Seriously considering no trade.

But I'm tempted by a few things

1. I want Greene and Milera
  2. I'm nervous to keep both Broughton and Martin
  3. Paine has been dropped
  4. Priddis rested

Team below

Remaining Cap: 17,600

DEF: B Goddard, B Deledio, A Carrazzo, S Burgoyne, M Suckling, M Clarke, G Broughton, T Bugg, B Ellis

MID: G Ablett, N Dal Santo, J Magner, D Martin, C Wingard, D Shiel, M Priddis, T Ledger

RUCK: M Kreuzer, J Giles, J Redden, O Stephenson

FWD: L Franklin, T Cloke, A Kennedy, M Pavlich, M Hurley, D Smith, B Smedts, J Paine, C Hampton

Anyone got an opinion?

Apr 20, 2001
Adelaide Oval / Anfield
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd,Liverpool, WWT Eagles.
I have gone Martin for Hawkins allowing me to trade Dickson for Greene.

Could have traded Hampton but he at least may play this week.

A bit risky but I am ranked 70K+ so need to do something a little different.

Hopefully Hawkins can dominate:cool:

harrisendblue

Club Legend
Mar 20, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Which of the two:
Out: Broughton, Dickson
In: Dempsey, Cornes

OR

Out: Parker, Dickson
In: Dempsey, Millera?

can u do the second - dempsey is def only

prefer the first as i reckon it will give u more points.

my dilemma involves parker: debating between the following options

parker-greene
dickson - porps or milera

as against

parker - ebert
dickson - milera

my aim is league however the comp is tough so wins are needed hence the second option which is more about maximising points.

luv to hear some thoughts opinion on these trades.

i also have broughts/martin but im deciding to stick fat and leave my premuims or super mid pricers alone unless injured. also made easier as there are no real standout must hves in def - im not yet sold on dempsey due to having only scored against weak opposition played though he does look much improved.

Selective Retention

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jan 9, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Remaining Cap: 17,600

DEF: B Goddard, B Deledio, A Carrazzo, S Burgoyne, M Suckling, M Clarke, G Broughton, T Bugg, B Ellis

MID: G Ablett, N Dal Santo, J Magner, D Martin, C Wingard, D Shiel, M Priddis, T Ledger

RUCK: M Kreuzer, J Giles, J Redden, O Stephenson

FWD: L Franklin, T Cloke, A Kennedy, M Pavlich, M Hurley, D Smith, B Smedts, J Paine, C Hampton

Anyone got an opinion?

Nice looking team to win a league there I think, a bit different from the norm.

The major issue is definitely the forward rookies. I would be trading Paine for sure now that the pies are adding senior players back in, there's your way to get Milera into your team.

Priddis out is just terrible luck. When you have a premium that barely anyone else has it kills you when they miss or get injured early in games. Last year I got to #1 mid season and had Mundy, Bartel and Sylvia. No one else at the top had them and they were all injured in the 1st quarter of a game, cost me 300 points to the other teams and Mundy I obviously had to trade out as well. So filthy at that still.

I've said to you before I don't think Greene is a must must get. I'm in the same spot with Shiel and Ledger but happy to wait 2 weeks and then get rid of one of them for McDonald if need be. No one will have the PERFECT rookie set up.

I think you definitely have to get rid of Paine. The other trade you can go sideways for Greene if you have your heart set on it, bank it, or go pre emptive and ride your luck by trading out a Broughton/Martin. That sort of stuff just comes back to how you want to play yourself, what your overall goal etc is. If winning the league is your goal I would just do Paine to Milera, if finishing as high as possible overall is the goal I'd do that and cull one of those underperformers.

Selective Retention

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jan 9, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Actually what I would do with that side is use the new trading rule and for your second trade this week move Martin to the forward line and go Hampton to Greene.

Edit: ok nevermind there is a big price difference here I didn't realise.

rosejam

All Australian
Apr 25, 2004
Melb
AFL Club
St Kilda
Nice looking team to win a league there I think, a bit different from the norm.

The major issue is definitely the forward rookies. I would be trading Paine for sure now that the pies are adding senior players back in, there's your way to get Milera into your team.

Priddis out is just terrible luck. When you have a premium that barely anyone else has it kills you when they miss or get injured early in games. Last year I got to #1 mid season and had Mundy, Bartel and Sylvia. No one else at the top had them and they were all injured in the 1st quarter of a game, cost me 300 points to the other teams and Mundy I obviously had to trade out as well. So filthy at that still.

