• Gram

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adcock

• Other (Please Specify)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to keep him as he will probably do well next week vs Lions at home, but Barlow is sure to get a full game next week and I've pretty much given up on the idea of Broughton being played as a full time midfielder.

Although if he does settle and play majority HBF with few stints in the middle, he might be a bit more consistent as that is what he's familiar with.

Will stress over this all week Im sure.. especially after Lake posted an awesome score against a decent team playing a KPD on an on fire opponent who I would have thought needed full close attention.

Looking forward to picking up Shaw cheap down the track as well, although a backline of Broughts, Shaw and Waters will be very stressful!

i already traded him out, if an injury happens mid-week i can reverse it. Having Birchall sitting in my defence makes me feel a whole lot better. Just having to think about if Broughton will be a tagger this week throughout the season is not something i want.

Then why did you pick him in the first place? This is exactly how he has always played and will always play.

Hes never played on a wing before. Wing is midfield and i thought he would score well in that position and also it was clear that the intentions were to play him onball for the first few rounds as he has started there in the first game, also had some time there against Sydney.

The thing is we can always get rid of him, save the 80k he loses than if he starts firing pick him up for much cheaper while we get a rookie cash cow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Common misconceptions about team selections:

1 - The sub does not have to be drawn from the named bench players
2 - The supposed 'order' you are listed in the emergencies list matters jack squat
3 - Players may not see a single minute in the position named on the teamsheet

If, like me, you have GB, then you want him playing in the backline. Obviously not in the lockdown role he had against Stevie J (which all Freo supporters knew was coming) but you do want him down back.

No doubt his super high scores have come from some midfield games, but so do most of his disappointingly low scores. His consistent scoring comes from being down back.

Ironically, he gets more defensive roles playing in the midfield. He has a great record against SJ so that was always going to be a down week and I knew it when I picked him. I hoped that Barlow and Mundy would come in and keep him in our defensive unit which seems like its happening now too.

From now on I'm hoping and expecting he'll be in our back 6 racking up 80-110 each week. I'm giving him another 2-3 weeks and monitor the cash drops. If I'm wrong and he keeps up with the 60-75 crap he will still have enough value to get a Watters or some either rising defender as they pass each other in value.

I read something on DTalk the other day in the comments section that made me think. Something along the lines of 'If you think Broughton will average enough to be your B7 then hang on to him and work around him'. We all know he is good enough to average 85 playing lockdown every second week, so may as well keep him for now.

I read something on DTalk the other day in the comments section that made me think. Something along the lines of 'If you think Broughton will average enough to be your B7 then hang on to him and work around him'. We all know he is good enough to average 85 playing lockdown every second week, so may as well keep him for now.

But the other reality is he is going to be much cheaper soon and if he does start playing a midfield role with Mundy, Barlow, Duffield, Neale and Ballantyne in the team up and running then we get some extra time to watch him without being affected by scores or price.

However having said that im probably in a different situation i didn't pick a popular player that would be odds on to be the highest scoring back as we speak in Deledio. I didn't pick him due to a tough start as he plays 4 of the top 5 teams in the first 5 rounds. If he doesn't get tagged against Melbourne then im predicting he also goes bang with another massive score and he carries 2 x 140 scores through to the next round. All of a sudden he will be way out of reach.

Pretty sure I said that like a week ago in this thread... :/

Dont see the Dilemma here.

I selected him as a premium, i keep premiums unless they have a LTI. Back your judgment and hold your nevre.

Some of you guys jump off quicker than Italian Skipper.

The whole point of the first 10 rounds is to rage everyone into sideways trading.... only way to get ahead of the competition! So don't rationalize with them while we've got them trading out premiums. :cool:

Enjoyable read :thumbsu:

So many people quoting stats without actually watching what happened last year and in comparison what is happening this year.

Sometimes watching the footy explains why the numbers are what they are.

All fun stuff :D

Back