Cam Mooney on AFL360 last night.

Remove this Banner Ad

but i heard on SEN that they reckon geelong will beat us anywhere from 60 to 100 points. Many on SEN (commentators) believe that geebung will win by triple figures.

I think the Roos have been going about things the right way over the last couple of years. I think sometimes it just takes something to bring everyone together and really click.
A good midfield group with both outside and tough inside players, two quality ruckman, Key forward in Petrie and a good backline.
Probably another key forward to go with Petrie would help unless Hansen or Tarrant can play there.

I think the Scott brothers are very impressive individuals and look like leading their respective teams very well.

I think it'll be a very close game on the weekend and wouldn't be surprised if the Roos won but I think and hope the Cats get over the line.

Cats supporters have always been easy to discuss footy with, even at games. Geelong are the only team I don't hate even when they thump us. It was the Cats that dragged footy out of the flooding era and lead the way in playing attacking contested footy, how it should be played.

Let's hope we can serve it up to them and hopefully topple them. Now that would set us up for the rest of the year.

It's interesting you bring that up Wasn't there a time around 2004/5 where he was almost delisted? I think it was around the time the Cats were supposed to make the finals but finished 10th and apparently Thompson was going to get the arse and Johnson was going to Collingwood etc etc...?
Nope. He requested a trade from Geelong in 2006 but was convinced not to leave :heart: if he had left, I think it's fair to say he'd probably be red in the face for a while :cool:

I seriously love the guy, there is no player I will ever love as much.

But he finished up a great player, and he's obviously a good bloke and you certainly wouldn't find a straighter shooter (from the mouth, not sure about his trigger skills). :)
Hey he was alright in '07! :eek:

yeah Geelong supporters are generally awesome. They are my second team for this fact and my default premiership team assuming North wont win.

I love how other "big" club supporters disagree with this and call them arrogant.

Encoded deep within the DNA of most Geelong supporters is the knowledge and appreciation that NMFC was one of very few who stuck up for the Cats in their darkest days 70 odd years ago when others were trying to remove them from the VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cats supporters have always been easy to discuss footy with, even at games.

Aside from the one I thumped at Kardinia Park in 2008.

Do think we are on the right track , but one or two years away from the top sides. I think we may have a chance to beat the Cats , but if we are on top at any stage during the match we need to kick straight to get a good lead. You probably need at least a 6 to 7 goal lead against Geelong early in the last to be a show, as they nearly always come back and are that Bloody good. :eek:

Geelong supporters have seen their team win three truly excellent flags, yet by and large remain level headed and easy to get on with.

Hawthorn supporters saw their team arse a flag in 08 (and haven't the results since shown it) and are cocky flogs.

Essendon fans haven't seen their team win a flag in over ten years and make Hawthorn types look like modest types from a Jane Austen novel.

The prosecution rests, m'lud.

Reminds me a bit of Arch.

Maniac once he crosses the white line. Quiet humble guy off field.

He's stated before that Archer and Carey made a huge impression on him as a youngster with the way they went about things fearlessly on-field. It's probably a good thing that his off-field behaviour had more Arch than Carey influence as well.

Quality bloke is Cam, and I reckon he's been excellent with his honesty in his media roles since retirement as well.

Geelong donated the gate from our first every VFL encounter at Corio back to NMFC as a sign of goodwill. Essendon had spent the previous 30-odd years making sure we couldn't get in / couldn't prosper once we were in.

No real surprise 80-something years later which one has the nob jockey flog supporters and which one has the respectful and rightfully but humbly proud ones.

And Cam Mooney... best new commentator in years.

Nice to see some mutual respect from a couple of clubs' supporters towards each other. Makes a nice change from the sh!te some of the ferals from other clubs throw around... :thumbsu: And I agree - Cam Mooney is an excellent and straight-shooting commentator. Good luck this weekend - may the best team win. I reckon you are in this one up to your neck, esp. given Geelong's short turn around time from a physically bruising match last round.

snip
Cam said North had a very good midfield in the making and one that will be top flight. When Robbo said "What do you mean, do they have good insides, outsides, have they got the runners?" to which Cam replied "they have it all and they go deep, wait until they get a couple more years under their belt. They are coming.

There is a massive amount of Geelong early 2000s about North's midfield IMO.

People were calling us 'workmanlike' and 'one-paced' due to players like Kelly and Bartel taking time to develop. I see people saying the same things about North, but I honestly reckon if you keep this group together you'll have people saying "how did all these stars end up in the one team".

Should be a close game tomorrow - hopefully it's a cracking contest. :thumbsu:

There is a massive amount of Geelong early 2000s about North's midfield IMO.

People were calling us 'workmanlike' and 'one-paced' due to players like Kelly and Bartel taking time to develop. I see people saying the same things about North, but I honestly reckon if you keep this group together you'll have people saying "how did all these stars end up in the one team".
That's a pretty good comparison with the guys you mentioned although I'd say Bartel and Kelly have always been good users of the ball. The one-paced business is a bit of a misnomer, really. North actually have a fair bit of pace through the midfield, but not really the body size yet to go with Geelong. Unfortunately (for the supporters) it's just one of those things that's going to take time.
Should be a close game tomorrow hopefully it's a cracking contest. :thumbsu:
I hope it's a cracking game but I keep thinking back to last week. Apart from having Luke Hodge out there, Hawthorn pretty much threw everything they had at the Cats and still lost. The day will come when we will beat Geelong, but I'm just not sure it'll be tomorrow. Some may think that's a negative attitude, but it also may be realistic.

He is the sort of guy who you reckon would be a great father and mate. Just love his quietly spoken humility - so rare amongst most of the preening commentators - don't share the Robbo hate expressed here - we need a yob commentator everyone else over intellectualises it

Geelong supporters have seen their team win three truly excellent flags, yet by and large remain level headed and easy to get on with.

Hawthorn supporters saw their team arse a flag in 08 (and haven't the results since shown it) and are cocky flogs.

Essendon fans haven't seen their team win a flag in over ten years and make Hawthorn types look like modest types from a Jane Austen novel.

The prosecution rests, m'lud.

Forgive the intrusion, but Hawthorn supporters were cocky flogs way before 2008. By at least 20 years. (Actually I've got plenty of other adjectives also if you need them)

Very close game this week. Can't see more than a couple of goals either way deciding it. Good luck.

He is the sort of guy who you reckon would be a great father and mate. Just love his quietly spoken humility - so rare amongst most of the preening commentators - don't share the Robbo hate expressed here - we need a yob commentator everyone else over intellectualises it
One mans yob, another mans complete f****

Remove this Banner Ad

Back