North Central Football League - 2012 and Beyond!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who won the cricket GF ?
Burners won G/F beating Kingower. The old(50 year old) fox Ian Gould took some vital wickets to get them home to finish a good year. Burn players also winning batting and bowling average and aggregate for the season,player of the year and most catches. Good effort.

Burners won G/F beating Kingower. The old(50 year old) fox Ian Gould took some vital wickets to get them home to finish a good year. Burn players also winning batting and bowling average and aggregate for the season,player of the year and most catches. Good effort.

I played against him about 10 years ago, he'd lost alot of pace by that stage, but still knew how to find a way to get them out! Id imagine he's followed a similar path since?

Great run of success for Burners' teams recently - plenty to celebrate all round:cool:

Charlton hosted Hopetoun yesterday and had a win over 6 quarters. Were very impressive in the first 2. Plenty of speed but not a lot of height. Brad Comer definitely not coming to Charlton now.

Charlton hosted Hopetoun yesterday and had a win over 6 quarters. Were very impressive in the first 2. Plenty of speed but not a lot of height. Brad Comer definitely not coming to Charlton now.

What happened there?? I think a few years back he was going to marcorna with the wild boar but ended up staying put...

Wyche had a good hit out at Tyntynder think it was a win but couldnt be to sure, J. Martin, J & J White & J. Dixon were absent, T. Keanes mate looked handy hopefully he stays on for the year. Rumby didn't kick a goal.

Not one new clearance "in" as yet at the Burn .. paperwork must be stacking up !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a look.... Any st arnaud locals playing for the saints this year, s**t load of clearances in to the saints, and a few new ones heading to Donald.

Burners take on a new look St A - what's the feel ?:cool:

Just had a look.... Any st arnaud locals playing for the saints this year, s**t load of clearances in to the saints, and a few new ones heading to Donald.

Nope, the Darwin saints take on the bendigo red backs this week, looking forward to it.

We've had to upgrade the aerodrome to cater for a380s though.

Seriously though, Some of the recruits have become locals, so to speak, which is handy, working in town and the like.

Nope, the Darwin saints take on the bendigo red backs this week, looking forward to it.

We've had to upgrade the aerodrome to cater for a380s though.

Seriously though, Some of the recruits have become locals, so to speak, which is handy, working in town and the like.
Can anyone update me on the Selected Teams - they are never entered on the NCFL site.:cool:

Big round one coming up.
I'll kick off the tips and what not.
Wedderburn V Saints.
Should be a good game. Wedderburn will have about 7 changes from the team that won the flag last year. St Arnaud will have roughly 9-10 new faces that should help them. Motlop, McNamee and the freak forward from irrymple or up that way should be big inclusions. Wedderburn will have McHugh and Rose back but not much else really.
Should be a great game i'll take Saints by 8.

Boort V Charlton
This should also be a cracker, The magpies have picked up a couple and will be a very strong contender for the flag. Didnt need much to make them a handy team and apparently they have got that, few players from O&M should strengthen them, the loss of perrymen will be evident though i think. Charlton got a few locals back and picked up 1 or 2 from Melbourne, Carl Tease will rip it this year after coming home from bendigo league and could be a smokey for the feeney. James McGrath seems to be training the house down in Melbourne along with his twin brother joe.
Will be a good game but I think the depth of Boort will enable them to run all over charlton in the last quarter. Boort by 41

Final Game of the round see Birchip host Donald.
This will be the worst game of the round I think, whitewash. Donald have lost a lot of players, most being in the top half. Birchip picked up one or two but i dont think they will play a real part in the finals unless something dramatic happens, Rolla Koops and Lachy Foott should help a bit.
My tip Birchip by 68

Wyche got the bye, intraclub match apparently, Rumbold to kick a bag. Truck to go possesionless;)

Barnes for Leading goalkicker

McHugh and McNamee for Feeney
C.Tease and C. Jones for R/U

Enjoy

Anyone able to update on the 7 changes from last year's Premiership team ? Quite a challenge I would have thought ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back