AFL Rd 3 Collingwood v Carlton -Prematch Talk and Team Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Our all ground kicking and decision making is shithouse atm, but I tell you what, our stoppages are freaking amazing, we're just owning them up.

Ceglar v Wood.

It's interesting, I haven't watched too much of the VFL, and Ceglar may well be in better form but which of these two would play the best against Carlton who have big ruckmen? Wood you know can hold his own against the best, Ceglar there are some question marks as he hasn't been given the opportunities at AFL level. Do you risk it against one of the top teams or give him his opportunities against a side where the outcome won't be so reliant on how he plays?

Devensively we look capable of holding their smalls as we usually do pretty well, Harry enjoys the task on Betts and I can't remember Garlett firing a shot against us, bit of a frontrunner. The worry is Keeffe being able to handle Kreuzer deep and prevent him from marks, both he and Reid are CHB's but we are better off leaving Reid in his natural position where he dominates - full back he does not at all.

Robinson Kreuzer Betts

Maxwell Keeffe O'Brien
Garlett Waite Armfield
Shaw Reid Goldsack

Midfield is reasonably even, we have had the edge on them in recent times but they look more up and about early this year. We will always be hard to beat though with our class in here. Murphy is obviously the man now we most need to pay attention to.

Hampson Gibbs Murphy
Jolly Thomas Ball
Simpson Judd Carrazzo
Toovey Pendlebury Swan

Will back in our forward big guys to win these battles all day long if the midfield gives them ample supply, the rest of the forward line is now very much our 2nd tier midfielders but as we know they love a goal. Jolly looks to be in decent nick and should give us an advantage.

Tuohy Henderson Bower
Beams Dawes Fasolo
Yarran Jamison Laidler
Sidebottom Cloke Blair

Our depth looks much better with the newbies out - although the only worry is how many underdone players we have - but with Johnson sub and hopefully a fit Wellingham back in its a vast improvement to the bottom of our team.

Thornton Scotland Lucas Curnow
Wood Wellingham Goldsack Johnson

Enjoyable post and I think you are on the money. The team looks good. Just to nit pick you have goldsack in twice. Marty Clarke I would suggest will add to the bench depth.

Devensively we look capable of holding their smalls as we usually do pretty well, Harry enjoys the task on Betts and I can't remember Garlett firing a shot against us, bit of a frontrunner. The worry is Keeffe being able to handle Kreuzer deep and prevent him from marks, both he and Reid are CHB's but we are better off leaving Reid in his natural position where he dominates - full back he does not at all.

Out of the top four, Garlett probably has his better games against you guys. Kicked 3.3 in the corresponding game last year, and 1.4 (3 posters) in the return match.

Also had his career high disposals against your mob.

IN: Wood,Wellingham,Maxwell
OUT: Tarrant, Seedsman, Sinclair

Jackson Paine dropped? I dont think so i thought he was really good. We really need another ruckman. People saying Ceglar in better form the Wood? Wood had 18 touches and over 30 hit outs yesterday. Ceglar not quite ready. I would give Johnson another run in the 2's as he hasnt really set the world on fire only 14 touches yesterday.

If you think his game was really good then god help us. Rarely looked dangerous and barley an average game. Rather get another ruckman in who rests forward as the scum will play 2 fulltime ruckmen and Jolly cant go it alone all day. Dawes will get smashed against Kreuzer, Hampson or Warnock if he plays ruck.

In essence we lose Dawes up forward and he gets beaten in the ruck. Its a lose lose situation if Dawes plays ruck next week.

If you think his game was really good then god help us. Rarely looked dangerous and barley an average game. Rather get another ruckman in who rests forward as the scum will play 2 fulltime ruckmen and Jolly cant go it alone all day. Dawes will get smashed against Kreuzer, Hampson or Warnock if he plays ruck.

In essence we lose Dawes up forward and he gets beaten in the ruck. Its a lose lose situation if Dawes plays ruck next week.

Well Dawes was no Better then Paine vs the Tigers

I actually agree. In terms of performing at AFL level, if Paine was a 5th year player and he was playing like he was everyone would be saying he should be dropped/delisted. He's a 1st year player, showing great signs, has a lot of potential but his output if you isolate it, he's currently not showing enough to hold his spot in the side. I still think he should be given games to develop, but at this stage he still has quite a way to go.

Maybe so but Id rather have Dawes full time up forward than Paine. Nothing against the kid but its not his time yet.

Wood surely has to come in. Talk about Ceglar getting a game ahead of Wood is nonsence.

