All not well at the Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Thread in rather poor taste.
Collingwood not traveling well but these things ebb and flow in a season and this season isn't shaping to be as unbalanced as last year. Likely Collingwood will feature into September.
You don't need to rub in a disappointing performance.
Who cares what the Collingwood fans are like.

Don't be too hard on them ...they came up against a much much better side ..faster by a long way ..and much harder at the contest...almost felt sorry for them for a while there ..almost ;)

Collingwood still has an awesome midfield ..and Pendles is the best player in the comp..and is untaggable ..swan is a superstar and their big forwards are just too good for an ordinary defence like Carltons . ;)

I wouldn't be too smug there if I were you. Its very early in the piece to be patting yourselves on the back too much.

A lot of what you said in this post is actually correct.

Don't be too hard on them ...they came up against a much much better side ..faster by a long way ..and much harder at the contest...almost felt sorry for them for a while there ..almost ;)

Collingwood still has an awesome midfield ..and Pendles is the best player in the comp..and is untaggable ..swan is a superstar and their big forwards are just too good for an ordinary defence like Carltons . ;)

Wowaweeee....

Carlton is untested against a top 4 side still. Because Collingwood didn't play like a top 4 side at any time last night.

If you think you can beat Hawthorn, Geelong, WCE, or an inform Collingwood like that, you are in for a shock.

carlton actually embarrassed the pies last night. will happen more often than not too a lot of sides they come up against.
and before you start coming up with the old cliches of playing sides such as west coast, geelong, and hawthorn, just remember that they havent come up against carlton yet either.

Nice! Classy stuff... While your at it call the flag?

Hawthorn are most definitely NOT ahead of Carlton right now and until we get Varcoe and a couple others back and more game time into our whole group we are not ahead of the Blues either. Glad we don't have to play you for a little while yet.

This. Carlton are the team to beat ATM but it's a long season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton is untested against a top 4 side still. Because Collingwood didn't play like a top 4 side at any time last night.

If you think you can beat Hawthorn, Geelong, WCE, or an inform Collingwood like that, you are in for a shock.

Boring, If you cannot recognize how good Carlton were last night then you don't understand the game. Who gives a stuff about whether you think Carlton are any good. i don't.

Boring, If you cannot recognize how good Carlton were last night then you don't understand the game. Who gives a stuff about whether you think Carlton are any good. i don't.

No-one gives a stuff what you think either...

Carlton fans are already becoming unbearable after 3 weeks.

Im not sure why people are laughing that Collingwood are shizen at the moment. I would much rather see the Pies up and about destroying Carlton than the other way around!!!

I dont mind Collingwood I have a great deal of respect for them. More than I can say for the Blues they are scum of the highest order!!!

We were a rabble last night, so I think you have a point.

It was beyond bad, it was lack of effort,lack of skill, lack of knowledge.

Welcome to the world where Carlton dominate.

Hope the rest of you guys like it.

I will be an Essendon supporter next week.

Go the Dons!!!

Carlton were as good last night as collinwood were pathetic. You guys came
Ready to rumble while we came ready to fumble. Your mob is
At the height of its powers in round 3 of verg, very long season.
You guys cannot play any better than u did, on last nights performance
Your team can't do much more. But let face reality here, collingwood is
Playing rubbish football, our team looks confused, players aren't putting
In the required effort and I could go on, but if collingwood played 5% better,
Keeping in my mind we have about 30% improvement left in is if we get
Our s**t together, u guys wouldn't have won. Carlton is a good team playing
Very good footy ATM. Collingwood is an exception team playing poor footy.
At the conclusion of the home and away Carlton will finish high enough to challenge but the real contenders like the pies, cats, hawks and dockers will
The mortein that keeps ur 'mosquito fleet' at bay. But keep thinking last night
Was more about ur teams ability the our teams lack Of effort. U guys have
Probably inadvertantly given collingwood the medicine it requires to get back to
It's 2010 heights.

Hope no-one get injuries cos im desperte for Blues to go Wet Toast, Cats and Hawks. That will show the true measure of this team.

Before this week, Carlton HAD to beat a top 4 team to be considered a top team, and now that we beat collingwood it doesn't count unless we beat Geelong, West Coast or Hawthorn. Get off it mate!

Carlton are the real deal.

They have a ruck division.

Geelong and Hawthorn have not.

It's still rather a hollow victory, despite how well Blues played.

Reid and Ball out of the game early- hurt the ability to rotate and guys like Maxwell and Wellingham who would have had managed loads all of a sudden were cut down too. Not to mention Carlton having an extra 2 days on the Pies which only then enhanced the problem when we went 2 down on top of some key players who weren't out there from the beginning.

Our form is not great though and we have some issues there to sort out internally.

I still expect us to be 9-3 or 8-4 by the mid season break and hopefully by then we will have everyone up and available and ready to go because at the moment we seem to be lacking the fit soldiers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back