Bendigo FNL 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Touche max.

Individuals should not assume, the gossip relating to Square is way way off the mark, very few actually know, don't merely assume and put it out their on a public forum, re people proceeding Max's comment (not fair to both club and players). Not just in relation to Square but the dribble pertaining to Strath also. Comment if you know that it is factual, not heresay or joining dots. Lets all not presume, guess or fabricate.
Give us a spell fella's - it comes with the territory. Gisborne copped it for years as well.... If you dont like it, dont read it.

Why are we worrying about what players are paid. No-one tells the truth. Who cares.
If clubs pay it, players take it.
Of course we should all play for the love of it. Fact is we dont.

Any predictions for the ladder after round 1?

south
g square
gisborne
sandhurst
maryborough
castlemaine
strath
kyneton
eaglehawk
k flat

So whos this new gun forward for the Storm?

The storm have recruited Tom Bartholomew. DW knows him pretty well and has brought him over from Foster in the Alberton Footy League. He kicked 110 Goals last year. Spent a little bit of time in the VFL with the Northern Bullants. Very good get with the forwards they already have. He is around 6'1 - 6'2 max from my memory but really powerful. Impressive forward line set up they have now - good mix of smalls and talls..There mid's will also be better with Hall etc playing all year around.

Any news out of Maryborough ?

Golden Square big winers over Eaglehawk. Weeks with 10 goals and rosa's, Bairds and aiden Pratt doing some damage. Two young blokes in there team that didn't make pioneers list seemed to go alright. Collins and Knox. What is the end result with Brady Green. I believe it was him who was carried off and he showed a lot for Eaglehawk. Will be missed if it is long term.

Gisborne V Kyneton, Good Friday

Should be massive !!

Thommo talking it up on SEN all week, fair play to him, doin the hard yards for his original club. Am looking forward to having a look. Does anyone know if Deuscher still running around for the "gold" this year?

Thommo talking it up on SEN all week, fair play to him, doin the hard yards for his original club. Am looking forward to having a look. Does anyone know if Deuscher still running around for the "gold" this year?

Yeah Deuscher is co-captain again there again this year

Is it true that there was a bit of a biff on between Sandhurst and Strath players last weekend or the weekend before?? makes for a fiery clash tomorrow night!

Is it true that there was a bit of a biff on between Sandhurst and Strath players last weekend or the weekend before?? makes for a fiery clash tomorrow night!

Good on the Dragon boys. Just doing what every other team in the league would love to do. Smash the money hungry ******ts from Tannery Lane

Good on the Dragon boys. Just doing what every other team in the league would love to do. Smash the money hungry ******ts from Tannery Lane

funny you mention the money there davis, im actually intregued on how u think the players are money hungry????

do u know what every player is on ?

did you go to the AGM and see how much they spent on players and coaches??

have you any clue about the financials of the club??

have you got any clue what the club has done this year?

have you got a clue in general ?

every club spends money you right its just funny that people are saying they are money hungry, i think you would be very suprised on what people are on.

now with the smashing of strath players im nearly laughing cos who would smash anyone from sandhurst i think they would be last team i would be scared tbh ??

just on the spendings i would be a little Hesitant to point fingers considering the amount you pay your coach would pay for about 8 strath players that are top of the payment list

How much are they paying big thommo up at kyneton? Wouldn't think they have much to pay to him after the rumors they couldn't pay 2years ago

funny you mention the money there davis, im actually intregued on how u think the players are money hungry???

do u know what every player is on ?

did you go to the AGM and see how much they spent on players and coaches??

have you any clue about the financials of the club??

have you got any clue what the club has done this year?
have you got a clue in general ?

every club spends money you right its just funny that people are saying they are money hungry, i think you would be very suprised on what people are on.

now with the smashing of strath players im nearly laughing cos who would smash anyone from sandhurst i think they would be last team i would be scared tbh ??

just on the spendings i would be a little Hesitant to point fingers considering the amount you pay your coach would pay for about 8 strath players that are top of the payment list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alot of talk about the Tigers picking up some players and some people thought they were a chance today. Well Kyneton delivered nothing but weak soft football and were handed a 20 goal hiding. Nothing has changed and will be the easy beats in 2012. After all the talk their season ended today. Unaccountable and lazy and will yet again push to be the worst team in country Victoria.

So I look forward to the chat in the off season - and how they have great people working so hard to turn this club around. Bring on 2013......

Alot of talk about the Tigers picking up some players and some people thought they were a chance today. Well Kyneton delivered nothing but weak soft football and were handed a 20 goal hiding. Nothing has changed and will be the easy beats in 2012. After all the talk their season ended today. Unaccountable and lazy and will yet again push to be the worst team in country Victoria.

So I look forward to the chat in the off season - and how they have great people working so hard to turn this club around. Bring on 2013......

2015 more than likely , they stunk today and dont anybody bother to try to explain how they are in a rebuilding stage, as what they served up today just showed that its time for this rabble to concede they are no longer competitive in the bfl and should seriously look at other options in weaker leagues to chase that elusive win !

Went up to Kyneton today for my first ever BFL game, funnily enough the world didn't end on the basis of a football match on Good Friday.

