Oppo Camp 2012 non-Geelong AFL match and general discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlton's speed across the ground is evident and they are really hurting the Pies on the spread.

I think they will try and challenge us in the same way and we will need a fairly quick side to counter them.

wow! That may be Collingwood's season right there.

Ball is the Kelly of the Collingwood midfield, huge loss if it's an ACL.

They are light on for inside mids so he would be a huge loss.

Good news is he was assisted off rather than going off on a stretcher. Doesn't mean it's not an acl though.

Maxwell is really just dreadful.
I can't stand him and he is just awful to watch.

I don't think Ball will be long term, maybe just a bit of a hyperextension.
Didn't look ACL on the replay.

I know it's only Round 3, but Collingwood in 2012 look a tad like Port in 2008. Seems losing to us in the manner they did in the grand final (being with us for 3 quarters before getting dismantled in the last) is playing on their minds.

They look like a shadow of their former selves. Don't know how much that has to do with the change of coach, but they have no semblance of structure or game plan out there at the moment. It's probably the strongest side they've put on the park this year too.

When you think of it, they were lucky to win last week as well. They only really won it in the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half when they kicked 4 quick goals. Richmond were keeping up with them for the rest of the match.

Ball going off with the knee again, and Collingwood have already used their sub.

They are doing well to hang in though, scoring goals on the counter from the meagre opportunities they are getting.

Carlton are dominating the game, should be further in front, just haven't put enough of it on the scoreboard.

Geez the Blues look good. We had a good win last week people but im afraid that's not the best opposition the league can manage. Carlton are better than the Hawks in numerous ways.

- Structurely better and more solid line to line. And if a big goes down they can deal with it better.

- Rucks are miles better and less injury prone.

- Midfield clearance unit in general will be more difficult to deal with.

- Less skillful but quicker and harder working than the Hawks. Working very hard defensively this year.

- No Franklin and Rioli up forward but less predictable and Betts and Garlett have their fair share of brilliance plus Waite and other bigs are presenting and contesting well.

Jeez this Dawes is a complete dud isn't he?

He's just so pathetically soft and so slow to get things moving once he does get the ball.
They really need to find another tall to help out Cloke in the next couple of years.
If the rumors are true about Cloke possibly heading over to GWS, then Collingwood will be buggered without him.

Great call, I just said the same thing myself.
They would be very, very nervous about GWS lurking.

Dawes is a very average player IMO.

you lot are a pack of girls.

Just read the comments from the bounce to now and its a see saw.

Yeh, I'm feeling very nervous about my Carlton 1-39 point bet now :(...still feel we see Cloke really have a big influence in the 2nd half.

Jeez this Dawes is a complete dud isn't he?

He's just so pathetically soft and so slow to get things moving once he does get the ball.
They really need to find another tall to help out Cloke in the next couple of years.
If the rumors are true about Cloke possibly heading over to GWS, then Collingwood will be buggered without him.

Dawes has struggled but very hard playing as a KF for the Pies with the low percentage boundary line garbage they have fallen badly back in to tonight. Plus as I said the Blues are applying more defensive pressure than any team in the league right now besides maybe WC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garlett and Betts are an ever present threat, particularly on the counter. In space, they cut you up. Combine that with a good midfield and mobile rucks and Carlton are very dangerous. The defence has improved too.

When we play them, apart from finding the right matchups for Murphy, Judd, Betts and Garlett we need to (apart from win the midfield obviously) kick accurately for goal, and when we kick points/ make sure we lock it in and don't let them get into space behind the zone from the kickout.

Collingwood were always playing above themselves, people bought into that 2010 preliminary final and I think the Collingwood players did too.

The pies were such a good team BECAUSE of Malthouse.. And I really wonder how long until Eddie cops the heat he will rightly deserve for removing the best coach in the league and replacing him with an unproven lovechild.

Should get really ugly now with the pies down a player on the bench. Dawes is completely overrated.. That being said I have never rated him.. And he has never bothered the quality defenders we have.
See that arrogant little **** Fasolo isn't smirking and grinning this week :-D

Blues will be a worry.. Bloody quick and have a good balance it looks as well.

you lot are a pack of girls.

Just read the comments from the bounce to now and its a see saw.

Hahaha I was thinking this a bit... Bobby your the worst! One min your talking up the pies, the next saying they have always been playing above themselves!!?

Some dopey Carlton supporter needs to update their sign -

'Back to Back ?'
'More Like Back to Collywobbles'

:eek:

Why the embarrassed smiley?? Pretty sure they were taking the piss out of the pies from loosing last year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back