I've said to you before I don't think Greene is a must must get. I'm in the same spot with Shiel and Ledger but happy to wait 2 weeks and then get rid of one of them for McDonald if need be. No one will have the PERFECT rookie set up.

I think you definitely have to get rid of Paine. The other trade you can go sideways for Greene if you have your heart set on it, bank it, or go pre emptive and ride your luck by trading out a Broughton/Martin. That sort of stuff just comes back to how you want to play yourself, what your overall goal etc is. If winning the league is your goal I would just do Paine to Milera, if finishing as high as possible overall is the goal I'd do that and cull one of those underperformers.

I'm greedy I want to both.

I wanted to do Paine to Milera but I'm short by $500 :mad: I'm so torn, I have faith in Broughton but not Lyon.

What do you think of Broughton > Hurn and Paine > Milera?

Oct 13, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man City
can u do the second - dempsey is def only

prefer the first as i reckon it will give u more points.

my dilemma involves parker: debating between the following options

parker-greene
dickson - porps or milera

as against

parker - ebert
dickson - milera

my aim is league however the comp is tough so wins are needed hence the second option which is more about maximising points.

luv to hear some thoughts opinion on these trades.

i also have broughts/martin but im deciding to stick fat and leave my premuims or super mid pricers alone unless injured. also made easier as there are no real standout must hves in def - im not yet sold on dempsey due to having only scored against weak opposition played though he does look much improved.
Can trade out Parker, swap lids into the midfield and put Dempsey in.

Not sure which of yours I'd go - I doubt neither Greene nor ebert are going to be top 10 mids, so you'd probably be looking at it from the pov of who will make you more money..probably Greene..

Plus porps is a better option than millera anyway

vinum coupe

Cancelled
10k Posts Ruby Geelong Cats - Travis Varcoe 2012 Player Sponsor
Aug 4, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Aussie cricket team
I am not touching any rookies.

But seriously thinking about gobby to dempsey.

harrisendblue

Club Legend
Mar 20, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Can trade out Parker, swap lids into the midfield and put Dempsey in.

Not sure which of yours I'd go - I doubt neither Greene nor ebert are going to be top 10 mids, so you'd probably be looking at it from the pov of who will make you more money..probably Greene..

Plus porps is a better option than millera anyway

after hitting the submit button i thought shite he is probably using the new trading option.

agree that both will not be top tenners. the ebert plan is to replace parkers m5 role and be able to score better than a rookie, increase in value and then get traded to a super premium. the green trade is strictly for cash. if i go green then porps becomes the F6 with the same strategic role assigned to parker/ebert

thanks for the feedback, im leaning towards green/porps.

Adz

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Who is the best trade for Dickson as some don't think Milera has job security...
Any others that seem like they may stick around?

Dickson > Milera

OR

Dickson > A. Kennedy

??

Broughton to Dempsey or Malceski?

Why trade out broughton? 1st week he tagged Stevie J i think which he does every time Freo play the cats, then he plays against Sydney where the whole team got flogged.

Freo have an okay run from here and Broughton will bounce back

Why trade out broughton? 1st week he tagged Stevie J i think which he does every time Freo play the cats, then he plays against Sydney where the whole team got flogged.

Freo have an okay run from here and Broughton will bounce back

As much as I love Broughton, I don't think he's going to have much of a midfield run this year. Fremantle's only other main small defenders are Ibbotson (who isn't much chop at actually defending) and Spurr (or so it seems, as that's where he was played in the nab Cup). With Barlow to play the whole game and Mundy and Morabito to come back, I'm not sure there's much room for Broughton.

Plus trading him for Dempsey leaves a nice wad of cash left over.

HELP tough decision for me. I always blow trades too early...

I have traded Dickson out for Kennedy, which pretty much locks in all my rookies.

But I made what could be a mistake recruiting both Parker and Caddy in my midfield. I like Parker better than Caddy, but with the cash I have left I can only trade Parker to Brad Ebert (my preferred target).

Do I stick with what I see in Parker, or take the plunge this week to Ebert?

themightybloods

Senior List
Mar 23, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
dickson to milera or greene?

Not really sure on this due to milera's job security, however if I trade greene in I lose my DPP link between the midfield and forward lines

tripple1zero

Team Captain
Sep 16, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Want to trade out Mumford and Broughton, but cant seem to do it the way I want.
Trade Mumford for Kruezer
Trade out Broughton
Move Smedts to DEF
Move Kennedy to FWD
Trade in Murphy.

The trade will let me move Smedts, but not Kennedy to replace him. Anyone know if this is possible somehow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back