General AFL Discussion #7 - Carlton Supporters ONLY !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2010
Malborne, Orstrayah
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Richmond until at least Rnd 2 2014
Tried to dribble around the arc..Youd reckon someone would tell these elite footballers that the dribble shot that bounces point to point doesnt exactly work with a greasy football and slippery grass.Well bugger me ,it slides straight.

The drop punt works best most of the time and particularly in the wet. .. even if it lands short it will generally slide straight. ..

Sep 27, 2004
Dr Geoffrey Edelsten's jacuzzi
AFL Club
Carlton
The strife of Ryan
Ryan Schoenmakers was firmly in the sights of disgruntled Hawk fans again yesterday, targeted in an online forum titled ''Big Defender'' that pored over an issue that just won't go away.

As one poster noted several pages into a dialogue of suggestions and summations about the need for a backman capable of trading weight with the game's power forwards: ''This is getting a bit monotonous.''
The strife of Ryan

The Age couldn't even bring themselves to mention that it was BigFooty...

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=929850

This is becoming monotonous, i'm sick of reading about players improving 'provided they get support'. Defenders need to be able to at least match their opponents 50/50. Constantly relying on the chop out from other defenders will not work against sides like Geelong, they have too many other quality forwards!

Once one player leaves his direct opponent to spoil its creating a loose man, if that is the defensive gameplan Geelong will punish you for that. Apart from which, they KNOW that is exactly how we will try to defend effectively, and just belt the ball forward as quickly as possible to avoid our midsize backmen from double teaming their big forwards. Defenders like Shoey will be found wanting against this quality of opposition.

Bring on the ruffster at CHB!

They're supposed to give the link and a couple of lines before giving the link again.

:cool:

Sep 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Bryce Gibbs close to new Blue deal

I know pen + paper hasn't occured yet, but there is little doubt that it will in the near future. Now the big question is will Gibbs be our "5 yr" signing (it seems to be the trend of late :D:thumbsu:)

Dont think it will be 5 years... 3 would be a good amount. Gotta get the big Kreuze and Yaz signed up for another 3 years each aswell.

Dont think it will be 5 years... 3 would be a good amount. Gotta get the big Kreuze and Yaz signed up for another 3 years each aswell.

Yazzle said he wants to wait til the end of the year, do we need to worry folks??

Sep 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Yazzle said he wants to wait til the end of the year, do we need to worry folks??

Im pretty sure he said mid season.

He was pretty open about it. Basicly said he wants to show what he can do and wait till mid season before signing a contract so he doesnt sign for less than he is worth.

He seems really happy and it doesnt look like he would want to leave the amigos and a team on the cusp of acheiving some real success. Im fairly confident we will keep him... will be shattered if he leaves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's gonna bat me round the ears for being a lefty pinko?
hands_up.jpg

Krooooze

Cancelled
Apr 19, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
Yazzie won't be leaving. He loves the club. And he loves Eddie and Jeff too much to leave. He will be a Blue for many years to come.

Blue Ratts

Club Legend
Apr 21, 2009
Ether
AFL Club
Carlton
Yazzie won't be leaving. He loves the club. And he loves Eddie and Jeff too much to leave. He will be a Blue for many years to come.

Freakin ridiculous..These guys hang out together and are bonded.They have helped each other get through.They are mates and it shows in the way they play.They have helped each other in ways we will never know and you can see it onfield.Cant see that bond ever broken and the extent of that bond I can see as major cog in a premiership team.

Oct 12, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Freakin ridiculous..These guys hang out together and are bonded.They have helped each other get through.They are mates and it shows in the way they play.They have helped each other in ways we will never know and you can see it onfield.Cant see that bond ever broken and the extent of that bond I can see as major cog in a premiership team.

They're fairly close with Walks too. They lived with him for a while IIRC

How long would Yazz last in Perth before he got homesick?
Perth's amazing int and dom airports make you sick on the spot
as do the taxi drivers
the pathetic eastern suburbs and do not get me started on the limited trading hours for retailers
Best bit of Perth is it is so close to the country and the best Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back