Opinion Pendles new app!

Remove this Banner Ad

DIDAIC0S

All Australian
Aug 23, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anyone think it's strange that soon after resigning with the Pies Pendlebury has his own footy app out? The Pies signed off on it when Pendles signed on? Or is it totally unrelated and Pendles is just being ambitious and cashing in?
Thoughts?

BTW totally stoked Pendles resigned, I was definitely one who thought he was out the door at years end!

Planning to change your disgraceful signature anytime soon?

Could be part of ASA, but hopefully it's not counted, not that I imagine it will draw much money.

Collingwood I'm sure are asking about the Juddesque night-moves and what kind of graft you can get away with that isn't part of the ASA or cap.

Pretty bad really. They make you pay for it then another in-app purchase to unlock all features.

Btw this isn't part of his deal, he's working with an app development company, no affiliation with Pies.

I don't get apps.

So what does it do?

Smart phones contain accelerometers that measure force. Traditionally they've simply measured gravitational force (or specifically, the direction of gravitational force) and from that they change the screen format between landscape and portrait mode.

For this app you very carefully gaffer tape the smart phone to the sole of your shoe. You kick a footy. While you do that, the app will use the accelerometers to measure all the biomechanics of your body as you kick the footy. Afterwards the app will then guide you step-by-step how to adjust your kicking action to kick like Scott Pendlebury.

;)

Smart phones contain accelerometers that measure force. Traditionally they've simply measured gravitational force (or specifically, the direction of gravitational force) and from that they change the screen format between landscape and portrait mode.

For this app you very carefully gaffer tape the smart phone to the sole of your shoe. You kick a footy. While you do that, the app will use the accelerometers to measure all the biomechanics of your body as you kick the footy. Afterwards the app will then guide you step-by-step how to adjust your kicking action to kick like Scott Pendlebury.

;)

I wish.

This app is just a bunch of videos that you can download inside it. You get 2 free with the purchase but there are more to buy in-app. Sorry pendles but not worth it :( Just upload the videos to youtube and make money off the ads.

haha...how much money do you think he'd make off YouTube ads? That is quite possibly JUST above making money off Google's AdSense program. He'd have to get quite a few views to make it worthwhile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha...how much money do you think he'd make off YouTube ads? That is quite possibly JUST above making money off Google's AdSense program. He'd have to get quite a few views to make it worthwhile.

Chris Judd would probably view it 10,000 times.
3,000 times for the rest of the Carlton players.

Then 1,000 times for every other midfielder in the competition. :footy:

Carlton alone, that's around, roughly, 120000 (40 rostered players), plus Judd's 10000 = 130000 views. Divided by the number of clicks that ads get = 2% Click-through = make app instead.

Just to clarify. Not one player in the league can "supplement their income" without the AFL signing off on it. Otherwise it is illegal and not within the rules of the AFL. No matter what it is - whether it be property investments, advertising etc. the AFL must know about it and it must not go outside of the 3rd party payments cap.

Just to clarify. Not one player in the league can "supplement their income" without the AFL signing off on it. Otherwise it is illegal and not within the rules of the AFL. No matter what it is - whether it be property investments, advertising etc. the AFL must know about it and it must not go outside of the 3rd party payments cap.

Surely not. That would be preventing a player for earning legitimate income outside football. Can you point out where it says that in the rules?

"Ken Wood (the AFL investigations officer) has tightened the guidelines which means that any time there’s a third-party arrangement which is around the time of or in any way connected with a player staying with a club or not going, that will go in the salary cap."

Further, I can't find the rule but I know that it goes along the lines of what I stated above.

As an example, I remember last year Sam Mitchell had to get sign off from the AFL to sell his investment home for a profit in order to not have it disadvantage other teams and their cap.

If you still don't believe me, you have to ask the most simple of questions - why introduce a salary cap if players can easily make unlimited money on the side - e.g. if we wanted to keep Pendlebury what's stopping us offering him a casual job at a Collingwood Director's accountant firm and pay him $1000 an hour - working one day a week and making $400,000+ before tax.

"Ken Wood (the AFL investigations officer) has tightened the guidelines which means that any time there’s a third-party arrangement which is around the time of or in any way connected with a player staying with a club or not going, that will go in the salary cap."

Further, I can't find the rule but I know that it goes along the lines of what I stated above.

As an example, I remember last year Sam Mitchell had to get sign off from the AFL to sell his investment home for a profit in order to not have it disadvantage other teams and their cap.

If you still don't believe me, you have to ask the most simple of questions - why introduce a salary cap if players can easily make unlimited money on the side - e.g. if we wanted to keep Pendlebury what's stopping us offering him a casual job at a Collingwood Director's accountant firm and pay him $1000 an hour - working one day a week and making $400,000+ before tax.

I get the feeling that's more for 3rd party deals and people making offers to players. If they go and start their own business or do their own work outside of football I don't think it's included into any cap. Although you never know.

I get the feeling that's more for 3rd party deals and people making offers to players. If they go and start their own business or do their own work outside of football I don't think it's included into any cap. Although you never know.

Dear Adrian Anderson,

In consideration of the AFL rules on player investments and remuneration, I hereby notify you that today I purchased a quick-pick tattslotto ticket for this weekend's draw, Saturday 14th April,

Regards,

Player X

Remove this Banner Ad

Back