Mininera and District FL - Pre Season 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Which teams have a good draw and who has a bad one?

I know Hawksdale MacArthur dosn't have to travel to Great Western
maby the clubs that have to travel the furtherest to Great Western play
Them once like alternate travel each year which is fair i saw Glenthompson dunkeld play GW twice looks a good draw though it good to see Great western back up not many clubs can manage that great effort by the club and township :thumbsu: nothing worse then losing a club for good but travel these days is unavoidable if we want to keep clubs going
least no more byes draw looks good they can't please everybody though

With the Clearance list getting bigger, who are some of the new players coming into the league this season? I've noticed that glen/dunk are getting Will Dore back who is a handy wingman from a few years ago! And I hear that Grinter that caramut have recruited goes well!

Hamilton, Rae and Lockyer huge departures. Hamilton back to back league leading goal kicker, Rae coaching them to finals every year he coached and Lockyer last years best fairest. Also heard Matt Jackson and Paul mcloughlan have retired. Moyston not looking the best for 2012 unfortunately.

I know Hawksdale MacArthur dosn't have to travel to Great Western
maby the clubs that have to travel the furtherest to Great Western play
Them once like alternate travel each year which is fair i saw Glenthompson dunkeld play GW twice looks a good draw though it good to see Great western back up not many clubs can manage that great effort by the club and township :thumbsu: nothing worse then losing a club for good but travel these days is unavoidable if we want to keep clubs going
least no more byes draw looks good they can't please everybody though
Any chance you might check your spelling and grammar on your next post Andyt33? It is very hard to understand anything that you have written.

Steven butler also gone to bunninyong in central highlands. Billy leskosek to rovers according to ballarat courier today. It says he is a very classy forward who has kicked bags of goals for bunninyong.

Steven butler also gone to bunninyong in central highlands. Billy leskosek to rovers according to ballarat courier today. It says he is a very classy forward who has kicked bags of goals for bunninyong.

Billy will dominate the Lower teams, but will go missing in the games that the rovers will need him most!

Doesnt apply too much pressure either!

Steve butler is wasting his time at the rabbits, will be lucky to even play a single 1s game

1. Taty
2. SMW
3. Hawkesdale
4. Penshurst
5. Bolac

6. Moyston
7. Glenthompson
8. Caramut
9. Ararat
10. Lismore
11. Great Western
12. Worndoo

Billy had supposably signed on at the start of last yr had he not?

1. Taty
2. SMW
3. Hawkesdale
4. Penshurst
5. Bolac

6. Moyston
7. Glenthompson
8. Caramut
9. Ararat
10. Lismore
11. Great Western
12. Worndoo

Moyston will not miss out on the 5.yes they have lost lockyer and hamilton 2 very good players but they have them covered easily,rae and butler no loss.they will be very quick and would expect them to challenge rovers for 2nd ala 2011.
penshurst will make 4th,then maybe hawkesdale or bolac who have lost shitloads.
from 6th to 12th even stevens....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well the season not far away,
my ladder

taty
penshurst
SMW
moyston
hawkesdale

glenthompson
caramut
ararat
lismore
great western
worndoo

league medal: aaron bird
goal kicking: nicholson

there does not seem to be a lot of info around about the clubs and not being around the league much any more I'm interested to hear how clubs have played in their various praccy matches? any new stand out players? any new guys to look out for? any old players stepping up?

there does not seem to be a lot of info around about the clubs and not being around the league much any more I'm interested to hear how clubs have played in their various praccy matches? any new stand out players? any new guys to look out for? any old players stepping up?
i heard rovers got done by deakin uni by a few goals, i have not heard any other results...

Here are my round 1 predictions:

Ararat Vs Lismore - (29 points) Eagles to prove to strong on Alexandra Oval with the new recruits to impress.
Glen Vs Gt Western - (35points) League newbies to taste defeat first up. Glen usually start season strongly.
Taty Vs Bolac (45points) Reigning premiers to win hard contest first up. Bolac missing several players from last years final. Taty having a few out to injury will mean game is closer than people think.
Moyston Vs Hawksdale (7points) - Moyston to win - very close game but moyston to start well with hawksdale being a bit jet lagged.
Rovers Vs Muts (70points) - Rovers will smash a hard at it muts on a big oval. Muts lost quite a few in the off season and Rovers should be a 3-4 goal better side than last year
Penshurst Vs Woorndoo (101points) Ewing to kick 10

Please feel free to comment

Here are my round 1 predictions:

Ararat Vs Lismore - (29 points) Eagles to prove to strong on Alexandra Oval with the new recruits to impress.
Glen Vs Gt Western - (35points) League newbies to taste defeat first up. Glen usually start season strongly.
Taty Vs Bolac (45points) Reigning premiers to win hard contest first up. Bolac missing several players from last years final. Taty having a few out to injury will mean game is closer than people think.
Moyston Vs Hawksdale (7points) - Moyston to win - very close game but moyston to start well with hawksdale being a bit jet lagged.
Rovers Vs Muts (70points) - Rovers will smash a hard at it muts on a big oval. Muts lost quite a few in the off season and Rovers should be a 3-4 goal better side than last year
Penshurst Vs Woorndoo (101points) Ewing to kick 10

Please feel free to comment

Who are the Eagles new recruits? Also be interested to hear how Great Western are shaping up. Fantastic effort to get the club back up and running, hopefully they will be competitive!

Who are the Eagles new recruits? Also be interested to hear how Great Western are shaping up. Fantastic effort to get the club back up and running, hopefully they will be competitive!

New coach stasse is a A-Grade ruckman, new full-back Wemyss is meant to be pretty handy and throw in a few fringe players from better teams and leagues it will give them more depth

Weymss is an A grade player too. Will be one of, if not the best defender in the league. Won the B&F when at Bungaree. Not sure what happened to another recruit they named in the paper, Josh Brown.

Hope the Eagles go well. I know on a few occasions they have put very handy lists together, with good depth, only to end up with 25 players for 2 sides later in the year. Not sure what the story is there. Happened last year, more than comptetitive at the start of the year, then lucky to beat Worndoo.

forget the ararat eagles, lets talk about the real eagles. Hawkesdale/Macarthur!. the side is looking good on the track and should be an improved outfit from last year. Still plenty of young blood. have lost the speedy Winga sharrock and one of the sides prolific ball winners andrew Bos

forget the ararat eagles, lets talk about the real eagles. Hawkesdale/Macarthur!. the side is looking good on the track and should be an improved outfit from last year. Still plenty of young blood. have lost the speedy Winga sharrock and one of the sides prolific ball winners andrew Bos

Lost big Roach too. Would need to improve the list after their effort in the semi against Bolac.

He's a big lose aswell as Kurt Buchanan but they have some run and dash players from koroit and josh Reichman has returned from QLd. Brother Lachie is looking as fit as ever. One to watch from the eagles. Sam Ratta Lewis.

Any Early league BnF predictions?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back