Well Dawes would also be my Full Choice and when Paine does go back it be nice to know there is some Kid can play KPF just in Case of Injury or Suspension

Why Wood Ahead of Ceglar?

Well Dawes would also be my Full Choice and when Paine does go back it be nice to know there is some Kid can play KPF just in Case of Injury or Suspension

Why Wood Ahead of Ceglar?[/quote]

Ceglar is not ready. I dont understand how you can keep saying Ceglar is in better form.:confused:

Ceglar is not ready. I dont understand how you can keep saying Ceglar is in better form.:confused:

I must admit I'm a little mystified by it myself. Wood's numbers were great on Saturday. People bemoan the lack of impact that he has around the ground yet Ceglar had next to none outside of the goal he kicked in the first quarter.

His time will come but it won't be this week.

Why Wood Ahead of Ceglar?[/quote]

Well I think his Tap Work has been better and He taken some really Nice Marks around the Ground.

Been good the last 3 Weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woods taps in the centre bounces were quite good. Went straight down onto the midfielders chest. Not sure what you watched on Saturday arvo TD.

Maybe it's your man crush on Ceglar. I don't know.

Woods taps in the centre bounces were quite good. Went straight down onto the midfielders chest. Not sure what you watched on Saturday arvo TD.

Maybe it's your man crush on Ceglar. I don't know.

Well I did not Notice that Much might need to Re-Watch the Game then

Well I did not Notice that Much might need to Re-Watch the Game then

FWIW if you do re-watch the match pay attention to who they were rucking against as well. From memory Wood had it all over whoever he was up against both around the ground and in the ruck. Whereas Ceglar was good against Mabon and only just ahead of Sirle (not sure on spelling??) in ruck contests but pantsed around the ground by the more experienced man.

OK you have proven to be a OK side over the last 5 years but do you honestlly believe you have any chance this weekend.

Yes In Fact I think we are a Very Good Chance of Winning.

You guys are the Form Team coming in but we still have the more Complete Team

Also good try Troll

Please excuse me I am not trying to troll but I would like to ask how you will keep up with the speed in which we play.

You have a proven great team and I did not come on here to cause s**t, but I did wan't to talk about how you are going to stop our run!

Please excuse me I am not trying to troll but I would like to ask how you will keep up with the speed in which we play.

You have a proven great team and I did not come on here to cause s**t, but I did wan't to talk about how you are going to stop our run!

Well that is good you are not hear to Cause Trouble as I could see a Few Blue Fans that Might.

Well the Speed you are talking about I say from Garlett,Yarran and Betts could give us some Problems as it does other sides.

I guess we would try and put some Mid Size Players on them Like Toovey and Harry. Though the Speedsters have to also have a Be on themselves too

For the first time in a long while this is going to be a cracker of a game.
Pies are still in second gear, looking to peak a little later perhaps ... Blues seem to be red hot.
We have only beaten the also rans so nothing to get too excited about ... it will all come down to how we handle to extra pressure the Pies will be able to execute.
We crack, we lose, we hold, we win.

It was like this last year too ... we cracked both times.

Hopefully all the experience gained from those gut wrenching defeats is enough for us to finally savour a victory from our dreaded foe.

I would wish you luck but personally want to see you all burn with envy if/when we finally arrive as a top 4 prospect by beating one of the yard sticks of the competition.

I think the style that the Blues are playing at the moment is great for football ... will it work against quality opposition?

If it does then Ratts will go down as the great coach that as yet no one has given him credit for.

Exciting times.

Let the game begin ... please o please let us finally meet in a final ... too salivating to think about!

For the first time in a long while this is going to be a cracker of a game.
Pies are still in second gear, looking to peak a little later perhaps ... Blues seem to be red hot.
We have only beaten the also rans so nothing to get too excited about ... it will all come down to how we handle to extra pressure the Pies will be able to execute.
We crack, we lose, we hold, we win.

It was like this last year too ... we cracked both times.

Hopefully all the experience gained from those gut wrenching defeats is enough for us to finally savour a victory from our dreaded foe.

I would wish you luck but personally want to see you all burn with envy if/when we finally arrive as a top 4 prospect by beating one of the yard sticks of the competition.

I think the style that the Blues are playing at the moment is great for football ... will it work against quality opposition?

If it does then Ratts will go down as the great coach that as yet no one has given him credit for.

Exciting times.

Let the game begin ... please o please let us finally meet in a final ... too salivating to think about!
:thumbsu:

As my 42 years experience tells me this is a classic rivalry that is about to turn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back