Western Border Football League - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

The MFNC would not be capable of walking into to the rooster and giving me a serve as it would cause them to show some fight and a little bit of ticker, something they have not achieved in Hamilton in the last 15 years. If they happened to drop in I would get them scrubbing the deep frier and stocking the coke fridge as it would be the hardest work they done this side of the border since I took over the rooster in 89'

According to saints sources millicent are going to give north a hiding. Bets anyone???
Heard some of their senior players made their first appearance at training last night. I suspect they will have to brush off a few cobwebs in the first quarter before they take charge and dominate the game.

Preseason is not a requirement at millicent. Just turn up half way through training on thursday and you're guaranteed automatic selection. A couple of pies before the game and you're ready to go.
Im sure this is what happens at north gambier!!!

Millicent footballers are holding a pie eating contest before the game against north. Win a prize!!! Guaranteed game of footy. Takers anyone?

Premiers: Millicent..just ask them
Wooden Spooners: Casterton
League Medal: Richard O'grady (North)
Biggest Improver from 9: East
Biggest Slider from 9: West Gambier
Goal Kicker: Justin Mcconnel
Most expensive team: North
Most under-rated player: Josh Ransom (west)
Most over-rated player: Chris Anderson (East)
Most loyal player in the league: Steve Duldig
Toughest bloke in the league: Heath Sims
Biggest Sook in the league: North Gambier Football Club

Its no wonder the millicent football club can't get locals as they are more interested in recruiting adelaide players who are only there to pick up a cheque.

dont think west will win many games; J Ryan off to Penola for 1k a game, depth in the club gone. magoos playing blokes that couldnt get a game last year because to old and hopless.
in saying that i think standard of the league has slipped and by luck North spending big will win premiership finally not!!!

dont think west will win many games; J Ryan off to Penola for 1k a game, depth in the club gone. magoos playing blokes that couldnt get a game last year because to old and hopless.
in saying that i think standard of the league has slipped and by luck North spending big will win premiership finally not!!!

I think the KNTFL will have the honours this year. No clearance for Ryan...has he just signed?

Premiers:
Wooden Spooners:
League Medal:
Biggest Improver from 11:
Biggest Slider from 11:
Goal Kicker:
Most expensive team:
Most under-rated player:
Most over-rated player:
Most loyal player in the league:
Toughest bloke in the league:
Biggest Sook in the league:
Premiers:any ne except north.
Spooners:casterton.
League medal:Brett oneill.
Improver:East gambier.
Biggest slider:millicent.
Goal kicker:mconnel in his long sleeve.
Most expensive team:yellow bellies.
Most under rated player:Jonny agnew.
Most over rated:any one who wheres ayellow jumper.
Most loyal:Steve duldig by a mile.
Toughest bloke in league:big leroy.
Biggest sook in league:North gambiers committe on the last day in september when all of there pokie money is paid out to the team taht runs second again.

Good win to Millicent somewhat unexpected if you listened to the dribble on this forum.
Portland over south at Blue lake sports park.
Hamilton over Casterton.
East barely over West in a low scoring game.
Obviously too early to say to much but Portland South North and Millicent should figure stronger than most in what is becoming a very pathetic western border football league:thumbsdown:

Interesting results today. Very good win by Portland and Millicent. Poor start by North. East only just beat an underdone and under manned West. Hamilton by not much over the predicted wooden spooners Casterton. Some interesting games next week......will give us more of a picture how clubs are travelling early.

dont get me wrong and i hate north:mad:. they have no pokies they are leased to someone so their money is coming from the lease just wanted to clarify that.

to early to tell how bad east and west are, lets wait a few games, if west kicked straight in last quarter they may have won?:cool:

dont get me wrong and i hate north:mad:. they have no pokies they are leased to someone so their money is coming from the lease just wanted to clarify that.

to early to tell how bad east and west are, lets wait a few games, if west kicked straight in last quarter they may have won?:cool:

Sounds like West were a J Ryan away from a 5 goal win? Has he really gone to Penola... Can anyone clarify that.

Whether North have their Pokies in their club or not they still get a lot of money from them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I wouldn't laugh too hard snitz the scores are actually the other way round. North won the game. But still north don't seem any better to last year and millicent could've won the game. With nulty in the ruck they wont be winning a flag in 2012.

Interesting results today. Very good win by Portland and Millicent. Poor start by North. East only just beat an underdone and under manned West. Hamilton by not much over the predicted wooden spooners Casterton. Some interesting games next week......will give us more of a picture how clubs are travelling early.

How do you rate portland this year? Lost some key players but bringing up some younger players should see a quicker side?

Did anyone see the east vs west game? Would have expected east to give them a flogging or are west better then what theyre getting credit for. What was the quality of the game like?

Did not see the game between east and west but had a look at the selected sides and west still have some good players on their list east at best fielded a very ordinary side if that is the best they got they will be the big sliders this year no doubt in my mind. Money is always a big issue in this "mini league" but the East hierachy has no idea or no vision to succeed too much inbreeding my guess. Big pity but that is the way it is.

Yeah I wouldn't laugh too hard snitz the scores are actually the other way round. North won the game. But still north don't seem any better to last year and millicent could've won the game. With nulty in the ruck they wont be winning a flag in 2012.

Yes North would say that they had a good day out at Millicent. I guess everyone sees the game from their own bias but for me Millicent handed the game over; how many shots at goal do you want to give the opposition because the fullback can’t kick the ball in to a team mate? And good job too that North can’t kick straight. They were other problems but if you can’t get set play right it makes it tough. On the positive side Millicent were very good at the ugly scrappy workman stuff and the ruck work will cause a few problems for opposition teams. Hagget was outstanding, Milera shows promise. Bennet needs to settle. Early days.

Did not see the game between east and west but had a look at the selected sides and west still have some good players on their list east at best fielded a very ordinary side if that is the best they got they will be the big sliders this year no doubt in my mind. Money is always a big issue in this "mini league" but the East hierachy has no idea or no vision to succeed too much inbreeding my guess. Big pity but that is the way it is.

It was expected east were the improvers and west would drop back. East, with the list they have and should be a top 3 side would have been expected to stamp their authority this early on in the season. But still it is early days
From what I hear portland have produced one of their better performances for a while....could be the side to beat. Who can stop Marcus England?

"Mini League" ??????

East should have ran west off their feet, skills let them down. Best on ground for west was a guy that played one reserves game for them last year.
Wheres Jarrod Ryan?????

It was expected east were the improvers and west would drop back. East, with the list they have and should be a top 3 side would have been expected to stamp their authority this early on in the season. But still it is early days
From what I hear portland have produced one of their better performances for a while....could be the side to beat. Who can stop Marcus England?
opposition will have more to worry about than just Marcus

Did anyone see the east vs west game? Would have expected east to give them a flogging or are west better then what theyre getting credit for. What was the quality of the game like?

If east are a top 3 side they have a lo ng way to go after Saturdays performance. A side like east that have been playing together now for a few years should have wiped a new looking young outfit of west. Think west will have a new way of playing footy this year and with a few more inclusions in the next month, may course a few headaches for teams. Obviously with a mass walk out of quality players from the league, it is going to be a lower standard of football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back