• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
Naitanui by a mile. His physical advantages in the ruck are simply unstoppable. Kreuzer is a good young ruckman but he doesn't really stand out from the pack of the best 5-6 young ruckmen in the comp in my opinion.

BrownPearHookers

All Australian
Suspended
Mar 4, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Naitanui by a mile. His physical advantages in the ruck are simply unstoppable. Kreuzer is a good young ruckman but he doesn't really stand out from the pack of the best 5-6 young ruckmen in the comp in my opinion.

This.
Naitanui has magic.

Kruezer's pretty good, in fact he's very good.

He's a smarter and more natural footballer than Naitanui.

That said I'd take Naitanui; but it's not by much.

His x-factor is what won it for me.

Unfinished

Club Legend
Jan 21, 2012
Winning Flags
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'd go for Kruezer, seems like a much more consistent player then NicNat and that is what i think Hawthorn need more of at this point.

Belltower

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Depends what you want but if you had put Naita in the Carlton Side judd would get 20 clearances not 11. Kreuzer is more the cox type and Naita is unique, the knock on Naita is he doesn't get many possessions but Kreuzer hasn't yet this season. Naita is good for just less than a goal a game and kreuzer doesn't average much more than that. Look at it this way who would start in the centre bounces if they played in the same team, definitely nic would be the no. 1 ruck, even though Kreuzer is better at the throw ins.

There has been a heap of hype about Kreuzer so far this year but I feel Hampson has been as good, especially since he is clunking more marks and kicking more goals,Hampson was the best ruckman/forward on the ground tonight and has improved out of sight.

Back to the topic Nic would be my choice and he has also proven he can play in finals by being the best ruckman in 2 of the 3 finals the eagles played last year.

Kreuzer was by far the best ruckman on the ground tonight.

His influence on a game isn't measured by the amounts of possessions he picks up. His 1%ers, his knocks on, tackles, 2nd and 3rd efforts...it belies belief. So easy to miss, particularly with the way producers seem to neglect the centre bounce, but Kreuzer is something special.

As is Naitanui. Both are gems and will be two of the game's most dominant ruckmen, albeit for fairly different reasons.

Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans

His influence on a game isn't measured by the amounts of possessions he picks up. His 1%ers, his knocks on, tackles, 2nd and 3rd efforts...it belies belief. So easy to miss, particularly with the way producers seem to neglect the centre bounce, but Kreuzer is something special.

As is Naitanui. Both are gems and will be two of the game's most dominant ruckmen, albeit for fairly different reasons.
So what? He was playing on Jolly who is finished and Wood who hasn't even got started.

lamaros

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon

Hampson was better. Kicked some goals and got it more, while also dominating the ruck.

You going to make a Hampson poll now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

juzz88

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2009
The Netherrealm
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Juventus
Hampson was not "better" per se. Sure he kicked goals, but he also spent a lot more time up forward than Kreuzer did.

Hampson is becoming a very handy player for the blues, but comparing him to Kreuzer at this point is a bit of a stretch, despite his dominance in the tap outs.

Back to Nic Nat vs Kreuzer. Flip a coin as far as I'm concerned. I think most clubs would love to have either as their number one ruckman, for different reasons of course.

Jan 31, 2007
In N Out
AFL Club
Carlton
I'd go for Kruezer, seems like a much more consistent player then NicNat and that is what i think Hawthorn need more of at this point.

It would hard to pass up the chance of having Buddy, Cyril and NicNat in your team. s**t, I'd go to Hawthorn games every second week just to watch them myself.

Depends what you want but if you had put Naita in the Carlton Side judd would get 20 clearances not 11.

Seriously? :eek:

Kreuzer for me, has been the most impressive young player to come to Carlton in nearly 20 years, so I can't go past him. A footballer's footballer, he reads the play well, running with his teammates to create links ups; he's incredibly deft below his knees and gets down on the turf to hustle for the ball as fast as anyone; puts his body on the line and has courage in spades. NicNat is a gem, but I've got an admitted man-crush on Kreuz!

Barry Zuckercorn

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Jul 13, 2006
Parkville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
#StandByHird
So what? He was playing on Jolly who is finished and Wood who hasn't even got started.

Yeah good point. I actually know for a fact that Kreuz asked the AFL to postpone the game so he could get a better gauge of his form when Jolly and Wood were in better touch. But alas it was not to be, with scheduling and all. Bloody bureaucrats.

Hampson was better. Kicked some goals and got it more, while also dominating the ruck.

You going to make a Hampson poll now?

Looking at the stats is no substitute for watching the game.

There's a reason why almost everybody on the Carlton board has Kreuz in their top 5 on the night, while no one has Hampson.

Doubt that any west coast supporter would swap naitanui for kruezer and I'm just as confident that Carlton fans would keep kruezer

All the other clubs would happily take either

As others have said, naitanui is more spectacular but kruezer is more consistent and a more natural forward. Will look forward to their duels over the coming years

Jan 31, 2007
In N Out
AFL Club
Carlton
Except the Ferrari is driven by a woman, so its prone to bunny hops. Call it even.

vbh-458spider.jpg

Back