C Section Premier C - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

King 20

Debutant
May 2, 2008
Melbourne
Because clubs will only be allowed to go to say 100 pts a game, it rewards loyalty and clubs that promote their juniors. Each comp in Australia would be graded eg. AFL player 10pts , VFL 8pts , Major local leagues say 7pts as well as Premier A and B and major country leagues. Home grown players would be nothing and if they have had a crack at higher they come back say on 2 pts and every year you are at a club you lose a point.

I am aware of how a points system would work but my question was how would it stop players from leaving? It may stop one club trying to load up on recruits in a single season but it has no way of stopping players leaving.
Especially from the VAFA to other Metro/Country leagues for money. It doesnt matter if your worth 10 points or 2 a club could pay you $1000 or $100 its still between the player and club.

Money is a huge advantage but it is not the only answer, there are many other ways to recruit/keep players at your club. Which Im sure most clubs have tried.

Anyway this conversation has already been brought up on this thread and this close to the season people should be talking about their clubs final hit out before Round 1. Who does everyone have?

Scribe

Cancelled
May 26, 2005
Elwood
AFL Club
Hawthorn
OC host Werribee at the Barnyard for our last hit out.

Really disappointing to hear of the walkouts at Boss Reserve.
No easy answer, but I can't see Bedford's point system ever getting traction as it doesn't reward diligent recruiting of players into our competition. Plus a guy who gets a few senior games at, say a bottom 2 Div 1 SFL or WRFL team might be scored the same as a gun like Summers who goes to Uni Blues from the Balwyn seniors.

My suggestion to the clubs who are suffering is to ask what those like De La or Xavs are offering by way of culture/network and work out how to, if not replicate, at least try to mimic that. From my experience at Fitzroy, the best move was to work hard on unifying the senior and junior clubs so the kids felt a greater pull to their suburban club than their school.

Ron Jeremy 69

Team Captain
Jul 21, 2010
On the set
AFL Club
North Melbourne

No easy answer, but I can't see Bedford's point system ever getting traction as it doesn't reward diligent recruiting of players into our competition. Plus a guy who gets a few senior games at, say a bottom 2 Div 1 SFL or WRFL team might be scored the same as a gun like Summers who goes to Uni Blues from the Balwyn seniors.

My suggestion to the clubs who are suffering is to ask what those like De La or Xavs are offering by way of culture/network and work out how to, if not replicate, at least try to mimic that. From my experience at Fitzroy, the best move was to work hard on unifying the senior and junior clubs so the kids felt a greater pull to their suburban club than their school.

Surely it wouldn't be that hard to assign more points to someone coming form EFL DIv 1 than SLF Div 1. That would be an easy solution as I don't think there would be any arguments about the relative standards.

Sorry to hear about walkouts at a club in the same section? Serious?

I assume you are putting you love of ammo footy above what is best for your current club?

No 31

Debutant
Oct 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Quite right Ron. Summers was on a grand at Balwyn , so he goes to Uni Blues for nothing !

So what?

What's a grand a week playing football at Balwyn when Uni Blues may be able to arrange an interview for a position say paying 150 grand p.a.

I know where I would be playing.

AM

The standard you walk past is the one you accept
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong

One of the things they have going for them is a strong tie with powerful schools with a strong sporting culture. Very hard for district clubs to replicate that. Though I do sometimes wonder why more effort isn't made to develop ties with local State schools as a recruiting measure.

Agree the points system sounds good but is time consuming to manage and, if the MPNFL system is anything to go by, not that functional.

Toohas

Debutant
Jun 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi All,

My name is Simon Fuller and I'll be your scribe for Premier C in 2012. Being involved in a different section, I won't be able to get to many games this year, so I'll be relying on contributions sent through to me be your clubs. With that in mind, if there's anything you'd like to send through to me that you think will be a good addition to the weekly column, please feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks very much and all the best for 2012.

Toohas

go_nodders

Team Captain
Jun 16, 2009
Blackburn
AFL Club
Richmond

Nodders play St Francis Xavier in there last practice match. Yes, thats right St Francis Xavier not Old Xavier.....

Scribe, hearing good things about OC this year. Practice match form suggests a good year for the Wellers. Are my sources correct??

Bad luck about Williams but I think it will end up being a blessing in disguise.

yellowbelly

Rookie
Mar 26, 2012
Preston
AFL Club
Collingwood
Nodders play St Francis Xavier in there last practice match. Yes, thats right St Francis Xavier not Old Xavier.....

Scribe, hearing good things about OC this year. Practice match form suggests a good year for the Wellers. Are my sources correct??

Bad luck about Williams but I think it will end up being a blessing in disguise.

The Roys play AJAX in our last hit out.....it will be a good indication of where we are at.

