Top 15 players 07 - 09 Drafts

Remove this Banner Ad

The thread is top 10 picks of the draft 07 - 09.

Rockliff was the leading goalkicked for Vic Country for 2 years wasn't he? Or in TAC or some other team I don't know. Given that, I still can't believe he slipped through to PSD

Are we including The PSD draft or is it just the national if so some people have Cotchin high and Rockliff not even in their 10p 10 or so. So I thought I would put up their stats for 2011 although I don't necessarily judge on stats.

Rockliff Total Stats: 20 games, Disposals 554, Kicks 310, Handballs 244, Marks 111, Goals 12, Tackles 108, Inside 50s 61, Goal assists 17.

Cotchin Total Stats: 22 games, Disposals 530, Kicks 372, Handballs 158, Marks 80, Goals 18, Tackles 78, Inside 50s 108, Goal Assists 12.

Different players. Rockliff is not as inside. You forgot to add clearances - Cotchin : 161, Rockliff 82, 1st possesions - Cotchin: 141, Rockliff 91. Rockliff looks more your Swan type, Cotchin Pendlebury.

He's also not tagged on a weekly basis by the oppositions best tagger. That's the reason he's so high. He has to deal with this yet his performance amongst his peers is still in the top echelon. Without said tag he'd rack up 35 touches a week. In saying that, Rockliff is very underrated and should be in everyone's top 15 lists. So should Jack Redden.

Different players. Rockliff is not as inside. You forgot to add clearances - Cotchin : 161, Rockliff 82, 1st possesions - Cotchin: 141, Rockliff 91. Rockliff looks more your Swan type, Cotchin Pendlebury.

He's also not tagged on a weekly basis by the oppositions best tagger. That's the reason he's so high. He has to deal with this yet his performance amongst his peers is still in the top echelon. Without said tag he'd rack up 35 touches a week. In saying that, Rockliff is very underrated and should be in everyone's top 15 lists. So should Jack Redden.

Who tagged Cotchin in Round 24?

A new year, a new attempt:

1. Fyfe
2. Natanui
3. Hurley
4. Cotchin
5. Martin
6. S.Reid
7. Kreuzer
8. Rioli
9. Yarran
10. M.Barlow
11. Rockliff
12. T.Walker
13. S. Hill
14. Ziebell
15. Butcher

16. H.Taylor
17. Shuey
18. Scully
19. Mumford
20. Zaharakis

Unlucky: Trengove (Dees), Sidebottom, Hartlett, Rohan, Dangerfield, Christentson, Bastinac, Rich, Redden, Vickery, Davis, Ballantyne, Hannebery, J. Garlett, C.Ward, Menzel.

My top 15:
1. Nat Fyfe
2. Nic Naitanui
3. Sam Reid
4. Michael Hurley
5. Phil Davis
6. Dustin Martin
7. Jack Trengove
8. Tom Rockliff
9. Harry Taylor
10. Shane Mumford
11. Cyril Rioli
12. Trent Cotchin
13. Jack Redden
14. Matthew Kreuzer
15. Alex Rance

A new year, a new attempt:

1. Fyfe
2. Natanui
3. Hurley
4. Cotchin
5. Martin
6. S.Reid
7. Kreuzer
8. Rioli
9. Yarran
10. M.Barlow
11. Rockliff
12. T.Walker
13. S. Hill
14. Ziebell
15. Butcher

16. H.Taylor
17. Shuey
18. Scully
19. Mumford
20. Zaharakis

Unlucky: Trengove (Dees), Sidebottom, Hartlett, Rohan, Dangerfield, Christentson, Bastinac, Rich, Redden, Vickery, Davis, Ballantyne, Hannebery, J. Garlett, C.Ward, Menzel.

Some good players in there. Some higher on reputation more than performance though - i.e. Scully, Butcher.

Callan Ward deserves to be higher. Scott Selwood is underrated by everyone outside West Coast. He is probably better than Zaharakis.

Watch out for Mora to make a comeback on that list by years end and for Zac Clarke to rise up it also. Broughton was 07 draft also or do mature agers not count?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we're going by performance so far Cotchin is #1. Better than Fyfe, better than Nic Nat, miles ahead of Hurley.

He's also miles ahead of Martin. Anyone with him outside the top 5 is taking the piss.
How is Cotchin clearly ahead of Fyfe?

My top 15:
1. Nat Fyfe
2. Nic Naitanui
3. Sam Reid
4. Michael Hurley
5. Phil Davis
6. Dustin Martin
7. Jack Trengove
8. Tom Rockliff
9. Harry Taylor
10. Shane Mumford
11. Cyril Rioli
12. Trent Cotchin
13. Jack Redden
14. Matthew Kreuzer
15. Alex Rance

Luke Shuey Chris Masten and Scott Selwood should be in there by the end of the year if not Scott already.

Nobody is rising faster than scott selwood atm. His first 3 games this year have been reflective of an elite midfielder. If he keeps this up the whole year by the end of it he will be considered in the same vein as joel. Averaging 30 disposals a game and is 7th overall. Has the highest disposal efficiency for all the players in the top 35 for disposals. Averaging 1.3 goals a game. Has the second least clangers in the competition for players that have played 3 games.

I wouldn't put Lachie Henderson in the top 15, but he is rising faster than Masten and Scott Selwood.

Almost as unheralded as Laidler who was a rookie pick in the 2007 draft.
haha. Masten polled 2 BOG's in the last 2 rounds last year and has been in the top 5 player the past 2 games for WC as well. Henderson would lucky to be Carlton's 15th best player this year.

Hahaha.

You have to be kidding.

Alright my top 15 from 07-09; projected.

1. Fyfe
2. Cotchin
3. Ziebell
4. Hurley
5. Naitanui
6. Martin
7. Trengove
8. Ward
9. Kruezer
10. Taylor
11. Reid (massively overrated for mine, still a very good prospect)
12. Rockliff
13. Zaharakis
14. Yarran
15. Hartlett

I believe Watts can fit in there, but I didn't want to turn this into another thread of Watts bashing.

So; players I think could figure.

Bastinac, Butcher, Watts, Scully, Clarke, Sidebottom, Vickery, Rich, Hill, Selwood (if this form continues) and Dangerfield.

How is Beams now out of contention in most peoples posts? I still think he is better than sidebottom and his kicking is in the top 5 at the club, especially under pressure and going into 50 . Come the mext 5-6 weeks he should be featuring in Collingwoods best 1-5 players in almost every game, especially with Ball out.

Hahaha.

You have to be kidding.

1. Fyfe
2. Cotchin
3. Ziebell
4. Hurley
5. Naitanui
6. Martin
7. Trengove
8. Ward
9. Kruezer
10. Taylor
12. Rockliff
13. Zaharakis
14. Yarran
15. Hartlett

I believe Watts can fit in there, but I didn't want to turn this into another thread of Watts bashing.

Bastinac, Butcher, Watts, Scully, Clarke, Sidebottom, Vickery, Rich, Hill, Selwood (if this form continues) and Dangerfield.

Sam Reid? If youre talking Sam Reid and you think he is massively overrated but think Watts could fit in there thats a very interesting take...

Hahaha.

You have to be kidding.

1. Fyfe
2. Cotchin
3. Ziebell
4. Hurley
5. Naitanui
6. Martin
7. Trengove
8. Ward
9. Kruezer
10. Taylor
12. Rockliff
13. Zaharakis
14. Yarran
15. Hartlett

Shuey?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back