Left about 5 minutes into the last quarter (live over an hour away, Good Friday dinner, etc) and I said to my mate that Kyneton will be lucky to get it inside 50 against the wind. Must have been proved correct.

Very amusing scoreline in the 2s... 13.29.107 - Putrid kicking.

Thompson couldn't move, hamstring heavily strapped, kicked 2 I think.

You've been a bit quiet on BF the past few days Davis ?

Is it because the Storm were simply too good for the Sandhurst boys because of our "absorbent"player payments on Friday night (which have been GROSSLY overstated on here BTW !), or is it the fact that your boys copped a thumping in Rd 1 :confused:

Either way, maybe Friday was a GOOD day for most of us after all !! :)

As they say, he who mouths off in Round 1 will cop a battering all season long....

As you were..... :D

You've been a bit quiet on BF the past few days Davis ?

Is it because the Storm were simply too good for the Sandhurst boys because of our "absorbent"player payments on Friday night (which have been GROSSLY overstated on here BTW !), or is it the fact that your boys copped a thumping in Rd 1 :confused:

Either way, maybe Friday was a GOOD day for most of us after all !! :)

As they say, he who mouths off in Round 1 will cop a battering all season long....

As you were..... :D

Use beat Sandhurst by not even three goals. With the money use are spending that's disgusting. What I do find funny is some of your younger players laughing at what they are getting paid. Maybe use should ban facebook on a saturday night after they have had a few at Star Bar or Universal and they let others know there exact payments.

Yes the Tigers were dismal but I'll accep that when our payments are about a quarter of what use are paying.

Use beat Sandhurst by not even three goals. With the money use are spending that's disgusting. What I do find funny is some of your younger players laughing at what they are getting paid. Maybe use should ban facebook on a saturday night after they have had a few at Star Bar or Universal and they let others know there exact payments.

Yes the Tigers were dismal but I'll accep that when our payments are about a quarter of what use are paying.

Would you actually think I player would tell u exactly wat they are on, hahah you make me laugh players will never tell u how much they are exactly on they will double it, half, tell u are on base, tell u they are on wat they think they are on , before u will hit the mark

So no one else but filo is getting paid ? That would take half of everyones player p'ments, Highly doubt that. Have a stab that the average age wouldn't be far off a strath, mb, castlemaine.

Anyways on another note probably more Important, because unless u know who get what at a club it hear say,

On better notes what did everyone think of round 1 ?
Eaglehawk got off to flier but class got square back in it
Flat were within 5 goals before south kicked away thought was a good effort from flat.
Mb - smashed castlemaine - which I thought was a good performance from mb
Gisborne outclassed kyneton I still think they will be contenders against square.
Strath held on against sandhurst- could of gone either way - maybe the player payments got them over the line do that get payed more for a win ? Davis u seem to know more then everyone else in legue from ur little spot

Would you actually think I player would tell u exactly wat they are on, hahah you make me laugh players will never tell u how much they are exactly on they will double it, half, tell u are on base, tell u they are on wat they think they are on , before u will hit the mark

So no one else but filo is getting paid ? That would take half of everyones player p'ments, Highly doubt that. Have a stab that the average age wouldn't be far off a strath, mb, castlemaine.

Anyways on another note probably more Important, because unless u know who get what at a club it hear say,

On better notes what did everyone think of round 1 ?
Eaglehawk got off to flier but class got square back in it
Flat were within 5 goals before south kicked away thought was a good effort from flat.
Mb - smashed castlemaine - which I thought was a good performance from mb
Gisborne outclassed kyneton I still think they will be contenders against square.
Strath held on against sandhurst- could of gone either way - maybe the player payments got them over the line do that get payed more for a win ? Davis u seem to know more then everyone else in legue from ur little spot

Do you honestly think mates don't tell each other what there exactly on. You have lost the plot

Do you honestly think mates don't tell each other what there exactly on. You have lost the plot

that would be last people i would tell the truth to you !!! agn you wouldnt tell the amount you are very silly to think how much the players are out there, would be less then most bfl clubs.

Heaps of players brag about what the get paid to big note themselves & feed their ego.
It's a power thing, one guy says I'm on $100 a game what are you on, other guy says $200 to seem better.
Just like gym talk, how much u bench, 100k, yeah I bench 120!
Some thinks it's cool when out on the town talking footy to mates or opposition yet makes them seem like a twit in reality!
Some inflate the amount to feel special & others deflate their amount because either they are guilty of what they are getting paid or people won't believe the ridiculous amount they get paid in local footy.

Yeah but there's lots of cocky young guys that get offered a couple hundred bux straight from under18's or reserves in major league to seniors in minor league & next minute they think they're Ablett jnr or Judd& cant wait to tell people , doesnt mean they are a flog , more so lacking maturity. Flogs are the ones who get poached from other clubs or leagues & txt their mates how much their on or brag about many clubs are offering them x amount.

Come across hundreds of them in my time.

Had a bloke tell me once he was on $300 a game but unbeknowing to him my uncle was on the committee at his club and did the player payments each week, uncle told me he give him $200 bux in an envelope after each home game, which is $100 a game!

Any player that beaks off about $$$ is a flog. End of.

oh, And probably on half what they say.

Totally agree. That's why I'm so against Strahfieldsayse. There young players seem go be worrying more about when there getting there match payments than their results.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back