Cardio Carl

Cancelled
Jan 24, 2007
Port Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hi All,

My name is Simon Fuller and I'll be your scribe for Premier C in 2012. Being involved in a different section, I won't be able to get to many games this year, so I'll be relying on contributions sent through to me be your clubs. With that in mind, if there's anything you'd like to send through to me that you think will be a good addition to the weekly column, please feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks very much and all the best for 2012.

Toohas

Well done Toohas, to you and all the Scribes thank you for your time and effort, much appreciated.

Believe me it is a hard gig when the flow of information slows.

All the best for the season.

I usually get along to a couple of C Grade games so look forward to contributing when I can

Cheers

CC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Toohas

Debutant
Jun 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Well done Toohas, to you and all the Scribes thank you for your time and effort, much appreciated.

Believe me it is a hard gig when the flow of information slows.

All the best for the season.

I usually get along to a couple of C Grade games so look forward to contributing when I can

Cheers

CC

Cheers, CC. It is a challenging role, when you're not directly involved in the section you are writing for during the season. I think the VAFA prefers it this way, to eliminate the perception of bias, which I can understand. I was writing for Division 4 last year and received some fantastic assistance from the clubs there, with most contacting me weekly - win, lose or draw. It was good to go through the clubs in Premier C this year and see a fair few familiar names, as well as a number of clubs I have come up against over the years, so I'm really looking forward to it.

I've contacted the presidents and secretaries from each of the clubs in the section, so they have my details should anyone wish to contact me in a more official capacity. Otherwise I'm happy for anyone to PM me here.

Thanks again.

Jackie Chiles

Draftee
Dec 8, 2011
Essendon
AFL Club
Essendon
Ladder tip pre-round 1 a tough gig BTY, but lets get some onfield footy talk going for 2012 and hear some opinions. Sick of the points system talk. Like communism, it sounds good in theory, but it'll never work.

1. OC
2. OEG
3. Fitzroy
4. Mazenod
5. Marcellin
6. Banyule
7. Rupertswood
8. Monash
9. Parkdale
10. Hampton

Freebaser

Team Captain
Apr 5, 2007
Oakleigh
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
victory
Ladder tip pre-round 1 a tough gig BTY, but lets get some onfield footy talk going for 2012 and hear some opinions. Sick of the points system talk. Like communism, it sounds good in theory, but it'll never work.

1. OC
2. OEG
3. Fitzroy
4. Mazenod
5. Marcellin
6. Banyule
7. Rupertswood
8. Monash
9. Parkdale
10. Hampton

Fitzroy
Mazenod
Banyule
Parkdale
Rupo
OC
Monash
Oeg
Marcellin
Hampton

Scribe

Cancelled
May 26, 2005
Elwood
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I won't even attempt a ladder but will go so far as to say the Roys will improve, Marcellin will be strong and both promoted teams will stay up.

As for the rest.....no comment!

;)

We played Mazenod in a PM two weeks ago. They will be right up there, may even win it.

Parkdale also very confident they can go back-to-back.

As an outsider to the VAFA and without much knowledge on the rest of the teams other than what I read on here or in the paper, I'll tip Parkdale and Mazenod to play off in the GF.

go_nodders

Team Captain
Jun 16, 2009
Blackburn
AFL Club
Richmond
We played Mazenod in a PM two weeks ago. They will be right up there, may even win it.

Parkdale also very confident they can go back-to-back.

As an outsider to the VAFA and without much knowledge on the rest of the teams other than what I read on here or in the paper, I'll tip Parkdale and Mazenod to play off in the GF.

Freak, how have Parkdale's practice games gone? I heard they beat Heatherton pretty easily, is that correct?

I was at the game against you guys and it appeared you won by well over 10 goals. While I would love to see us in B-Grade next yeat, I think we have still a far bit of work to do from what I saw.

Good luck for the year!!

Scribe

Cancelled
May 26, 2005
Elwood
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Werribee and OC played a physical see-sawing match in perfect Barnyard conditions with the home side starting well and finishing strongly whilst the Tigers dominated the 2nd and 3rd terms. End result was 91-89 Werribee's way.

yellowbelly

Rookie
Mar 26, 2012
Preston
AFL Club
Collingwood
Werribee and OC played a physical see-sawing match in perfect Barnyard conditions with the home side starting well and finishing strongly whilst the Tigers dominated the 2nd and 3rd terms. End result was 91-89 Werribee's way.

The Roy's played Ajax at Brunswick St. Great fast flowing game of football. Ajax won a tight contest by a point.
The 2s won easily by about 20 goals.
Can't wait for Round 1.

Value Added

Senior List
Dec 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hells bells Scribe. The Bees are supposed to have lost a pantechnicon full of players and be also-rans this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back