News Injuries/Suspensions 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree.

Came off the line, player was barely going to impact the play, shirt front and opened him up. Was groggy. He could be saved with Neeld in his presso saying it was just a fair bump and good effort and thats what Grimes told him. However i dont think any coaches or players are about to dob in any players and the match review will know this.

I also think Pav will get one week. Clearly hit the head. Was very groggy.

1-2 weeks waters, maybe 2 with bad record (unsure what his record is)

1 to Pav

I think Waters may be in trouble only becuase similar ones have gotten a week or so last year. I dont believe he should be but I reckon a week, plus a bad record(?) for waters wont help.

I disagree.

Came off the line, player was barely going to impact the play, shirt front and opened him up. Was groggy. He could be saved with Neeld in his presso saying it was just a fair bump and good effort and thats what Grimes told him. However i dont think any coaches or players are about to dob in any players and the match review will know this.

I also think Pav will get one week. Clearly hit the head. Was very groggy.

1-2 weeks waters, maybe 2 with bad record (unsure what his record is)

1 to Pav
and all of that you just wrote means squat as far as the MRP is concerned.

No point guessing the MRP's decision, we all know its almost akin to a lottery anyway.

Waters' prior record certainly won't help if they deem there was sufficient force to constitute a reportable offence. If there was insufficient force, we're all good to go for next week. If there was sufficient force, you wait and see how the MRP classifies it.

Little point speculating about these sorts of things. Frankly, I'd be happy for Waters to be given 1 week.

Sufficient force, did you see the hit?

With the MRP who knows?

The classic example being Judd opening up a massive cut under Pavlich's eyes requiring stitches a couple of years ago not being classified as 'sufficient force'.

The MRP is a lottery, like I said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beau Waters 125 points for hit which warrants a week but by his surprising good record only gets a 93.75 reprimand and can play next week.

Beau Waters 125 points for hit which warrants a week but by his surprising good record only gets a 93.75 reprimand and can play next week.

We're still deciding whether to challenge it or not, though.

We have GWS next week and the lure is there to challenge it.

We're still deciding whether to challenge it or not, though.

We have GWS next week and the lure is there to challenge it.

Yeah great point

That is a fairly big lure especially considering Worsfold didn't shy away from saying it is a possible round to rest older players. You would think guys like Glass, Cox, Embley (injured) and Waters come under that category for the eagles and also Kerr.

Edit: For those who have Smedts, got injured today and in doubt for next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back