Entertainment & Music Mash V Get Smart V Seinfeld???

Funniest tv comedy....

• Mash

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Get Smart

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Seinfeld

Votes: 15 78.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sweet Undies

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2008
I MELT POSTERS INTO OBLIVION
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Team Stephen Shavedham
I don't watch Mash/Get Smart as much as should but when I do I always get a good laugh. Mash has got constant one liners, as does Get Smart but I find Seinfeld the funniest show I've watched. Seinfeld dosent come close to those two shows for line after line of humour.

I think Mash was voted best tv comedy show ever? As I say, I'm more a fan of Seinfeld but applaud the writers of both Mash and Get Smart.

I'll whack up a poll and see how we go.......just interested:thumbsu:

The_Doctor

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I dont like any of them really, Seinfeld is ok every now and then but the outside characters are always the biggest w***ers

Jonesy10

Senior List
Jan 6, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I was casual fan of MASH - 5pm weekdays used to be great. I reckon it's pretty hilarious I'm a more avid fan of Seinfeld though - I guess it's more entertaining on the whole.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Early MASH was some of the best television ever. I've always watched MASH and tried to relate it to what was happening at the time namely Watergate and Vietnam. The period in which the early MASH and indeed the exceptional Robert Altman film on which the series was based was one of huge upheaval in the US and I think the series writers reflected a lot of contemporary America in the program. Sacred cows were slayed during the early seasons. For this reason alone I think MASH probably just shades the other two.

Feb 12, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Swan Districts
Get Smart by a mile. I can watch all five seasons of the show repeatedly and roll on the couch in stitches from laughing every time. I certainly can't say the same thing about MASH and Seinfeld.

Get Smart is great. I love that show. Seinfeld shits me off, I can't stand it.
Never had time for Mash.

Caesar

Ex-Huckleberry
Mar 3, 2005
Tombstone, AZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Early MASH was some of the best television ever. I've always watched MASH and tried to relate it to what was happening at the time namely Watergate and Vietnam. The period in which the early MASH and indeed the exceptional Robert Altman film on which the series was based was one of huge upheaval in the US and I think the series writers reflected a lot of contemporary America in the program. Sacred cows were slayed during the early seasons. For this reason alone I think MASH probably just shades the other two.
Yeah, this. People forget what it was like before it became the Reverend Alan Alda Show.

jethro11

Club Legend
Jul 4, 2011
London
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newc Utd/Heart/RM92/Indians
Never really got into Seinfeld, but what I've watched of it was pretty good.

Get Smart is great for those who get the humour, and the movie was pretty bad compared to the series (Steve Carell made it better).

Always thought mash was alright but a little outdated and tedious. Great song though :thumbsu:

My vote goes to Get Smart.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
MASH easily for me. I have observed that most of the Y generation seem to ignore/hate it for some reason, but for me MASH always just had a magical quality about it that surpasses practically all other long-running comedy tv.

DrVanNostrand

Premiership Player
Dec 14, 2011
129 West 81st
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Seinfeld, not even close, and i rate Get Smart highly

Exactly this. Get Smart was so original at the time and had brilliant characters, but Seinfeld is just the greatest and most influencial comedy ever.

The Chief: KAOS has ways of making a man talk. If you're captured and there's no way out, this pill when swallowed will bring painless death in about 10 seconds. Any questions?
Max: Just one, how do I get him to take it?

:thumbsu:

MASH easily for me. I have observed that most of the Y generation seem to ignore/hate it for some reason, but for me MASH always just had a magical quality about it that surpasses practically all other long-running comedy tv.
I'm Gen X but I still can't go passed Seinfeld. Mash is second though & as I have gotten a little older I've been able to appreciate Mash more. However it does not come close to Seinfeld.

Get Smart never did it for me, although I did laugh as a small child at the unsubtle nature of the show.

Back