFLTAS is gonna screw over Hobart one way or another.

Hobart's zones = Kingborough.
Hobart Tigers = Kingborough Tigers.
2 teams in the city vs 1 team in the city and one with a whole district to work with.
Old facilities vs new facilities (new twin ovals).
I could keep going.

There's too much history (footy wise) at North Hobart for AFL TAS to screw the Demons over. Not saying that Hobart doesn't, but there has only ever been footy at North Hob, whereas TCA was the premier cricket ground until about 30 years ago I guess.

I don't like it, but the writing's on the wall for Hobart. They'll have to go to the SFL, and do a swap with Kingborough for leagues.

Launceston questionable?

hmmm
Yes, at the time Launceston's entry was questionable in my view. Not on on-field grounds; then, as now they, were the best on-field team in the town; but (looking from the outside) supporter base and the ability to gain sponsorships appeared to still trail North Lonny significantly.

Its too late now to debate what should have happened with the new state league, and sadly it appears too late to deate the future of Hobart. That decision seems to have been made. Personally, I believe that the league needs to have stability and do everything it can to keep the existing clubs (regardless of the rights and wrongs of the original decisions). Not to mention what it does to the club under fire, alientaing suporters and sponsors, and encouraging players to leave.
Repeating the mid-to-late 1990s seems to be the preferred option by Wade and co, however.

This cannot be the case as the licence agreement prevents any new clubs from entering until the end of the 2013 season.

the license agreement, which was drafted up by AFL tas?? and with there track record, it wouldnt be worth the paper its written on.

I have heard a new club may also be created in the inner city.

Everything I speak is the truth and comes from a good source.

Interesting times ahead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back